PDA

View Full Version : Bird S**t

camjay
24th February 2009, 10:14 PM
Any tips for getting dried in bird **** off without damaging my paintwork! The guy up the road from me has pigeons and I'm sick to death of the little buggers crapping all over my car. I've learned my lesson from before - scratched my last car trying to get it off! Apart from taking pot shots at the little buggers, any tips?? TA

Scottie
24th February 2009, 10:19 PM
Hot water is your friend.

Is it a recent poo??

ianking
24th February 2009, 10:23 PM
yeah a rather hot water soked cloth and fold it up and lay it on the poop for a couple mins if its dried on. Then turn over cloth and wipe it off. I have seen bird poops etch into a paint surface within just 24 hours.

camjay
24th February 2009, 10:24 PM
Hiya. Yes I think its fairly recent, Its on my roof but stangely enough I didn't spot it until today, and my roof's black!! It had dried in though and very thick!! Sorry - way too much information. Yuck!

camjay
24th February 2009, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the tips. :thumbs up: As I said, this happened to me before. I couldn't believe the damage it caused the last time, so I didn't want to go in there gung ho and wreck my paintwork. I try to keep my car in the garage most of the time, but there's no escaping these little bleeders!

Crombers
26th February 2009, 03:57 PM
yeah a rather hot water soked cloth and fold it up and lay it on the poop for a couple mins if its dried on. Then turn over cloth and wipe it off. I have seen bird poops etch into a paint surface within just 24 hours.

To true Ian. I once had a new 1996 Corsa & lived in a town 'overrun' with seagulls. One day I spotted a 'splat' on the bonnet & (sorry folks :blush:) forgot to attend to the stuff for a day or so. From that day onwards at certain angles/light you could still see the outline of crap :moonie: