PDA

View Full Version : Folk with Non Runflat Tyres & No Spare Wheel

AberdeenMini
21st April 2004, 08:14 PM
What do you do in the event of a puncture? I've heard people talk about Mobility kits but I dont know what i'm gona do if i get a puncture on the motorway so what have you guys done?

Cheers.

Wul
21st April 2004, 08:34 PM
Find your local installer of this stuff www.tyresafe.com and for £20(for all 4) it will seal all your puntures up to 6mm for the life of the tyre - i've had it in mines for 2 years now with no probs (admittedly I have runflats) but it works just as well on standard tyres.

Or you can get the mobility kit from www.newminisports.co.uk or got to halfrauds and buy a can of tyre weld!

GAJ
21st April 2004, 09:09 PM
I've got tyre weld in the boot and my fingers crossed!
Worst case scenario is a call to MINI assist or whatever it is called!

Julz
21st April 2004, 10:29 PM
I have tyre weld too, re-inflates the tyre, fills the hole and enables you to trundle home or to your nearest rip-off tyre centre!!:clown:

Duncan Stewart
22nd April 2004, 12:17 AM
I tried the BMW supplied tyre weld and pump when I got a puncture but It did not seal the hole so I had to drive home on it (2 miles). I've now got a tube of tyre weld but not had to use it. I do tend to carry around a spare wheel on the back seat now if going any distance as the tyre weld is just a "get you home" solution and if I'm out doing something and get a puncture I want to be able to change the wheel and simple carry on.

AberdeenMini
22nd April 2004, 06:51 PM
Cheers guys ;) i'm off to Halfords to buy some tyre weld then!

Gismo
22nd April 2004, 07:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by AberdeenMini

I'm sure i've got a tin of that in my garage, i had that initially and then opted for the mobility kit.
You can have it if you want it, could maybe meet you in Aberdeen soon :)

AberdeenMini
22nd April 2004, 07:58 PM
Ok mate, that would be great! I'm not planning on any long distance driving in the near future so i hopefully should be safe, just let me know, thanks :)

quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

I'm sure i've got a tin of that in my garage, i had that initially and then opted for the mobility kit.

Gismo
22nd April 2004, 09:51 PM
I should be back to work on Monday next week, will post back when my car is sorted

AberdeenMini
23rd April 2004, 08:45 PM
Cheers min ;)

bpirie1000
27th April 2004, 03:57 PM
that stuff is alright But anyone else found if you put it in the tyres it takes a bit of getting used to .. If you have not driven the car for a while the Magical substance all sits at the bottom of the wheel in a huge puddle. and makes driving interesting???

Maybe just me.

Cheers Brian

Gismo
27th April 2004, 04:33 PM
Am in Aberdeen all this week, wanna arrange an exchange ;)
Best get Willie da pimp machine involved for the dodgy deal :evil:

Willie M
27th April 2004, 06:58 PM
Always happy to do a deal :cool:

ny152
28th April 2004, 09:33 PM
I had an "incident" in the MINI a little while ago and when the guy from mini assist came out we got talking about the mobility system. He said that they tell people if they get a flat tyre dont even bother trying to sort it yourself, but call them to come and lift you!

Suppose it keeps them in a job but has anyone had experience of this?

AberdeenMini
29th April 2004, 06:51 PM
Hi there, am I still getting this?

Gismo
29th April 2004, 09:58 PM

Hi there, am I still getting this?

Am in Aberdeen all this week, wanna arrange an exchange
Best get Willie da pimp machine involved for the dodgy deal

Err, yes, i'm next in aberdeen next wednesday

Duncan Stewart
29th April 2004, 10:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by Goldmini

when the guy from mini assist came out we got talking about the mobility system. He said that they tell people if they get a flat tyre dont even bother trying to sort it yourself, but call them to come and lift you!

This seems total ridiculous :dead: When I am out in my car doing something and I get a puncture I want to simply change it and carry on. I'm often dozens or hundreds of miles from the nearest mini dealer and usually at weekends when dealers & tyre centres are shut anyway! Not having a spare wheel in the current mini is it's major design failure (in my opinion):eek: