PDA

View Full Version : Please can anyone help with wheels

colliz
4th March 2009, 04:11 AM
Can anyone help with the spec for my wheels. My mini one (2004) needs an MOT soon and I need 4 new tyres and the price that you can get 4 new tyres for, somepeople are selling alloys with tyres for the same price (not new tyres of course but road legal and may need refurb at a later date) plus I would like to change the alloys on the car anyway. Looking for the spec that I can get for my car so that I do not buy the wrong size, diam, ect. Plus can anyone tell me where else sells wheels rather than ebay and gumtree....

Cheers. Colin

GCA3N
4th March 2009, 07:27 AM
There are a lot of high street shops that are struggling and you can get some amazing deals. I got mine from a shop in ayr, he was selling them for 800, i told him that i could get them on ebay for 450 so he sold them to me for that (WITH tyres) The tyres are ok not the besy but, certainly not the worst, i know there is a good shop in great western road glasgow too.

The Dogfather
4th March 2009, 08:11 AM
I would recommend a call to Turriff Tyres, they'll ship to you as well.

Tyres are one of the most critical performance components. A recent wet braking test 60 - 0 in Auto Express showed that one car fitted with budget tyres was still doing 27mph when a car fitted with quality tyres had actually stopped.

Crombers
4th March 2009, 06:15 PM
Just down the road from you is Performance Tyres in Carmunnock. Give em a call & see what price you get.

I've used them for years :thumbs up:

colliz
5th March 2009, 01:40 AM
Cheers everyone for the info:thumbs up:. My daft wife told me tonight that see would like a bigger car:shut up: ye that will be right. She's going to get a shock:ragin: when I turn up with cooper s one day (hopefully)..... Its the other way about its a new wife I think ...the cheek of it....so whats the thoughts on this one then....

colliz
6th March 2009, 04:30 PM
thank you for all your responces got some nice 17" s but will need refurb but thats later,.............