PDA

View Full Version : Hello

roysterdsb
14th February 2009, 10:20 PM
Hello NMS members :D

I'm on my 3rd Mini now ,had a not very standard '79 Custom Orange Mini as my very 1st car, great fun, my second mini was an R53 bought in Dec '02 which was very standard in Dark Silver and black. My current Mini is a not very Standard Black R53 (facelift) bought in May '08.

I've not had a very nosey round the site yet, but will do once i've finished writing this...

My main Mini interests are performance mods, but also keen on the social side... particularly if its a meet at Knockhill :D

I'm a Dundonian who has been living in exile in Edinburgh for over 10 years now, but you can never take the Dundee out of the boy ;)

Cheers
Royster

Gismo
14th February 2009, 10:23 PM
:welcome:
Just had a look at your mod list, very impressive :thumbs up:

MrMischief
14th February 2009, 10:54 PM

I almost did the same, the wife worked just south of Edinburgh so we bought a house in Rosyth, was nice but both commuter routes were too long so now she works in Dundee too & we moved back.

Sounds like your interests are pretty similar to the rest of ours :thumbs up:

Lets see some pics of your S :popcorn:

Steve

Craig
14th February 2009, 11:11 PM

sounds like you will fit right in... :thumbs up:

bazzaric
14th February 2009, 11:49 PM
I'm a relative noooby here, but welcome all the same!

audrey
15th February 2009, 12:14 AM
Hi :bigwave:

AndyP & Lenore
15th February 2009, 01:29 AM

Forbes
15th February 2009, 01:32 AM
Welcome

Smitty
15th February 2009, 09:52 AM
Welcome aboard :thumbs up:

Mini Ecosse
15th February 2009, 09:56 AM
:welcome: :bigwave:

Bumble
15th February 2009, 11:14 AM
Welcome to NMS - Big Bumble Wave !

roysterdsb
15th February 2009, 12:45 PM
Just had a look at your mod list, very impressive :thumbs up:

Thanks, its a bit of a jumble sale bunch.... & i've not gone down the proven route of putting mods together that have been shown to work (mainly because i'm too impulsive & I blame Aberdeen Al for forcing me to buy the Head, Cam & Injectors :D)

The car is struggling a bit on the standard Map (even with an AFPR set correctly), I've got a 700 mile round trip in April to 1320 to get a custom remap:thumbs up:

Royster

roysterdsb
15th February 2009, 12:48 PM

I almost did the same, the wife worked just south of Edinburgh so we bought a house in Rosyth, was nice but both commuter routes were too long so now she works in Dundee too & we moved back.

Sounds like your interests are pretty similar to the rest of ours :thumbs up:

Steve

I've been trying to persuade my wife to move back to Dundee (Broughty Ferry/Monifieth - where my folks still live) for many years now... i'll eventually wear her down ;)

I've got a couple of pics on the link in my sig, i'm off today to go take a few more pictures (the car is manky though....)

Royster

N12 JLK
15th February 2009, 12:49 PM
hello , welcome.

roysterdsb
15th February 2009, 12:50 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! :D

Its good to be a member of a Scottish Mini Forum!

Royster

roysterdsb
15th February 2009, 06:57 PM

Steve

I've been out with a mate of mine taking a few photos, all the good shots were done by him (i.e. all of them....).

I could pretend that the car was meant to look filthy in the pictures, but it was more to do with every drive through car wash in edinburgh being broken for the last 2 days :frown:

Pics are all in the signature link.

Royster

MINI William
15th February 2009, 11:00 PM
Welcome to NMS.Im from Loanhead so will prob see you out and about.

MrMischief
15th February 2009, 11:35 PM
I've been trying to persuade my wife to move back to Dundee (Broughty Ferry/Monifieth - where my folks still live) for many years now... i'll eventually wear her down ;)

I've got a couple of pics on the link in my sig, i'm off today to go take a few more pictures (the car is manky though....)

Royster

Nice pics, great location for car shots, and very nice spec :cool:

Small world, I'm from Monifieth (a product of Invertay, Seaview & MHS :thumbs up:) but now living in Carnoustie.

Good luck with the wife :smilewinkgrin:

PS Shhhhh...don't mention drive through car washes round these parts :eek:

roysterdsb
16th February 2009, 07:16 PM
Nice pics, great location for car shots, and very nice spec :cool:

Small world, I'm from Monifieth (a product of Invertay, Seaview & MHS :thumbs up:) but now living in Carnoustie.

Good luck with the wife :smilewinkgrin:

PS Shhhhh...don't mention drive through car washes round these parts :eek:

It is a very small world, although i've just worked out you must be younger than me.... I was in the last primary 7 class in Invertay & then went to MHS (when Hector the Rector was in charge).

I'm not a 'show & shine' mini driver, always got a good layer of dirt on the outside (although the inside is always pretty spotless). My signature probably says it all.... I used to earn my pocket money by cleaning the family cars by hand & I think its put me off for life....

roysterdsb
16th February 2009, 07:22 PM
Welcome to NMS.Im from Loanhead so will prob see you out and about.

