PDA

View Full Version : Web Site Revamp

Gismo
16th February 2009, 04:00 PM
I've been busy in the background and have revamped the NMS web site :thumbs up:
I'm by no means a web site builder :frown: and the graphic artists out there may have a chuckle to themselves :blush:

I've had to balance between getting a professional job done (very expensive) and having something that's functional and easily worked on to my standard (cheaper)

However, i'd appreciate any feedback on any broken links or something that's just not right etc.

I'm busy working on the gallery section, it's a huge task in itself and i also want to clean up file structure on the server, so, again, there may be links from the forums that may cease to work.

Thanks for your patience

bazzaric
16th February 2009, 08:43 PM
Any help you need buddy, just drop me a PM. Been a while since I did vBulletin, mostly the poor man's version (PHPbb), but i'm sure I will be able to help where required

Gismo
16th February 2009, 08:53 PM
Any help you need buddy, just drop me a PM. Been a while since I did vBulletin, mostly the poor man's version (PHPbb), but i'm sure I will be able to help where requiredThe forums are run in php and are all ok, the website is where all the changes have been made

New Mini Scotland (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk)

Gismo
17th February 2009, 10:48 AM
If anyone has anything they may consider appropriate for the News page then please e-mail it to me at info@newminiscotland.co.uk and i'll add it to the site :yes nod:

Gismo
17th February 2009, 11:54 AM
Also, i'm updating the gallery section, i intend to host all the pictures taken on the runs for folks to be able to see from the gallery section.
I can download from the forums, or, if folks want to send me their images on a CD that's even better
Contact me for the mailing address, i'll even pay the postage and supply a CD :yes nod:

So, if anyone took pictures from the karting event, let me have them and i'll get them hosted up

Bazthemod
17th February 2009, 12:06 PM
I'm just going to be really honest and don't want this to sound arsey as the site needed a refresh but... :p

Any chance the background could be black? Would just look more consistent with the forum. :Whistle:

The Banner at top has pixelated as the file size/resolution has been reduced too much.

The buttons are a bit windows 98 esq... you can get free buttons on the web that could look better if you don't know how to make your own.

Just my opinion... typical media student lol sorry :blush:

Gismo
17th February 2009, 12:47 PM
All opinions are welcomed, this is my first attempt at building a web site and it shows :blush:
For now the white background will stay until i've built up enough experience.
The programme i'm using does not like showing fonts on dark backgrounds, the text is almost impossible to read, but, that's not to say it won't change later.

Bazthemod
17th February 2009, 01:19 PM
Are you using dreamweaver? If not i would recommend it... makes things much easier and you can personalise to your hearts content. :cool:

Gismo
17th February 2009, 01:29 PM
Are you using dreamweaver? No, it's only $400 :eek:

Smitty
17th February 2009, 09:51 PM
No, it's only $400 :eek:

Cough...www.isohunt.com..Cough (http://www.isohunt.com..Cough). Not that i would promote or every partake in piracy...:Whistle:

I would agree with Baz - Dreamweaver makes creating very slick looking sites very simple! :thumbs up:

But either way, good work with the update - and your web coding skills will only advance over time.

GCA3N
17th February 2009, 10:46 PM
Web site looks great, you have done a very nice job, too be honest I think it looks quite slick nice one. Have a suggestion though will PM you

Gismo
17th February 2009, 10:53 PM
Web site looks great, you have done a very nice job, too be honest I think it looks quite slick nice one. Have a suggestion though will PM youThank you :D and have replied ;)

Gismo
19th February 2009, 12:00 AM
Can folks see all the pictures in the galleries?
On some i see a red square but clicking on the thumbnail i can see the picture, just wondering if it's my PC

Still a lot of work to get all the pictures uploaded from all the other runs

AndyP & Lenore
19th February 2009, 12:13 AM
Alan, today there's only a couple of images not showing thumbnails, but yesterday there was loads.

The layout of the gallery index maybe needs tweaking though.

A.

Gismo
19th February 2009, 12:48 AM
Alan, today there's only a couple of images not showing thumbnails, but yesterday there was loads.

The layout of the gallery index maybe needs tweaking though.

A.Sussed it, all fixed :Whistle:

AndyP & Lenore
19th February 2009, 12:59 AM
Sussed it, all fixed :Whistle:

Nope.:sad:

U got messenger on just now?

Gismo
19th February 2009, 01:15 AM
Nope.:sad:

U got messenger on just now?It is fixed, try refreshing your browser, or clear your cache, i tried MSN, but, you aint on :Whistle:

mini saltire
23rd February 2009, 03:23 PM
:thumbs up:New site looks great Alan!