PDA

View Full Version : 75,000,000,000

AndyP & Lenore
6th March 2009, 12:38 AM
Enough?

One things for sure..... another 1/2 percent cut in interest rates is going to do absolutely NOTHING but hurt the banks in profits and the savers with less interest. It'll make no difference to borrowers because there's no way the banks can pass on yet another cut.

A.

Scottie
6th March 2009, 12:39 AM
I thought Euro Millions when I saw thread title.:blush:

Gismo
6th March 2009, 08:50 AM
One things for sure..... another 1/2 percent cut in interest rates is going to do absolutely NOTHING but hurt the banks in profits and the savers with less interest. It'll make no difference to borrowers because there's no way the banks can pass on yet another cut.

A.Agreed!

Craig
6th March 2009, 09:03 AM
yeah, at the end of the day, the government needs to FORCE the banks to start trading/lending with each other or we are going to be in this situation for a longer time than necessary..:ragin::ragin:

I think the government should bring in fines for banks who refuse to trade with each other... :argh::argh:

what makes me really angry is we are the ones who will be paying for all their mistakes, plus all of the money given recently to kick start the market and they still refuse to do business with each other... RANT OVER...:argh:

euan
6th March 2009, 06:56 PM
I'm amazed that they've not forced RBS, HBOS/Lloyds and Northern Rock to do it - after all they are majority shareholder in 2 of those three.

It's not going to make any difference until they lend, your right, but bugger me our mortgage is cheap now!

Scottie
6th March 2009, 07:22 PM
the thing is they don't really know what to do to "fix" the current climate and are focusing on a quick fix i.e 2 to 3 years but thats just not going to happen it will take ten years to recover from this and even then it will never be back to the good times that many companies had and people.

I actually don't really consider what is happening as a bad thing let the families get back to basics and become a family again like what many of us had when we were young and living in the 50's(john and gismo man):p 60's 70's.

However in saying all that if they keep on the current track money will be worthless and intrest rates will rocket then I will feel sorry for alot of folks.

bit of a mixed bag message from me but I thinking we are fooling ourself to think things will be back on track with 2 or 3 years. If your paying low mortgage payments I would top it up pay more now or keep your money for
when the interest rockets. this is my 2p

illegalhunter
6th March 2009, 08:06 PM
Wait for the huge double diget inflation when it spent into the economy.

euan
6th March 2009, 09:51 PM
Oh, it's only going to get worse. Savings are worthless from an interest payment just now and if it wasn't for us trying to move I'd be paying huge amounts off our mortgage just now.

Money has been too freely available, people abused it, the banks took the profit. I've always been a bit more careful with my money, so hoping to avoid the worst anyway. Property will revalue to the realistic value, and as you say I hope family values become more important. Will they? Time will tell.

Scottie
6th March 2009, 10:51 PM
Oh, it's only going to get worse. Savings are worthless from an interest payment just now and if it wasn't for us trying to move I'd be paying huge amounts off our mortgage just now.

Money has been too freely available, people abused it, the banks took the profit. I've always been a bit more careful with my money, so hoping to avoid the worst anyway. Property will revalue to the realistic value, and as you say I hope family values become more important. Will they? Time will tell.

yip I agree

it is better to pay as much as you can or allowed to do so against your mortgage if your money is not doing anything for you in a savings account.

MiniSnaps
7th March 2009, 12:31 AM
I thought Euro Millions when I saw thread title.:blush:

I thought "ex-taxi mileage" :smilewinkgrin:

Smitty
7th March 2009, 10:49 AM
Wait for the huge double diget inflation when it spent into the economy.

I doubt Hyer-Inflation will happen - it's hardly post-War Germany or Zimbabwe! The Bank of England no what there doing.....just! :lol: