PDA

View Full Version : Scottish MINI Cooper Cup - Sunday 26th April 2009

Craig
13th February 2009, 08:17 PM
Well, as most of you will know over the last couple of years, a good few of us have enjoyed going along and supporting this race series. We have made some friends (and new members) in the process who now participate (and one sponsors!) on our great online community. I would like to wish everyone all the best for the coming season, most notibly our Sponsor, Mark Dryden of Saltire Vehicles, and members Chris Knox, Chris Pearson and Hamish :thumbs up:

I for one will be trying to make as many races as I can (work, holidays, runs and cash depending). :thumbs up:

This is the first set of races in Scotland as the first rounds are in Northern Ireland ;)

Anyway, normal format is to get up to knockhill, try and park together and watch the carnage unfold.. :thud:

Names:

1. Craig & Jude
2. AndyP & Lenore
3. Neil & Lorna
4. Fiona & Allan (only if it's not raining :rolleyes:)
5. Stephen & Allyson
6. Alan & Me Julie
7. Crombers
8. Big Gordy
9. Emma & Ross
10. Bumble
11. Grieg Allan
13. Burple
14. Zimbo
15. Duncan S
16. Stoney & Christine

AndyP & Lenore
13th February 2009, 08:22 PM
We'll be there.:D

Neil and Lorna
13th February 2009, 09:30 PM
We'll be there also.:D

All booked up for the trip to Kirkistown as well, anybody else going over.:thumbs up:

N & L :D:D

Scottie
13th February 2009, 09:42 PM
we will be there if the weather is dry.

If it's raining on the day then we will not be there.

Mini Ecosse
14th February 2009, 09:46 AM
We will be there.

Might even take the camera!

Craig
14th February 2009, 09:59 AM
We'll be there.:D

We'll be there also.:D

All booked up for the trip to Kirkistown as well, anybody else going over.:thumbs up:

N & L :D:D

we will be there if the weather is dry.

If it's raining on the day then we will not be there.

We will be there.

Might even take the camera!

Thats you all added. :thumbs up::thumbs up:

Won't be going to N. Ireland :frown::frown:

Gismo
14th February 2009, 10:03 AM
Add me and Me Julie

Craig
14th February 2009, 10:12 AM
Add me and Me Julie

Done :thumbs up:

Crombers
14th February 2009, 11:53 AM
I'll be there (even if it's raining) :yes nod:

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever been to a 'dry Knockhill' in my puff.

mini saltire
14th February 2009, 01:47 PM
Suppose I had better go!!:rolleyes:

Thanks for all your support as always folks :thumbs up::clap:

Craig
14th February 2009, 04:01 PM
I'll be there (even if it's raining) :yes nod:

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever been to a 'dry Knockhill' in my puff.

thats you added. :thumbs up:

Craig
14th February 2009, 04:03 PM
Suppose I had better go!!:rolleyes:

Thanks for all your support as always folks :thumbs up::clap:

well, if you don't go, I could always take over from you... :Whistle::clap:

always happy to come up to knockhill and support you guys, gonnae no reverse park it on the tyres in the first race this year... :thud::bigwave::Whistle:

Hamish
14th February 2009, 05:12 PM
Hi Craig,

Thanks for your well wishes, really does mean a lot.

Over the past few months I've really enjoyed my time on NMS and meeting so many friendly, fun people. :thumbs up:

Glad there will be loads of you at Knockhill, please feel free to come over and say hello if any of you are passing where I have my car etc set up. I'd love to meet some of you.