I'm actually living in Penicuik, i'm just used to putting Edinburgh because of being a member of UK Mini Forums & nobody knowing where Penicuik is!

I'll update it now.

I normally only drive the car on a Sunday (when i'm allowed....), I'll no doubt see you around though :thumbs up:

Colin
17th February 2009, 01:44 PM
:welcome: Enjoy!

MrMischief
17th February 2009, 11:05 PM
It is a very small world, although i've just worked out you must be younger than me.... I was in the last primary 7 class in Invertay & then went to MHS (when Hector the Rector was in charge).

I'm not a 'show & shine' mini driver, always got a good layer of dirt on the outside (although the inside is always pretty spotless). My signature probably says it all.... I used to earn my pocket money by cleaning the family cars by hand & I think its put me off for life....

I moved from Invertay to Seaview in P3, you'll maybe know Malcolm Hay, Bruce Clark or Bruce Farquarson?? Hector was still there when I was at MHS, think he retired when I was about 3rd/4th year...then the school went downhill :hand:

roysterdsb
18th February 2009, 08:26 AM
I moved from Invertay to Seaview in P3, you'll maybe know Malcolm Hay, Bruce Clark or Bruce Farquarson?? Hector was still there when I was at MHS, think he retired when I was about 3rd/4th year...then the school went downhill :hand:

I remember Malcom & Bruce F was in the year above me.

You may know my little sis - emma roy ?

Good news though, i don't normally get to drive my mini during the week... but got to drive to the airport this morning in it! I best go wake up the neighbours then with my rather noisy mini :D

ianking
19th February 2009, 10:03 PM
Hi and Welcome.

Am fae Penicuik. Lived here all my life.

Will look out for you. Where about in Penicuik do you live?

Duncan Stewart
19th February 2009, 10:38 PM
:D Hi and :welcome:

roysterdsb
20th February 2009, 07:03 AM
Hi and Welcome.

Am fae Penicuik. Lived here all my life.

Will look out for you. Where about in Penicuik do you live?

Hi & thanks for the welcome.

I'm just off Pomathorn Road in Beech Place.

Where about are you ?

ianking
20th February 2009, 09:42 AM
I know beech place.
You must live right in Beech place then as I havent spotted the MINI sitting there.

I have a flat on West Street but I can be found most weekends up in Howgate village as my folks live there (thats where im from really). I go up there to clean the motor as I dont have facilities on West Street.
Folks live at the new houses in Howgate but I grew up at Fallhills Steadings in Howgate, just moved round the corner when the houses were built. I went to Penicuik schools.

When did you move to Penicuik then?

roysterdsb
20th February 2009, 11:12 PM
I'm a fairly new to Penicuik, been here just over 3 years but got some really nice neighbours in beech place.

The Mini stays locked in the Garage for 6 days a week, I drive a rather boring audi a4 estate during the week. Had to take the Mini to the airport today though & reversed out of the garage at 6.00am.... it is very very noisy & I don't think the neighbours particularly like me using it at that time of day...

I've been through Howgate quite a few times, they do a good lunch in the bar at the Howgate (those chips are great!).

Will look out for your R56, I've always really liked the red/black combo :thumbs up:

MrMischief
20th February 2009, 11:27 PM
I remember Malcom & Bruce F was in the year above me.

You may know my little sis - emma roy ?

Good news though, i don't normally get to drive my mini during the week... but got to drive to the airport this morning in it! I best go wake up the neighbours then with my rather noisy mini :D

Very small world, Emma was in my class through primary & obviously at MHS too. Malcolm & Bruce both lived in Links Pl. next to my folks'.

RyanK
21st February 2009, 01:13 PM
welcome!

roysterdsb
21st February 2009, 02:00 PM
welcome!

Hi & thanks,

Crombers
21st February 2009, 02:03 PM
Welcome to NMSland, some car you have there :cool:

roysterdsb
21st February 2009, 05:04 PM
Welcome to NMSland, some car you have there :cool:

Thank you for the welcome and comments :D

Its getting there!

roysterdsb
21st February 2009, 05:05 PM
I know beech place.
You must live right in Beech place then as I havent spotted the MINI sitting there.

I have a flat on West Street but I can be found most weekends up in Howgate village as my folks live there (thats where im from really). I go up there to clean the motor as I dont have facilities on West Street.
Folks live at the new houses in Howgate but I grew up at Fallhills Steadings in Howgate, just moved round the corner when the houses were built. I went to Penicuik schools.

When did you move to Penicuik then?

I'm pretty sure I spotted your Factory JCW parked outside the Penideli today about lunch time, looks wicked:thumbs up:

ianking
22nd February 2009, 07:48 PM
I'm pretty sure I spotted your Factory JCW parked outside the Penideli today about lunch time, looks wicked:thumbs up:

Yeah that was me. I was receiving the same usual terrible slow service in the deli. :p
I was just en-route to go up to my folks at Howgate and clean the car. It looks much better now but wont last for very long on these dirty roads.