PDA

View Full Version : Dubai hotel suggestions

AndyP & Lenore
2nd March 2009, 10:36 PM
Mrs P and I are thinking of a week break in Dubai in early May. There seems to be about a million hotels in Dubai these days. It seems to be the nearer the beach front you go the dearer it is.

Never been before, so has anyone got any suggestions for a good hotel?

A.:thumbs up:

japper
2nd March 2009, 11:21 PM
Mrs P and I are thinking of a week break in Dubai in early May. There seems to be about a million hotels in Dubai these days. It seems to be the nearer the beach front you go the dearer it is.

Dubai is getting very pricey, and there is still alot of building sites especially around beachfront and marina area. Best staying on Sheik Zaeid road sp? at a hotel called Towers Rotanna. Great rates and the best bar for miles ( Longs ) From their you can go anywhere you like as taxis are cheap.

Scottie
2nd March 2009, 11:30 PM
Oh what airlines fly to Dubai.?? are they safe check their safety record cause I would:blush:

AndyP & Lenore
3rd March 2009, 12:28 AM
Dubai is getting very pricey, and there is still alot of building sites especially around beachfront and marina area. Best staying on Sheik Zaeid road sp? at a hotel called Towers Rotanna. Great rates and the best bar for miles ( Longs ) From their you can go anywhere you like as taxis are cheap.

Cheers Japper, I'll check that hotel out.

A.

AndyP & Lenore
3rd March 2009, 12:29 AM
Oh what airlines fly to Dubai.?? are they safe check their safety record cause I would:blush:

Emirates & BA both go to Dubai. BA are fine, but not sure about Emirates. Will check them out though.:thumbs up:

A.:D

AndyP & Lenore
3rd March 2009, 12:34 AM

Looks safe enough to me: Emirates (http://www.airsafe.com/events/airlines/emirates.htm)

GCA3N
3rd March 2009, 07:29 AM
burj al arab is the best place, comes highly recommended by one of my work mates, but prices start at £900 a night:eek:...7 star though...:eek::thumbs up:

japper
3rd March 2009, 08:27 AM
burj al arab is the best place, comes highly recommended by one of my work mates, but prices start at £900 a night:eek:...7 star though...:eek::thumbs up:

You can get in for £50 though:smilewinkgrin:

And you can get this refunded against your bar bill................two drinks later you're broke.

Knox18
3rd March 2009, 10:21 AM

spent 6 days in Dubai in january,

anywhere is shiek zayed road is good,

towers rotana is nice although next door is four points by sheraton that is cheaper and in my opinion just as nice,

towers rotana "only" has a pool on the 6th floor, sheratons is on the 43rd haha! :thumbs up:

sheik zayed road is handy for taxi's they cost next to nothing!

but when i go back im going to stay at the Jumeriah beach hotel as its ace!

dont worry about not being near the beach, sheik zayed is like 5 - 20 mins in a taxi from most places,

go to wild wadi water park and ride flow rider wipeout :lol:

japper
3rd March 2009, 10:46 AM

I loved that place when i stayed in Dubai for a while.

Also try jeep safari in the desert dunes.............you think Schumacher is skillful in car control until you witness these guys control on a 45 degree 'moving' surface.

AndyP & Lenore
3rd March 2009, 11:05 AM

Erm.... naw. Thanks for the tip though. Once I've won the lottery maybe.

spent 6 days in Dubai in january,

anywhere is shiek zayed road is good,

towers rotana is nice although next door is four points by sheraton that is cheaper and in my opinion just as nice,

towers rotana "only" has a pool on the 6th floor, sheratons is on the 43rd haha! :thumbs up:

sheik zayed road is handy for taxi's they cost next to nothing!

but when i go back im going to stay at the Jumeriah beach hotel as its ace!

dont worry about not being near the beach, sheik zayed is like 5 - 20 mins in a taxi from most places,

Cheers Chris.:thumbs up:

A.

zimbo
3rd March 2009, 02:24 PM
Andy I think my cousin used to work for Emirates years ago and as far as I am aware they are brilliant :thumbs up: think I would prefer them to BA anyday...

I've over the past year or so thought about going on holiday to Dubai supposed to be amazing. You jammy buggers you'll have to give us all the details when you get back. :lol:

Knox18
3rd March 2009, 03:24 PM
forgot to say,

emirates is THEE best airline ive been on, its the cleanest most luxury "economy" ive been on,

every seat has access to 999 channels which are made up of different films, tv shows, music albums, they even have 6 x 1 hr long top gear episodes!!! tonnes of games that you can play against other passengers through link up :)

they have cameras mounted on the outside that you can watch on your personal screen

free drink and the food is decent for in the sky food :)

my flight home consisted of

take off, camera pointing down so i could see the scenery

quick vodka

2 episodes of top gear

fooood :thumbs up:

hanc0ck ( the film!!! ) :shut up::moonie:

some family guy episodes

then some friends episodes

then next minute the seat belt sign came on to land :)

back to the landing camera to try spot my house :lol:

AndyP & Lenore
3rd March 2009, 03:34 PM
Dubai ditched.:frown:

It's just too expensive for a second holiday. We're away to Florida for 10 days later this year and that's our main holiday, so that's where the cash has to go. Dubai was just gonna eat into that too much.

Don't get me wrong, I still fancy it, but I think we're gonna save it for a proper holiday in a year or so.

There's a huge development called Dubailand going on just now. It's eventually going to have a Universal Studio's, Warner Bros. Studio's, Six Flags and Dreamworks Animation Studios parks. I think the openings are staged over the next few years with the Universal park due to open in 2012.

And on one of the palm islands they are planning to put in a Seaworld, Busch Gardens, Aquatica & Discovery Cove. These plans have been put on hold for a year or so, but they still plan to put them in once the worlds credit crisis has stabilised.

So, I think Dubai may just become a massive tourist venue in the not too distant future.

For us for May, it's back to the drawing board.

A.

japper
3rd March 2009, 04:58 PM
Dubai ditched.:frown:

It's just too expensive for a second holiday. We're away to Florida for 10 days later this year and that's our main holiday, so that's where the cash has to go. Dubai was just gonna eat into that too much.

Don't get me wrong, I still fancy it, but I think we're gonna save it for a proper holiday in a year or so.

There's a huge development called Dubailand going on just now. It's eventually going to have a Universal Studio's, Warner Bros. Studio's, Six Flags and Dreamworks Animation Studios parks. I think the openings are staged over the next few years with the Universal park due to open in 2012.

And on one of the palm islands they are planning to put in a Seaworld, Busch Gardens, Aquatica & Discovery Cove. These plans have been put on hold for a year or so, but they still plan to put them in once the worlds credit crisis has stabilised.

So, I think Dubai may just become a massive tourist venue in the not too distant future.

For us for May, it's back to the drawing board.

A.

Sorry to hear, but yeah you're right it's getting silliy expensive to eat out while you're there too.

Dubailand is apparently the same size as Paris. Last time i was there the Burg Dubai tower was only 2/3rds up and it was still amazingly high.

They do everything largeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

If you visited the place 10 yrs ago and then now, you would swear you had landed in the wrong place.

sedgie
3rd March 2009, 05:46 PM
Gordon was in Dubai in feb...he flew with emirates said was a great flight but the food was crap:frown:..He stayed at Le Meridien hotel n said it was Fab:D