I'm really looking forward to this year, sure it should be fun for all of us. :thumbs up:

Thanks again, Hamish :cool:

Big Gordy
15th February 2009, 10:16 AM
I'll be there:thumbs up: and Ross will make as many as he can....shifts permitting:smilewinkgrin:

Craig
15th February 2009, 10:50 AM
I'll be there:thumbs up: and Ross will make as many as he can....shifts permitting:smilewinkgrin:

thats you added. :yes nod:

GCA3N
16th February 2009, 10:49 PM
Will be there, what are the arrangements, costs etc. Looking forward to the day:thumbs up:

Craig
17th February 2009, 07:23 AM
Will be there, what are the arrangements, costs etc. Looking forward to the day:thumbs up:

Hi Grieg,

I normally want to get up for the qualifying (which has in the past been about 08:30 to 09:00) however some people think that is too early :rolleyes: but I always arrange a convoy from Stirling Services. I would say a small percentage come up first thing, others just come along at their leisure, but most make it up before the first MINI race. :thumbs up:

costings.... Well from memory, it's about £12 per adult to get in and if you don't bring your own food, then you can buy pretty much anything from the 2 cafe/restaurants they have on-site or the burger vans dotted around the paddock/circuit. :yes nod:

Knox18
17th February 2009, 07:43 AM
not long to go!

off season sucks! :argh:

cars and its bits are dotted around the country!!

although my engine should be back in scotland by now :thumbs up:

wont be out for the 1st of march unfortunately :frown:

cpearson
17th February 2009, 09:07 AM
can't wait!!! shame we are not at KH for the opener though :(

few bits to do on mine yet, mostly interior and finish it's new look......oh and a pas pump thats on it's way out!!

c

doogz__
17th February 2009, 09:38 AM
I'll be there.

But i'll most likely be doing bitch work for Knox or one of the XR2 drivers.

Mini Ecosse
17th February 2009, 10:09 AM
Hi Grieg,

or the burger vans dotted around the paddock/circuit. :yes nod:

Some of the smaller club events have few if any burger vans operating

GCA3N
17th February 2009, 11:53 AM
Craig, would be up for a convoy, let me know about the arrangements. I am on the run the week b4 so if you are there can get all the details then. thanks Greig:thumbs up:

Craig
17th February 2009, 06:05 PM
Craig, would be up for a convoy, let me know about the arrangements. I am on the run the week b4 so if you are there can get all the details then. thanks Greig:thumbs up:

no worries, it's my perthshire run the week before.. :thumbs up:

GCA3N
17th February 2009, 06:21 PM
oops so it is, sorry, guess i will see you there then;)

mizemz
14th March 2009, 03:29 PM
Hey me and Ross will try and make it all things going to plan

Craig
14th March 2009, 09:31 PM
Hey me and Ross will try and make it all things going to plan

Great stuff, see you then. ;)

ELFMAN
10th April 2009, 01:30 PM
Craig, forgot to add myself to the list, please stick me on - I'll be there, barring acts of God etc. Is there a convoy, or is that just for the 'Early Birds'?

Bumble
10th April 2009, 06:18 PM
Mememememememememememememe!

GCA3N
10th April 2009, 06:37 PM
craig i see my name is not down yet, can you add it please.

Craig
10th April 2009, 08:44 PM
Craig, forgot to add myself to the list, please stick me on - I'll be there, barring acts of God etc. Is there a convoy, or is that just for the 'Early Birds'?

Mememememememememememememe!

craig i see my name is not down yet, can you add it please.

Thats you all added. :thumbs up:

not thought about when I am going up yet or a convoy, but I will keep you all posted. depends on the starting times ;)

Ivano
11th April 2009, 08:49 PM
Craig, i may be attending this but i will need to let you know closer to the date if that is ok?

My car may be going in for some Suspension work that weekend :D so i'm not sure if it will be ready in time.

Craig
12th April 2009, 12:33 PM
Craig, i may be attending this but i will need to let you know closer to the date if that is ok?

My car may be going in for some Suspension work that weekend :D so i'm not sure if it will be ready in time.

No worries Ivan. :thumbs up:

Burple
14th April 2009, 10:23 AM
Hey hey.. we (or just me) may appear for this too, dependant on whether or not Fi has to work that weekend.. :thumbs up::cool:

AndyP & Lenore
14th April 2009, 11:01 AM
Hey hey.. we (or just me) may appear for this too, dependant on whether or not Fi has to work that weekend.. :thumbs up::cool:

The big fella's on his holypops just now, so I'm looking after his run threads for him. Added you in, mate.:thumbs up:

A.

