PDA

View Full Version : red spoiler/black roof

GCA3N
5th March 2009, 01:46 PM
Seen someone is selling a red spoiler, just wanted to get an idea out there on what people thought about a black roof (silver body work) and a red spoiler (already have the red wing mirrors and matching calipers). To be honest even i think it might be too much...not sure though:confused:

Forbes
5th March 2009, 01:57 PM
I saw a grey r56 with black roof and red spoiler in edinburgh. If you were to do it, i would remove all your vinyls and stuff because it would be too cluttered. It could work though. Some might be able to photoshop it for you.

Gismo
5th March 2009, 02:01 PM
Not my cup of tea

ianking
5th March 2009, 02:19 PM
Not my cup of tea

Nor mine I have to say, but its no my car so each to their own.

RyanK
5th March 2009, 08:09 PM
Nor mine I have to say, but its no my car so each to their own.

+1

Craig
5th March 2009, 10:50 PM
I wouldn't but then again, as others have said, it's your motor and if we all did the same thing, then it wouldn't be individual :yes nod:

lowrider
6th March 2009, 12:38 AM
Styling is a personal thing, like a cup of tea, some like sugar,milk, some don't (back to cars !) I prefer the minimal approach, to me good styling keeps it simple and colour coded or two tone like black and silver. A red spoiler on a black roof could look like you are waiting to get it painted, personal choice though :thumbs up: Never mind what we think, if you like it try it, you can always change it.

AndyP & Lenore
6th March 2009, 12:48 AM
I know it's not the same but MINI William's One was red with red roof and he had a black spoiler. I realise you're looking at a red spoiler on a black roof, but the pics of MINI William's car will at least give you an idea of what a car looks like with a different coloured spoiler than what the roof is.

MINI Williams ONE (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=14850)

A.

AndyP & Lenore
6th March 2009, 12:53 AM
And, I've done a really crap photoshop job on MINI Williams new chilli red Cooper. It has a black roof with a black spoiler, but I've photoshopped the spoiler red. Apologies to MINI William for using his car without permission.

A.

Gismo
6th March 2009, 05:31 AM
Red car with black roof and red spoiler kinda works :thumbs up:

GCA3N
6th March 2009, 07:18 AM
Kinda agree the red body work seems to work with it, thanks for doing that. Think my suggestion will probably be going to far, and end up spoiling it , to coin a phrase, thanks all for your opinion.:thumbs up: