PDA

View Full Version : New addition to the Nicol family

N12 JLK
1st March 2009, 09:50 AM
Here he is a wee Pup called Duke. Picked him up yesterday and we all love him already. Will post more of our own pics soon, but here is one from the Kennel Club he was advertised on.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/243110.jpg?t=1235898062

ianking
1st March 2009, 09:51 AM
Nice one.

Looks very similar to our Carra.

N12 JLK
1st March 2009, 09:55 AM
Will need to get them together one day for a wee play in the garden;)

Scottie
1st March 2009, 10:00 AM
Aww how cute. Bring him along one weekend and he can go for a walk with our gang at Plean our lot will show him the ropes.

BUT DUKE!!! he looks more like a Hector to me:smilewinkgrin:

N12 JLK
1st March 2009, 10:04 AM
Aww how cute. Bring him along one weekend and he can go for a walk with our gang at Plean our lot will show him the ropes.

BUT DUKE!!! he looks more like a Hector to me:smilewinkgrin:

He is called Duke because thats his pedigree name ( The Dashing Duke) and the breeders named him that. I liked Rolo but hey never mind.

Craig
1st March 2009, 10:20 AM
<not showing this to jude cos I know what happened the last time she saw baby photos, nevermind puppies> :thud::Whistle:

cracking looking wee dog. :thumbs up::thumbs up: I take it is is from the lab family?

Scottie
1st March 2009, 10:26 AM
He is called Duke because thats his pedigree name ( The Dashing Duke) and the breeders named him that. I liked Rolo but hey never mind.

how old is he?

N12 JLK
1st March 2009, 10:32 AM
Chocolate Lab and he is 9 weeks old. Been really good so far (touch wood). All pee pees and poo poos in the garden, aprart from the first poo when he went crazy running around looking at the window, then done a poo on the carpet!

AndyP & Lenore
1st March 2009, 11:00 AM
He's a cutie. I bet Kerr is smitten with him.:D

BTW, moving this to the Off Topic forum.:Whistle::thumbs up:

A.:D

N12 JLK
1st March 2009, 11:03 AM
He's a cutie. I bet Kerr is smitten with him.:D

BTW, moving this to the Off Topic forum.:Whistle::thumbs up:

Thanks Andy.

Lesley

Bumble
1st March 2009, 12:34 PM
Aw he's so cute!

sedgie
1st March 2009, 08:51 PM
awww he is dead bonnie:D...i get my new black lab puppy in 2-3 weeks....puppy pads on the ready!:laugh::laugh:

Crombers
1st March 2009, 08:52 PM
Handsome chap :yes nod:

Has he been in the MINI yet? :eek:

Are you getting a MINI dog guard :rolleyes:

Gismo
1st March 2009, 09:26 PM
Me Julie says, Ah Sweet :D

audrey
1st March 2009, 11:43 PM
Cute pup looks like he'll keep you busy :yes nod:

Fairy
2nd March 2009, 11:09 AM
Awwwwww!! Duke is so cute!
Looks very similar to my chocolate lab, Mylo, be warned though - chocolates are as thick as mince! lol :thud:

Burple
2nd March 2009, 11:28 AM
Top pup guys!! He's seriously cute. Looks like a right cheeky one too! :thumbs up::thumbs up::D:D

dellie
2nd March 2009, 01:55 PM
Awwww he is sooo sweet.

I would love to have another dog, flat is just too small :-(

N12 JLK
2nd March 2009, 03:18 PM
Handsome chap :yes nod:

Has he been in the MINI yet? :eek:

Are you getting a MINI dog guard :rolleyes:

yes he's been in the mini, picked him up in it at Killin and its boggin now.

Smurf
2nd March 2009, 03:51 PM
GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin:

Hope to see lots more photos as he grows up, and gets into EVERYTHING.. ;)

Scottie
2nd March 2009, 04:32 PM
yes he's been in the mini, picked him up in it at Killin and its boggin now.

You need a dog bag. Check out the roof box or doghaus websites

Crombers
2nd March 2009, 04:49 PM
You need a dog bag

They'll be needing mucho plenty of them :yes nod:

N12 JLK
2nd March 2009, 11:19 PM
You need a dog bag. Check out the roof box or doghaus websites

Liking the look of the dog bag. Jason's sis keeps saying he should be in a cage when we are out, but I just can't bring myself to put him in it. Seems a bit less cruel than a cage.

Scottie
2nd March 2009, 11:26 PM
Liking the look of the dog bag. Jason's sis keeps saying he should be in a cage when we are out, but I just can't bring myself to put him in it. Seems a bit less cruel than a cage.

our dogs have been in both at the moment they are using the pet tube.:eek::eek:

Our dogs no like any of them:frown: but we do :D keeps the interior of the car in tip top condition and no nose marks on the window:thumbs up:. James our collie just loved leaning on the cage type to annoy us:hand: all we could here was creak. creak and more creak on any trip so we had to change tack.