Scottie
19th April 2009, 10:34 PM
Craig what time are you thinking about going up to this.??

Craig
20th April 2009, 07:16 AM
Craig what time are you thinking about going up to this.??

I was thinking about being up there for 9am to see the qualifying. . . Prob leaving Kincardine Services about 08:15/30 ;)

zimbo
20th April 2009, 08:28 AM
I might be try to get to this as well depending on how much the entry fee is? Could you put me down as a maybe Craig, cheers mate.

Hamish
20th April 2009, 09:06 AM
if i remember right from last year it was like £15??? Is that right guys n girls?

I'm getting nervous already, but really looking forward to it... will you all come say hi if you get a chance... I'll be number 8 and should be in the main area.

Shouting and cheering encouragement is optional whilst watching the race hahaha

Gismo
20th April 2009, 02:28 PM
I might be try to get to this as well depending on how much the entry fee is? Could you put me down as a maybe Craig, cheers mate.
I got a spare ticket for ya

Hamish
20th April 2009, 04:47 PM

do you get allocated a load for being the NMS people? :thumbs up:

zimbo
20th April 2009, 05:01 PM

Ah cheers Alan, well Craig put me down as a definate now then. :thumbs up:

Duncan Stewart
20th April 2009, 07:42 PM
Going to be there, but with a car full so in the Fiesta
Hopefully see you all there :D

GCA3N
20th April 2009, 07:42 PM
Is every meeting up there, meeting at a specified place, and what about parking etc. Its been a while since I have been.

Hamish
20th April 2009, 07:46 PM
every meeting bar one is at knockhill now, the other is at cadwelll greig.

Not sure where they all meet but I'll be around in the pit area, look forward to meeting you.

GCA3N
20th April 2009, 07:48 PM
Thanks, I am looking really forward to the day. You must be getiing really excited now.

Hamish
20th April 2009, 07:51 PM
yeah I'm really excited greig, but also a severely amount of nerves too!!! Got my stickers dropped into my work today, name for side of car and yellow box with black cross for being a newbie lol... its kinda sunk in now!!! haha

GCA3N
20th April 2009, 08:26 PM
Being Nervous is good it means that you will on your game. You don't want to be too cool. Besides as long as you enjoy yourself then that is really all that counts. Got a funny feeling that won't be too much of a problem. Wish it was me that was racing

Craig
20th April 2009, 09:03 PM
Ah cheers Alan, well Craig put me down as a definate now then. :thumbs up:

Good Stuff Zimbo. See you there. :thumbs up:

Craig
20th April 2009, 09:05 PM
all updated :thumbs up:

zimbo
21st April 2009, 09:50 AM
Are we all going to meet up somewhere close to Knockhill so we can all get in together and park together or what? Like the services at JCT 6 as you come off motorway towards Knockhill?

Cant remember how this was done before... :rolleyes:

Gismo
21st April 2009, 10:52 AM
Are we all going to meet up somewhere close to Knockhill so we can all get in together and park together or what? Like the services at JCT 6 as you come off motorway towards Knockhill?

Cant remember how this was done before... :rolleyes:I can either meet you at the Kinross services or join up at the BP garage outside Dundee, just need to find out the race times :thumbs up:

Craig
21st April 2009, 04:43 PM
Most of the folk south of Knockhill meet at Kincardine Services (the BP station next to the new roundabout and flyover) :thumbs up:

thinking about meeting there at 08:30hrs. See everyone at the Circuit at approx 9am. Park at the hairpin or end of the main straight ? :yes nod:

zimbo
21st April 2009, 05:32 PM
I can either meet you at the Kinross services or join up at the BP garage outside Dundee, just need to find out the race times :thumbs up:

:thumbs up: just let me know where and when?

