PDA

View Full Version : 'The Italian Job' - a query

mgemie
21st April 2004, 11:50 PM
In the new Italian Job film what alloys do the MCSs + MCs have fitted? First time i watched the film i decided that i WILL have those wheels - i just love the multispoke design...

anyone got a set for sale?? lol :D:)

Wul
21st April 2004, 11:52 PM
marc - they are R90's cross spoke composite wheels - available from your friendly dealer for the knock down price of £1,750 excluding tyres! :eek:

Burple
21st April 2004, 11:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by mgemie

In the new Italian Job film what alloys do the MCSs + MCs have fitted? First time i watched the film i decided that i WILL have those wheels - i just love the multispoke design...

anyone got a set for sale?? lol :D:)

Ahhh... the infamous and decidedly pricey BMW R90s.....
yum..... very nice... but there's nicer ones out there for less dosh!! ;)

p.s... anyone else noticed in some of the stills for the film that one of the cars seems to be on 16s and the other two on 17s?? ;)
or am I being a total geek?? - Ok.. don't answer that :p

mgemie
21st April 2004, 11:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

marc - they are R90's cross spoke composite wheels - available from your friendly dealer for the knock down price of £1,750 excluding tyres! :eek:

ouch :blackeye::eek: - i must have expensive taste! (i drive a MINI dont I!! but then i also have a computer worth £8grand:cool:...lol)

mgemie
21st April 2004, 11:56 PM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1
Ahhh... the infamous and decidedly pricey BMW R90s.....
yum..... very nice... but there's nicer ones out there for less dosh!! ;)

p.s... anyone else noticed in some of the stills for the film that one of the cars seems to be on 16s and the other two on 17s?? ;)
or am I being a total geek?? - Ok.. don't answer that :p

I didnt notice that but everytime i watch it i get the nagging feeling that one of the MCs changes to a MCS in some shots....probably just me being silly!

mgemie
22nd April 2004, 12:04 AM
Is there a cheaper nonMINI alternative to the R90 cross spokes? Any recommendations on alloys of same design?

Wul
22nd April 2004, 12:12 AM
quote:Originally posted by mgemie

ouch :blackeye::eek: - i must have expensive taste! (i drive a MINI dont I!! but then i also have a computer worth £8grand:cool:...lol)

Surely that's HAD a computer worth £8k - probably worth 50p and a ripped beano now the way PC's depreciate! :p:p:evil:;)

mgemie
22nd April 2004, 12:15 AM
Surely that's HAD a computer worth £8k - probably worth 50p and a ripped beano now the way PC's depreciate! :p:p:evil:;)

:D;) lol - i was offered a cheque for £1.50, a mint edition copy of the Dandy and the pocket-squashed remains of a pack of spearmint chewing gum! :p;) I was tempted...

Willie M
22nd April 2004, 03:30 PM

available from your friendly dealer for the knock down price of £1,750 excluding tyres! :eek:
Depends on your dealer I suppose. I recently got a better price than this, including tyres ;)

AberdeenMini
22nd April 2004, 06:48 PM
A much cheaper alternative are BK299, i too wanted the R90 wheels but wasn't paying nearly 2 grand! The BK 299 are pretty much identical and only cost about £650 for a set of 17's and tyres.