If you get Duke in the dog bag early on he will not mind as the older he gets he will be used to it. Might seen pricey but if you consider the damage a dog can do to the interior of the car well worth the ££. We buy from doghaus really quick delivery and made of good stuff.

N12 JLK
2nd March 2009, 11:33 PM
Do you put them in the bag in the house when you are out?

Scottie
3rd March 2009, 12:30 AM
Do you put them in the bag in the house when you are out?

No I don't not something I would do, however I have a few friends that do need to be a good size decent cage, I can't say anything against the idea as the dogs seem happy enough just down to you and your dog I guess.

What you feeding him on?

sedgie
3rd March 2009, 05:52 PM
I would defo recomend a cage for when you are out...i have used one with my last lab as the first one ate the house!:frown: and the new pup will be going in one when i get him:D

N12 JLK
3rd March 2009, 09:50 PM
Fi, he is getting Beta puppy food.

When you getting your new pup Sedgie? The kitchen is covered in the no bite spray and someone has told me that cheap deodorant works just as well. Think we will stick with that for now!!

ianking
3rd March 2009, 10:12 PM
Carra goes in the back of the van when out or in the boot of the CRV which has a Honda plastic load flor fitted and a Honda dog guard to try and keep the car a bit cleaner. She just lies down and sits still as she was put in the car from day 1 to get her used to it.

She has a large cage in the kitchen that she lies in during the day, its full of blankets. She must like it as she toddles off to it for a lie down regularly when we are at home as apposed to lying on the floor.

Scottie
3rd March 2009, 11:19 PM
Fi, he is getting Beta puppy food.

When you getting your new pup Sedgie? The kitchen is covered in the no bite spray and someone has told me that cheap deodorant works just as well. Think we will stick with that for now!!

Just make sure he can't get in to your bottom cupboards and stuff and check that you have nothing with sultanas or raisins kept in these cupboards just general things like that which can kill a dog:eek: I know sounds extreme but you got to be careful I know of a couple of dogs that managed to get at fruit loaf cake:frown::frown:

get him a couple of these.

http://www.nylabone.com/products/non-edible/durable-chews/chicken-flavor-bone.htm

Molly had these since she was a young pup and her teeth are amazing and they meet her chewing needs 100% although she wasn't that a bad chewer but she did make light work on the legs of a couple of our kitchen chairs when we were up north.

AndyP & Lenore
3rd March 2009, 11:23 PM
Fi is spot on with the nylabone rec. Avoid the rawhide stuff. They can chew that down to a slobbery smaller slab of hide, and if they try and swallow it, it can get stuck and they can choke on it. Heard of that in a few dogs.:frown:

But no matter what toy's you buy him there's no doubt with a young Lab in the house, you're dining room table is gonna end up 2" shorter than it was last year.:lol:

Scottie
3rd March 2009, 11:31 PM
wait until it starts drooling, scrapes it's bum along the carpet, stinking farts, puke, picking up the poo from the lawn, Aww but it looks at you with those puppy dog eyes and do we mind not one dam bit.:thumbs up:

One thing you have to learn pretty dam quickly no out fit is complete without a dog hair.:bigwave:

AndyP & Lenore
4th March 2009, 12:36 AM
And comes in from rolling about in the garden and the rain, then shakes himself spattering mud/sh!t/grass/dirty water etc., etc up all the kitchen units and all over the (usually) freshly mopped floor.

N12 JLK
4th March 2009, 07:39 PM
Magic!!

sedgie
4th March 2009, 08:16 PM
we get oor new lab pup "william" in aboot two weeks.....now making hoose puppy proof again!:thumbs up:

N12 JLK
4th March 2009, 08:35 PM
Do you want ours

AndyP & Lenore
4th March 2009, 08:37 PM
Do you want ours

House? Or Puppy?

sedgie
4th March 2009, 08:39 PM
awww....gee yer wee boy a couple o months n yi'll no be withoot him;):lol:

N12 JLK
4th March 2009, 09:35 PM
Your right sedgie!, just like when kerr was born your life changed and it was a huge learning curve but you got into a routine and learned. Hope to take him on a mini run when he is older. Think my next company car will be an estate.

sedgie
4th March 2009, 09:43 PM
Ach u dinnae need an estate..i took my last dug...Douglas..n he was a BIG black lab in my mini all the time...i just got a "seat" belt for him n he was happy sitting in the front with me!:thumbs up:...hubby didnae bother aboot him in the car either n he has leather seats in his;)..jist pit the windae doon n let him pit is heid oot he will sit there n be happy!:D:D:D

N12 JLK
4th March 2009, 10:03 PM
Like that new ford jeep thingy