GCA3N
21st April 2009, 05:51 PM
Most of the folk south of Knockhill meet at Kincardine Services (the BP station next to the new roundabout and flyover) :thumbs up:

thinking about meeting there at 08:30hrs. See everyone at the Circuit at approx 9am. Park at the hairpin or end of the main straight ? :yes nod:

I'm up for meeting there, let me know when you confirm, thanks

mizemz
22nd April 2009, 08:22 PM
i might be unable to attend this but hopefully things will sort out so i will still make it.

Scottie
22nd April 2009, 08:24 PM
I'm planning to be there for 11.30ish the 8.30am is to early for me.

Looking at the weather forecast tonight is looks like rain:frown: but as I have free entry we are both going regardless.

Bumble
22nd April 2009, 11:20 PM
Sorry; little matter of visiting my newborn nephew is going to keep me away from knockhill this weekend.

Lynn :)

Crombers
23rd April 2009, 07:46 AM
Sorry; little matter of visiting my newborn nephew is going to keep me away from knockhill this weekend.

Lynn :)

Bring im with you then :rolleyes:

Sheesh, wumin !! :Whistle:

Crombers
23rd April 2009, 07:47 AM
Looking at the weather forecast tonight is looks like rain:frown:

Nothing new there then eh :rolleyes:

stoney
23rd April 2009, 04:28 PM
me and christine (christine mabie ) will be there

Hamish
23rd April 2009, 05:00 PM
christ theres a bit of a gethering for it now!!! ... starting to sink in now... OMG!!! hahaha

Craig
23rd April 2009, 08:31 PM
me and christine (christine mabie ) will be there

thats you added. :thumbs up:

ELFMAN
24th April 2009, 08:05 AM
Sorry folks, out for this one - too much to do at the moment. See you soon.

AndyP & Lenore
24th April 2009, 02:32 PM
News passed on from Mark Dryden to Craig (who is away from a PC just now so can't post) and asked me to post this up...

Mark has arranged a special deal with Knockhill manager Stuart Gray for this Sunday... All MINI's attending will only pay for ONE PERSON. So drivers pay, but if you have a driver and a passenger, only the passenger pays. Common sense has to apply and if you turn up at Knockhill with 17 bodies squeezed into the MINI, expect to pay for some of them.

Special thanks to Stuart Gray at Knockhill for this...:clap::thumbs up:

A.:D

EDIT: Post edited to reflect correct deal - sorry for posting incorrect info before. :sad:

stoney
24th April 2009, 04:52 PM
nice one

AndyP & Lenore
24th April 2009, 05:19 PM
nice one

Rob, I posted the wrong info before - sorry. Correct info is now in the post above. Drivers still pay, all passengers (within reason) are free.

A.

Craig
24th April 2009, 05:31 PM
thanks for that Andy - got back to a pc quicker than i thought :thumbs up:

I must thank Stuart Gray at Knockhill. Top man for making this generous offer once again. :thumbs up: I think we should all make the effort to go along to the show in July as a kind of thank you for all the offers Knockhill seem to put our way. :clap::clap:

Knockhill are having their own tribute to 50 years of MINI at Motorfair and I think we should make the extra effort to support this event with as many MINI's/Minis as possibly. The event is on Sun 19th July and more details can be found HERE (http://www.knockhill.com/events/event.php)

:clap:

zimbo
25th April 2009, 09:18 AM
Knockhill are having their own tribute to 50 years of MINI at Motorfair and I think we should make the extra effort to support this event with as many MINI's/Minis as possibly. The event is on Sun 19th July and more details can be found HERE (http://www.knockhill.com/events/event.php)

Craig in that link when you click the Motorfair link it says the show is on 9th + 10th of May and not July as you have posted? Think you must have meant THE CLASSIC SPEEDFAIR which is on 19th July :lol: and not the Motorfair... :rolleyes:

Ivano
25th April 2009, 10:38 AM
thanks for that Andy - got back to a pc quicker than i thought :thumbs up:

I must thank Stuart Gray at Knockhill. Top man for making this generous offer once again. :thumbs up: I think we should all make the effort to go along to the show in July as a kind of thank you for all the offers Knockhill seem to put our way. :clap::clap:

Craig, As i kind of thought my car won't be ready for tomorrow's Knockhill trip.. Suspension work not complete..

