PDA

View Full Version : My new wheels...

KenL
5th March 2009, 09:13 PM
Before fitting my new wheels I was planning on trying to seal/protect them. I am not after buying any new products but I have the following that I could put on them.

Klasse All-in-one & Collinite 476S.

Do you think it would be best to put on the Klasse followed by a couple of coats of the wax or just use one of those products? If just one, which one?

AndyP & Lenore
5th March 2009, 10:07 PM
Ken I know you don't want to buy a new product, but if you did.... Poorboys Wheel Sealant is fantastic stuff.

I don't use the two products you mention so can't give an educated answer, however..... I'm always weary of the products that say they clean/protect/seal all in one go. Not saying the Klasse doesn't work, but I'm not convinced it will work as well as cleaning the wheels with a proper wheel cleaner and then protecting them with a proper wheel sealant.

So, I'd suggest you use the Klasse then seal them with the Collinite.

A.

KenL
5th March 2009, 10:53 PM
Thanks Andy.

Craig
5th March 2009, 10:54 PM
I would just use the collinte Ken. It's VERY hard wearing and should do the job fine. Just make sure you get all the contaminents off first :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
6th March 2009, 12:10 AM
I would just use the collinte Ken. It's VERY hard wearing and should do the job fine. Just make sure you get all the contaminents off first :thumbs up:

<cough>erm, which the Klasse should do nicely<cough>. You can bitch at me later.:laugh:

A.:D

Scottie
6th March 2009, 12:24 AM
the 476S is mean't to be a permanent auto wax and last a year but like any LSP they are all about lustre and shine and to the lazy ones who don't want to wax to often - durability.

Klasse AIO has sealant and that's the one I would go for

actually I would Klasse first then wait a couple of hours then put a coat of the 476S on.

ianking
6th March 2009, 09:35 AM
Yip, I agree with Andy anf Fi.

Put a layler of Klasse AIO on first to help make them smoother to the finish as it has a bit of polish in it. Then as many layer of Colli as you can manage.

KenL
6th March 2009, 08:08 PM
Thanks folks.

Did the Klasse followed by a layer of Collinite. Will put at least one more layer of wax on before I fit the wheels on Sunday.