PDA

View Full Version : I hate

N12 JLK
16th February 2009, 09:49 PM
Fifth Gear, why put a convertible Mini up against the new Alfa which isn't a convertible, no wonder it handled better. They always seem to put Mini's up against cars that in my view aren't fair, they did it with the Sirocco. Bloody cant stand Tiff and what about Chewbacca with the goaty beard in the studio, and don't start me on Vicky Butler.

Tom Chewbacca Ford resting in between takes test driving the new Ford Sierra.
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/chewbacca.jpg?t=1234817558http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/tom_ford.jpg?t=1234817936

Top Gear all the way:thumbs up:

Craig
16th February 2009, 09:54 PM
plus the mini was an auto... :rolleyes:

N12 JLK
16th February 2009, 10:03 PM

Bloody hell, didnt notice as me and les had the swear box going during it.

ianking
16th February 2009, 10:06 PM
Ive stopped watching it now as it just does my nut in.

illegalhunter
16th February 2009, 10:46 PM
I test drove the mito on Sunday its a great car. Very tempted, but there is a 1.8 turbo 230bhp in the summer

N12 JLK
16th February 2009, 10:49 PM
it is a nice car

MartinSullivan
16th February 2009, 10:56 PM
.....and what about Chewbacca with the goaty beard in the studio. Don't start me on Vicky Butler.

Took me a minute to realise you werent talking about Vicki :D

Scottie
16th February 2009, 10:56 PM
manure:blush::blush: I'll get my coat.:thud:

AndyP & Lenore
17th February 2009, 12:20 AM

Nuttin wrong with an auto MINI.:hand: But I didn't see the show and don't know what they were comparing it against.:shut up:

A.:D

Craig
17th February 2009, 07:28 AM
Nuttin wrong with an auto MINI.:hand: But I didn't see the show and don't know what they were comparing it against.:shut up:

A.:D

I know that...:rolleyes: but the situation they had the car in, it would have been better being a manual, oh aye and not a convertible, oh aye and not having about 30bhp less... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The Dogfather
17th February 2009, 07:41 AM
The guys have it in for MINI.

If you're serious about spending a lot of time at the side of the road you might want want to wait for the new 147 out in summer. It got a front end which unlike the Mito doesn't look like an 8C that's been melted and squashed.

My impression of the Mito wasn't great, they seem to have bought all their plastics from the same crappy plastic supplier that honda use for the Civic. Oh, that's not a dig I own a Civic.

Mini Ecosse
17th February 2009, 10:12 AM
Ive stopped watching it now as it just does my nut in.

Ditto

Burple
17th February 2009, 11:04 AM
Never mind all that p!sh.. The Stag????? REALLY???

Someone on the production team actually thought that was funny? :frown:
Glad I got distracted halfway through it! ha ha

Stewart
17th February 2009, 11:35 AM
You always feel they have decided what spin they are putting on the new car no matter what…they probably found out the Cooper was faster and had to get a positive spin some how. I don’t mind the big Guy it’s that other guy (Tim Shaw) the one that thinks he’s cool….. “ think he thinks he’s there for the ladies” Best guy on it is Jonny, down to earth and you might actually get some info from him…

zimbo
17th February 2009, 12:38 PM
Glad I got distracted halfway through it! ha ha

Oh aye... ;)

I didn't see this episode as I was killing people on COD4 with a few other members on here. But from the previews I saw was the new Alfa not up against an R50/53 and not an up to date R56? Besides you would'nt want an Alfa anyway, you'd need AA/RAC membership so they can come and sort it out everytime it breaks down... :rolleyes: (but it doesn't look that bad for an Alfa, but thats all)