PDA

View Full Version : Wheelarch Trim

moraymini
16th February 2009, 12:43 PM
Hello Guys, Anyone had problem with wheelarch trim coming loose? Passenger side trim loose yesterday when I washed it.

Rob

AndyP & Lenore
16th February 2009, 01:15 PM
I think this was a fairly common problem with the second gen new MINI. Although ours have never come off, I have heard of others coming off when going through big puddles etc.

Does it not just clip back on? Or are there broken clips?

A.

Craig
16th February 2009, 05:35 PM
Duncan S has had this a few times, not sure how he fixed it tho... maybe best send him a PM... :yes nod:

moraymini
16th February 2009, 05:52 PM
TY Guys

Duncan Stewart
19th February 2009, 10:18 PM
Had the bottom several clips on the front passenger side break several times now.
Not found a solution (had to replace 2 again 10 days ago) but think the wheel arch liner may not be sitting right causing it to put pressure on the arch going through puddles. I pushed the arch liner around a bit to try and get it off the plastic arch and so far so good

Mini MoJo
20th February 2009, 01:43 PM
This has happened to us too, a few of the passenger clips have broken and the arch lining had dropped a wee bit, can you buy these clips anywhere or does it need to be from BMW?

Craig
20th February 2009, 02:07 PM
This has happened to us too, a few of the passenger clips have broken and the arch lining had dropped a wee bit, can you buy these clips anywhere or does it need to be from BMW?

I think BMW/MINI is your best bet as they are buttons. Give David at John Clarks a call and he can just post them to you. :thumbs up:

Forbes
20th February 2009, 02:10 PM
They are really cheap anyway, you could possibly save pennies. But David gives a really good service & discount

S7JGW
23rd February 2009, 03:26 PM
I had one on my last Cooper that was slack, it eventually parted company with the car goin thru a big puddle and never seen it again.