PDA

View Full Version : A bit of a Manky Thrash (on my own)

Fester
15th February 2009, 09:24 PM
I HATE THIS WEATHER, my non paying customers forced me into a wee bit of a run on Monday, fantastic sunny weather ice and snow covered roads beautful mountain scenes. Unfortunatley it was not over the Alps or some other continental mountain range.

Forfar to Perth up the A9 to Inverness continuing up to the minus 18 temperature in Dingwall, back to Inverness over to Forres, Nairn, Lossiemouth to Elgin - down to Huntly to Inverrurie Aberdeen and then back to Forfar phew 11 hours and 345miles and this was the state of the car in the morning. Those of you who have seen my car will know that it never ever looks dirty

Oh and by the way I dont think the mud flaps helped in any way at all:eek:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/stevedear/Image005.jpg

the wax obviously helps the streaking effect
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/stevedear/Image006.jpg

Useless mudflaps and rear wiper!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/stevedear/Image008.jpg

Gismo
15th February 2009, 09:41 PM
Good on ya :thumbs up:
Mon the Mank

MrMischief
15th February 2009, 10:16 PM
Good on ya :thumbs up:
Mon the Mank

Predictable response, but your car was cleaner than mine today :hand:

Fester, looks like you need to adjust the aim on the rear wiper nozzle to get a better swipe.

stoney
15th February 2009, 10:21 PM
thats not mank thats only a little bit dirty :Whistle::lol:

Craig
15th February 2009, 10:36 PM
clean is king. :yes nod::yes nod::yes nod:

you manky beggars need to give yourself a shake... :laugh::laugh:

Fester
15th February 2009, 10:44 PM
Fester, looks like you need to adjust the aim on the rear wiper nozzle to get a better swipe.

Nope needed a new arm the spring that keeps the tension had corroded, arm changed today and now wipes like it should

GCA3N
15th February 2009, 10:46 PM
Here here, clean always wins, I actually started to sweat when i saw that pic, thats dirty real dirty:eek:

Fester
15th February 2009, 10:46 PM
clean is king. :yes nod::yes nod::yes nod:

you manky beggars need to give yourself a shake... :laugh::laugh:

Here here there is no excuse for a dirty car enough wax protection and eventually the dirt just slides off, just not this week :ragin:

Fester
15th February 2009, 10:50 PM
thats not mank thats only a little bit dirty :Whistle::lol:

Now that picture just upsets me that would be my worst nightmare, if it wasnt for the freezing temperatures and the large snow banks evveryplace I stopped the car would have been washed at every town!!!!

And no I am not OCD................................ well maybe just a little:lol:

GCA3N
15th February 2009, 10:50 PM
How many coats do you think you would need. I gave up on the waxing (use a wash and wax solution instead) I think I may be guilty of washing it too much. Here is a question when would it be considered to wash your car too often?....i'll reserve my answer until I feel less of a freak:eek:

Gismo
15th February 2009, 11:19 PM
thats not mank thats only a little bit dirty :Whistle::lol:I'm impressed, nice job :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
16th February 2009, 01:19 AM
Down with mank.

I feel for you Fester, hate the MINI's getting all sh!ttied up like this. I even gave our MINI a blast at Craig's house before the trip back down from the karting today. Couldn't stand the disgrace of mank. What if someone saw us that new us. The shame of it.:blush:

A.:D

Scottie
16th February 2009, 09:01 AM
I don't mind seeing a car all manky as long as it is fresh dirt with decent protection underneath. :thumbs up:

Can't beat the pleasure of washing the car down and with a QD it's back to looking good.

Fester
16th February 2009, 09:42 PM
How many coats do you think you would need. I gave up on the waxing (use a wash and wax solution instead) I think I may be guilty of washing it too much. Here is a question when would it be considered to wash your car too often?....i'll reserve my answer until I feel less of a freak:eek:

Can it ever be considered wrong to wash your car regardless of how many times. Mine is washed twice a week and waxed at least twice a month. Only had this one 6 months so has not had the summer treatment of polished and waxed every week. Yes I know this is overkill and the experts will say it is all wrong but when I got rid of my Audi Cabriolet the garage suggested that I had machine polished it before I traded it in!!!!! Managed to get it to the level of struggling to get the soapy water to stick to it when washing.

So feel free to suitably embarass yourselves with your washing, polishing and waxing regime

Stephen