PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

Gismo
9th March 2009, 11:37 AM
Well, time for renewal, should have realised that with the one month remaining on my Direct Line policy and advising of the changes i'd had done it cost £56 which included a £25 admin fee :ragin:

Anyway's i naturally requested a quote from our sponsor :thumbs up: but, sadly, this was one modification too much, they were able to give me a quote, but, well, it was just a bit too much.

Anyways, i managed to get a like for like policy that covers all the mods including the brakes, suspension, engine conversion and the stereo for £475 with protected bonus.
Considering that my renewal with Direct Line was £375 with no mods i'm well chuffed :yes nod:

So, if anyone is thinking about the same conversion, go for it :Whistle:

Big Gordy
9th March 2009, 11:50 AM

The insurance appears to be the cheapest part of the whole conversion:Whistle:

Crombers
9th March 2009, 12:04 PM
The insurance appears to be the cheapest part of the whole conversion:Whistle:

:D (sorry Boss)

zimbo
9th March 2009, 12:49 PM
Just remember folks AGE also comes into it as well... :lol:

GCA3N
9th March 2009, 01:07 PM
That is a great price, I am £280 for the year. I got the same thing about the admin costs for the changes in policy. I said to them that policy was up for renewal, and if they added on an admin cost i would go else where. (did help that i also have a second car and home insurance with them though, which would also have been cancelled) They said that they would waver the payment. Maybe it would be a good idea top tell your insurance company about mods just before it is due for renewal:thumbs up:

Craig
9th March 2009, 06:26 PM
aye Crombers, you will know about cheap insurance as your nearly as old as Alan.. :moonie::thumbs up:

stoney
9th March 2009, 08:27 PM
Well, time for renewal, should have realised that with the one month remaining on my Direct Line policy and advising of the changes i'd had done it cost £56 which included a £25 admin fee :ragin:

Anyway's i naturally requested a quote from our sponsor :thumbs up: but, sadly, this was one modification too much, they were able to give me a quote, but, well, it was just a bit too much.

Anyways, i managed to get a like for like policy that covers all the mods including the brakes, suspension, engine conversion and the stereo for £475 with protected bonus.
Considering that my renewal with Direct Line was £375 with no mods i'm well chuffed :yes nod:

abmrai tryed to do this to me when they got the car wron when i tlod them it was a jcw s they had it as a cooper then tryed to charge me £60 i phoned them up and told them no way i was payin thay then sent me a letter saying if i did not pay they would take me to cort for it so i phoned up again and told them why i should i pay for something they did wrong not me :smilewinkgrin: and a very nice man said dont wory i will clear it :D so i got away with it :D:off topic:

but on the up side i am now with chris knot as they beet my renewal be £80 :thumbs up:

Crombers
10th March 2009, 11:08 AM
aye Crombers, you will know about cheap insurance as your nearly as old as Alan.. :moonie::thumbs up:

Nearly as old, aye, I'll give you that

You'll also have to admit that I had the harder paper round :rolleyes: