PDA

View Full Version : Modern Mini

Smitty
8th March 2009, 10:32 PM
I picked up this months Modern Mini and it has a full review of Gismo's turbo conversion on a GP (plus the cost :p).....

....you are mental spending that much on a MINI mate! Hats off to you...:thumbs up: :cool:

Also, G19RNT in the readers page - car is looking good with the Lenso alloys :D

Gismo
9th March 2009, 05:06 AM
I picked up this months Modern Mini and it has a full review of Gismo's turbo conversion on a GP (plus the cost :p).....

....you are mental spending that much on a MINI mate! Hats off to you...:thumbs up: :cool:I think you'll find that the GP owner replaced his pistons and camshaft and also had a new GTT cylinder head installed :yes nod:
Still not a cheap conversion, but, as i'm not replacing my car this year i decided to spend some money on the current car instead :thumbs up:
How was the review

Smitty
10th March 2009, 01:12 AM
The review was very good - sounds like a very good mod to go for, both cost wise and particularly.

The top mounted intercooler is an interesting approach. I did question why it was top mounted on yours when first seeing the pictures, and not grill mounted to give the big mouth intercooler look - but suppose keeping the Air Con is a very practical thing to do :thumbs up:

It also commented on just how easy it still was to drive around town and low speeds. I guess that's mainly because it still has a standard gearbox and clutch. Is there not worries that these components might straing a little bt over time, with the power it's having to deal with? Or is that all n hand? ;)