PDA

View Full Version : MINI 50 Splash Logo

Ivano
10th March 2009, 07:43 PM
As some of you know i do the Marketing and Advertising for one of the main Scottish BMW/MINI dealers.

For the MINI 50th Birthday in May I am considering getting my 2 doors made up with with temporary vinyl stickers incorporating the MINI 50 Union Jack Splash logo (Which i have a high resolution production version of and i could get it all printed up for next to nothing with my Printer contacts through my work).

I think it would look great against the black paintwork of the car being that the logo is a sort of paint splash effect..
http://www.miniunited.com/web/guest/miniunited2009

My only concerns is the Union Jack issue with the whole Rangers/Celtic thing in Glasgow. I had a mate in the past who had the Union Jack graffic on his roof and got hassle with vandalism etc.

I would only be running this for a few days probably over the Birthday weekend in May...

Does anyone think this could be a bad idea or would it just be taken in the spirit of MINIs birthday???

Stewart
10th March 2009, 08:40 PM
Sad I know but the flag and the fifty could be misunderstood as Rangers winning over fifty league cups as the strip suggests with the five stars…..

You would probably be fine if it said “Mini 50 years in the making” or something with Mini attached.

I’m thinking about a private plate and although I would like the Scottish flag on the side as you get, I’m thinking it might not be a good move with me visiting England every so often. Thankfully we had Glasgow smiles better years ago and nothing happened to the car down south.

GCA3N
10th March 2009, 09:19 PM
Sad I know but the flag and the fifty could be misunderstood as Rangers winning over fifty league cups as the strip suggests with the five stars…..

You would probably be fine if it said “Mini 50 years in the making” or something with Mini attached.

I’m thinking about a private plate and although I would like the Scottish flag on the side as you get, I’m thinking it might not be a good move with me visiting England every so often. Thankfully we had Glasgow smiles better years ago and nothing happened to the car down south.

No ones going to mess with a car with a glasgow logo on it....are they mad!:thumbs up:;)

Stewart
10th March 2009, 11:22 PM
:thumbs up:

That reminds me of that guy, who stood up to those terrorists at Glasgow Airport….

"This is Glasgow, you know - we'll set about you, we don’t put up with this kind of thing!”

Ivano just buy a Queen's Parks mini stick on the window strip - (you know the type) of thing no old firm fan would do a thing only pity the driver.......

The Dogfather
10th March 2009, 11:25 PM
Nobody in England would blink an eye at a plate with a Saltire IMO

audrey
10th March 2009, 11:38 PM
As some of you know i do the Marketing and Advertising for one of the main Scottish BMW/MINI dealers.

For the MINI 50th Birthday in May I am considering getting my 2 doors made up with with temporary vinyl stickers incorporating the MINI 50 Union Jack Splash logo (Which i have a high resolution production version of and i could get it all printed up for next to nothing with my Printer contacts through my work).

I think it would look great against the black paintwork of the car being that the logo is a sort of paint splash effect..
http://www.miniunited.com/web/guest/miniunited2009

My only concerns is the Union Jack issue with the whole Rangers/Celtic thing in Glasgow. I had a mate in the past who had the Union Jack graffic on his roof and got hassle with vandalism etc.

I would only be running this for a few days probably over the Birthday weekend in May...

Does anyone think this could be a bad idea or would it just be taken in the spirit of MINIs birthday???

Its a disgrace you should even have to worry about this kind of thing but its a sad fact that there will probably be some wee idiot takes offence to this :frown:
I know that where I stay I wouldn't consider this but depending where you park your car if its gonna be in a garage should be fine like you say only for couple of days.Sounds like a good idea too :yes nod:

Stewart
10th March 2009, 11:53 PM
Nobody in England would blink an eye at a plate with a Saltire IMO

Your right, I have to say I think your roof for example is fantastic but a few areas up here in Glasgow there is too many low life’s that you get every place I suppose but they would treat your roof like open season. I may be wrong………..

Mate had a few cars, he could park the run of the mil cars anyplace but his expensive rather exclusive car with the private plate got dogs abuse……….pates ripped off, cones on the roof, keyed ,kebab you name it.

weefossy
11th March 2009, 12:12 AM
I was thinking of magnetic 50 splash stickers that we could all have on each door for the trip to Silverstone?
Similar to the magnetic run placques that we had for the Borders run. A combination of the splash logo and NMS 2009 would be good?
Any idea what the cost per car would be?

Crombers
11th March 2009, 07:54 AM
Would be disappointed if these logo's were to attract the 'bams'

What about the 'What a birthday' 'it's a MINI' 50 one's, are your company doing them?