PDA

View Full Version : hope none of our oil rig boys

Scottie
18th February 2009, 11:33 PM
were on that helicopter. yikes:eek::eek: all walking wounded but still

Gismo
18th February 2009, 11:52 PM
Report here

Helicopter Crash (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/7898093.stm)

AndyP & Lenore
18th February 2009, 11:54 PM
Was thinking the same thing Fi.:sad:

A.

Scottie
18th February 2009, 11:55 PM
I know you guys well trained for that kind stuff but OMG it must have been awful.

euan
19th February 2009, 09:39 AM
Scary stuff indeed. You can see my folks house on the TV coverage at ARI and it just reminds me of Piper - worst nightmare.

Big Gordy
19th February 2009, 09:56 AM
Well Ross has just reported in saying he's OK (we knew that anyway as he 's on a different rigg) He says they were luck tho as last night the sea was pretty calm:eek: If it had been the night before they would have been surfing:rolleyes: All exciting stuff tho:D

GCA3N
19th February 2009, 06:58 PM
Ye that was not cool, had half my family phone us last night, I don't go back offshore till next week, the wife is a nervous reck. This is the first time this has happened since I have been offshore so the reality prob won't set in till next week. :sad:

john
19th February 2009, 10:27 PM
Currently on a BP job and will wopefully be heading home at the weekend on a BOND chopper:eek:

these things happen, just like contact in the mini racing :frown:

Aberdeen Al
19th February 2009, 11:00 PM
I also had a few phonecalls last night as I was on a chopper over the North Sea when the incident happened........thankfully I wasn't on that one and thankfully no one lost their life - I felt physically sick when I got home!