The July thingy sounds like a good one, and like you say would be good to have as many MINIs there as possible.. Does that mean we would have a designated Show area??

Craig
25th April 2009, 08:10 PM
Craig, As i kind of thought my car won't be ready for tomorrow's Knockhill trip.. Suspension work not complete..

The July thingy sounds like a good one, and like you say would be good to have as many MINIs there as possible.. Does that mean we would have a designated Show area??

Ok Ivan - thats a shame.

yeah, I have been advised that there will be an area set out for MINI's :thumbs up::yes nod:

Craig
25th April 2009, 08:11 PM
Craig in that link when you click the Motorfair link it says the show is on 9th + 10th of May and not July as you have posted? Think you must have meant THE CLASSIC SPEEDFAIR which is on 19th July :lol: and not the Motorfair... :rolleyes:

well it was right when I posted it. It seems that their website has some funny rolling thing for events so it changed.. :rolleyes:

your right Ali, it is the Classic Speedfair on 19th July :yes nod:

AndyP & Lenore
25th April 2009, 09:27 PM
Everyone needs to remember their Knockhill survival kit tomorrow.

Sun cream. Check.
Sun hat. Check.
Shades. Check.
Wellies. Check.
Rain coat. Check.
Sturdy umbrella. Check.
Ski's. Check.
Programme the local mountain rescue number into your mobile. Check.

And finally....

Whistle for attracting attention when buried in avalanche, attached by string to one of these mini personal fans to cool you down. Check.

Gismo
25th April 2009, 10:53 PM
Everyone needs to remember their Knockhill survival kit tomorrowDon't forget John's roadside rescue services for Burple :Whistle:

Gismo
26th April 2009, 06:47 PM
A few piccies, i'm sure the better photographers will be along shortly :thumbs up:

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/member_pictures/the_gismo_man/knockhill_april_2009/4cars.jpg

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/member_pictures/the_gismo_man/knockhill_april_2009/chris.jpg

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/member_pictures/the_gismo_man/knockhill_april_2009/mark.jpg

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/member_pictures/the_gismo_man/knockhill_april_2009/flipped.jpg

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/member_pictures/the_gismo_man/knockhill_april_2009/lambo.jpg

23 inch wheels :eek:
http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/member_pictures/the_gismo_man/knockhill_april_2009/X6.jpg

Looking forward to John's selections ;)

Craig
26th April 2009, 07:01 PM
A great day out. :thumbs up:

Great racing and the weather didn't turn out too bad, but jeez it can fairly blow a cold wind... :laugh:

Feel sorry for you Hamish, from where we were looked like you couldn't miss the spinning Cosmo.. :frown:

Well done to the winners, looked like Chris K, Kenneth, Vic and David Sleigh were the biggest winners today points wise. :thumbs up:

Looking forward to the next one... :yes nod::yes nod:

Scottie
26th April 2009, 07:20 PM
23 inch wheels :eek:
http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/member_pictures/the_gismo_man/knockhill_april_2009/X6.jpg

Looking forward to John's selections ;)

Ha Ha I saw that X6 also.:frown::frown::frown:

Can I borrow your picture of it please?

Gismo
26th April 2009, 07:31 PM
Ha Ha I saw that X6 also.:frown::frown::frown:

Can I borrow your picture of it please?Right click and save as :thumbs up:

Scottie
26th April 2009, 07:47 PM
Right click and save as :thumbs up:

Ta.:thumbs up: wanted to show my X6 buddies from over the pond.:cool:

Duncan Stewart
26th April 2009, 07:58 PM
Not been to Knockhill in years, but glad I went today
Had a brilliant time :D
Didn't manage to bump into any NMS people except John but saw a few NMS minis parked up but I had the Fiesta anyway (can't get 4 adults in a mini ;))

Took loads a photos but here are just a few

Legends - fab little things
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/362577903.jpg

Close Fiesta racing!

http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/362577907.jpg

Loved the Mini racing

http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/362577917.jpg

http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/362577911.jpg

Most expensive accident of the day

http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/362577901.jpg

Fire breathing Focus

http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/362577931.jpg

http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/362577934.jpg

And even a classic racing as well

http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/362577925.jpg

Scottie
26th April 2009, 08:11 PM
Was a good day the temp dropped by 2.5c between race 2 and 3 for the Minis really noticed the chill in the air.

