PDA

View Full Version : Strong MINI auction prices

BigStuff
4th March 2009, 12:23 PM
For those of you worried about recessions impact on residuals i can confirm things did'nt look that bad at BMW Group auctions @ BCA edinburgh yesterday.

MINI examples

04 MINI One with Pepper 36k miles £6300 +bp
04 plate Cooper with 30k miles £7200 + bp
Couple of 57 plate sub 10k miles Doopers with 17s and Chilli @ £12800 and £13500 +bp
08 plate MINI One with Pepper and Crowns (finance repo) 15miles mint but front tyres getting low £11.5k + bp

bp=buyers premium

All the main dealers are short of AUC stock it seems.

CoNs
4th March 2009, 01:47 PM
yes i heard this aswell

i sold my Mini One 04 plate 39k £5900 private

Mini told me that cars were selling much much higher in auctions making it hard for them to get decent stock

Crombers
4th March 2009, 05:39 PM
Really impressive stuff, £7200 for an 04 Cooper :thumbs up:

Bought new with a few bits & bobs , we are talking not much change from £14000

Five years down the line & you are getting 51.5% retained value :yes nod:

How many other cars can match that ?

AndyP & Lenore
4th March 2009, 08:40 PM
08 plate MINI One with Pepper and Crowns (finance repo) 15miles mint but front tyres getting low £11.5k + bp

Weird. 15 miles with low tread?:confused:

However, it's interesting and good news that residuals on the older vehicles are still holding up.

A.

bazzaric
4th March 2009, 08:56 PM
good news. I'm contemplating selling mine and getting a GP now :thumbs up:

ianking
4th March 2009, 10:42 PM
Weird. 15 miles with low tread?:confused:

However, it's interesting and good news that residuals on the older vehicles are still holding up.

A.

I think its meant to read 15k miles. 15 miles and a finance repo means they wouldnt even have driven it yet let alone had the time to miss a payment.

Craig
4th March 2009, 10:43 PM
yeah Mark (mini-saltire) did mention that cars at an auction recently were going for over book (and they weren't mini's)... :thumbs up:

looks like the market is turning pretty quick

Scottie
4th March 2009, 11:37 PM
I work beside the wife of the chief guy at Western Mercedes @ Edinburgh and she was saying that they could hardly sell a new mercedes but could not keep up with demand for used one, however thats all very well but it is the new cars that they need to be selling.

So we all need to sell our car at auctions rather than trade in when the time comes.

MiniSnaps
5th March 2009, 02:49 AM
The price of that 04 One was a joke, but they were fighting for it, it makes the immaculate 12k, 56 plate Cooper I could have had a couple of weeks back for £8k look like a total steal.

Any idea what the Red/White 56 Plate Cooper with 45k on it made? I couldn't be bothered waiting.....

BigStuff
5th March 2009, 10:42 AM
I think its meant to read 15k miles. 15 miles and a finance repo means they wouldnt even have driven it yet let alone had the time to miss a payment.

Yeah 15k sorry:blush:

BigStuff
5th March 2009, 10:44 AM
The price of that 04 One was a joke, but they were fighting for it, it makes the immaculate 12k, 56 plate Cooper I could have had a couple of weeks back for £8k look like a total steal.

Any idea what the Red/White 56 Plate Cooper with 45k on it made? I couldn't be bothered waiting.....

Nope i was looking at the Z4 which went on straight after so never noticed.

Other 56 plate cooper in silver went for 11k:yes nod:

MiniSnaps
7th March 2009, 12:29 AM
Nope i was looking at the Z4 which went on straight after so never noticed.

Other 56 plate cooper in silver went for 11k:yes nod:

It wasn't the nicest thing in the world anyway, quite a lot of poorish,new paint on it..

It's not just that sale,spoke to someone today who said he watched a couple of '04-'05 plates do £1500 into book.

I can see mine going on it's merry way if that is the case :smilewinkgrin: