PDA

View Full Version : runflat tyre insurance

marc_v33
17th February 2009, 08:35 PM
is there such a thing? and if there is any ideas of cost for it?
cheers marc

Gismo
17th February 2009, 08:38 PM
is there such a thing? and if there is any ideas of cost for it?
cheers marcContact JC's in Dundee :thumbs up: ask for Ryan

gauldrymini
18th February 2009, 01:35 PM
Insurance on run flats may be a good think...just paid out over £185:thud: for a replacement tyre on my JCW that seemed to have an attraction to rusty nail!:ragin:

A.

euan
18th February 2009, 01:48 PM
I have it on the 3 series, it came with it when I got the car so didn't pay for it, but have used it when I got a puncture and they paid out no problem. I had the tyre replaced at the dealer and they paid up quickly with no excess.

N12 JLK
18th February 2009, 11:23 PM
Got offered it on our Cooper S, I think it cost about £180. Decided not to bother and 400 miles later got a screw stuck in it:argh:

euan
19th February 2009, 09:36 AM
How long was that cover for?

I think at 180 it's expensive, in 15 years driving I've only ever had two cases where I'd have needed it, so I won't bother on the next car unless I get it for free again!

Gismo
19th February 2009, 10:40 AM
How long was that cover for?

I think at 180 it's expensive, in 15 years driving I've only ever had two cases where I'd have needed it, so I won't bother on the next car unless I get it for free again!Do you have life insurance?

euan
19th February 2009, 12:13 PM
Do you have life insurance?

That's a slightly unfair question, as I know where your going with it! :hand:

There was a long debate before on this subject, it's horses for courses if you think it offers value. Personally I don't, but I wouldn't discourage anyone if they can get a good deal and want the re-assurance that the tyre can be replaced for free. There are limitations with it though, you can only claim a certain number of tyres over the life of the deal etc, and you need to be content that it's the right thing for you.

As I said, I was impressed by it when I used it, and i wouldn't say not to get it, just to understand what it actually covers and if it's value. For me, I'd rather stick the cost of a tyre or two in a savings account (under the bed in a biscuit box at the moment I think!) for when it does happen.

Gismo
19th February 2009, 12:17 PM
That's a slightly unfair question, as I know where your going with it! :hand:

There was a long debate before on this subject, it's horses for courses if you think it offers value. Personally I don't, but I wouldn't discourage anyone if they can get a good deal and want the re-assurance that the tyre can be replaced for free. There are limitations with it though, you can only claim a certain number of tyres over the life of the deal etc, and you need to be content that it's the right thing for you.

As I said, I was impressed by it when I used it, and i wouldn't say not to get it, just to understand what it actually covers and if it's value. For me, I'd rather stick the cost of a tyre or two in a savings account (under the bed in a biscuit box at the moment I think!) for when it does happen.:Whistle: :D

euan
19th February 2009, 01:06 PM
:Whistle: :D

Stirring today are we :D:D:D