Got to say Thirwell and Knox, hats of to you both some excellent stuff between the two:thumbs up::thumbs up: and David Sleigh in the second race had a good one.

Couple of pics Allan took

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/Library-412.jpg

and in case you missed it. It's good to have a sense of humour.:thumbs up:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/Library-413.jpg

tumble dryer hose??
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/Library-426.jpg

sorry Hamish

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/Library-407.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/Library-408.jpg

Ivano
26th April 2009, 08:22 PM
Looks like there was some great action..

Does that Orange Lambo not belong to a Glasgow Gangster who has taken up Motor Racing?? I read something about it in the press last year..

Apparently he is so reckless on the track too...

Gismo
26th April 2009, 08:40 PM
Ta.:thumbs up: wanted to show my X6 buddies from over the pond.:cool:PM me your e-mail address and i'll send you another one with the whole car :thumbs up:

Craig
26th April 2009, 09:48 PM

Does that Orange Lambo not belong to a Glasgow Gangster who has taken up Motor Racing?? I read something about it in the press last year..

This (http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2009/01/25/costa-cops-swoop-on-lamborghini-tycoon-ian-donaldson-78057-21068064/) what you mean Ivan ? :thud::Whistle:

Scottie
26th April 2009, 09:53 PM

This (http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2009/01/25/costa-cops-swoop-on-lamborghini-tycoon-ian-donaldson-78057-21068064/) what you mean Ivan ? :thud::Whistle:

you two better watch in case the guy googles motor racing he'll be coming after you both for outing him.:laugh::laugh:

Ivano
26th April 2009, 09:54 PM

Yeah... That is the article

I wouldn't imagine the other Racing drivers mess...

john
26th April 2009, 10:17 PM
Lambo crash here http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=118&t=681915&mid=74440&nmt=SMRC

Crombers
26th April 2009, 11:18 PM
So who won what & where ??

AndyP & Lenore
27th April 2009, 01:04 AM
Pics are up on www.motorsportphotographic.com web site.

A.

AndyP & Lenore
27th April 2009, 01:10 AM
Great day out today.:thumbs up:

Some great racing from all the drivers. Big commiserations to Alan Waugh for his reverse park onto the tyre wall. Stiff neck by morning I suspect.:blush:

Big respect to Kenny Thirwall for his save at the top of the first corner when David Sleigh gave him a wee nudge and Kenny managed to keep the car under complete control the whole way down. Kenny, powerslide championships beckon.:thumbs up::clap:

And I wasn't far wrong with my "Knockhill survivor's guide"... Sun, rain, wind and hail all made an appearance. But by christ was it cold today!:eek:

AndyP & Lenore
27th April 2009, 01:27 AM
So who won what & where ??

Results are all here. (http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=407787)

Hamish
27th April 2009, 09:13 AM
thanks craig, I did my best to miss him, chose left and as soon as i did, he stopped sliding down the track and shot backwards right in my path... think someone gave him a nudge. Was hoping to get some experience under my belt this weekend but wasnt to be. Pulled the subframe for sure, its off to get checked over today... will no more after that. Not a great start, but onwards and upwards!

john
27th April 2009, 10:09 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3627/3476878789_37099743e1_o.jpg

Crombers
27th April 2009, 10:22 AM
Close racing then ;) , smashin photo :thumbs up:

Scottie
27th April 2009, 06:35 PM
Cracking picture John. Sums up my memory of yesterdays racing.:thumbs up::thumbs up:

Knox18
28th April 2009, 09:34 AM
thanks for the comments guys, it was a cracking weekend!

as the above pic shows it was pretty close :thumbs up: