PDA

View Full Version : Aerokit Grill

rosssp
6th March 2009, 02:22 PM
Ok folks me again. Next tip and hints i'm looking for is fitting the Aero kit black grill to a standard cooper s bumper.
cheers folks for any advice :thumbs up:

Ivano
6th March 2009, 02:49 PM
I know that Lohen do a kit for this (see below link)

http://www.lohen.co.uk/shop/proddetail.php?prod=LohenAerokitGrilleConversion

But i don't know about DIY of this conversion. They may provide some advice if required.

Forbes
6th March 2009, 03:56 PM
Think Gismo has done this, he should be able to help. There are a few on here that have actually.

john
6th March 2009, 06:58 PM
I fitted it to my one too, it's time consuming but very easy.

It's just a case of making the bottom park a lot thinner than it is and quite obvious after the old one is removed.:thumbs up:

Gaz B
6th March 2009, 09:17 PM
I've done it too, as John says, it becomes pretty obvious when you remove the bottom grille and hold up the new one. I used a hacksaw blade and just took a bit off at a time constantly checking it against the car. I also fixed it in place using black headed screws at the top corners. They were nearly invisible and saved alot of time and hassle. :thumbs up:
There is a guide on mini2 but I think it took about a fortnight to do:p and I don't have a dremmel......:rolleyes:

Dinne be feart....:popcorn:

john
7th March 2009, 12:50 AM
I bonded my one on using Black Silicone so that it had no visible fixings.:thumbs up:

Gismo
7th March 2009, 06:12 AM
I bonded my one on using Black Silicone so that it had no visible fixings.:thumbs up:You have to remove the bumper, once you get the old grille off you then have to reduce the depth of the new black grille to how you want it to sit in the bumper recess.
I wanted a slightly raised edge all the way round, others want it to sit flush.
I used a dremel and also used number plate fixing screws to further hold it in place :thumbs up:

rosssp
18th March 2009, 05:23 PM
The grill is on. a much easier job than i thought it would be. The original grill on the standard bumper just clipped of with a little gentle use of a screw driver. :lol:
Didn't want any screws showing, so managed to bond it to the bumper. looks very nice now. Thanks all for the advice that was given. Followed some of it and improvised a little too. Suppose thats what they call modding a car. :computer::thumbs up:

Gaz-Muir
19th March 2009, 11:59 AM
I fitted mine in about 20mins! :confused:

I just made holes in the bumper for the Aero grilles lugs to clip into.. Just needed a drill, real easy..

john
19th March 2009, 12:19 PM
I did not remove the bumper;)

Gaz-Muir
19th March 2009, 03:10 PM
Me neither, i dont see any need whatsoever!!???? :moonie: