PDA

View Full Version : someone got a loan of 20k?

Knox18
2nd March 2009, 12:10 AM
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/911943.htm

i want :D

Craig
2nd March 2009, 08:25 AM
see, you just went home and starting looking again... :rolleyes: Nice motor, not sure its worth 20K tho.... ;)

Crombers
2nd March 2009, 04:20 PM
One very neat car, but ......... :laugh:............ £20K

ELFMAN
2nd March 2009, 06:12 PM
Top spec and nice motor - but £20K? Problem is, and not knocking it, you can chuck all the money in the world at it, and make it go like stink, but in the end it's still a 2005 COOPER S. Anything more I spend on my motor, I'm resigned to the fact that I'll only get a fraction of it back. The value's in the joy you get from driving a modified motor, but you won't get much joy when you come to sell it, whatever the spec.

Still - if you're buying, the £20K's probably still less than the build cost! You pays your money... Bet he sells it though - there's always somebody with the dosh, like Sir Fred Goodwin, or going by the pages of the latest 'Modern MINI', a 19 year old Trainee Quantity Surveyor student in his 'all the option boxes ticked' R56 S.... when I was a student in '82 I was livin' it up when I got my Mum's '78 Clubman Estate to drive, God I'm getting old.

I must admit, if I could afford to spend what 'the ultimate MINI' would cost, I'd probably have a new Porsche Cayman S in the driveway... I know, 'Traitor'!

MrMischief
2nd March 2009, 10:05 PM
It's a nice example, but the Elfman's right - it's still just a Mini. Good fun to drive, but there are better cars to drive out there for that money (and also for a lot less....Caterham, Lotus, Westfield, Radical etc)