PDA

View Full Version : Colin McRae

Scottie
13th February 2009, 12:24 AM
What do you all think then.

I want to make excuses for the decisions that he made on that day, but I can't.

Flying without a licence for a period of 2 years, would we be so sympathetic to a car driver, driving without a licence.?

No licence no fly in my book no matter whether if was a factor (which I don't think it was) in the crash.

From the video evidence he seems to have been flying low and trying to make a turn which was beyond his skill.

Tragic outcome ruined a lot of life's which seems to have been unavoidable, must be hard for his wife to hear this.

AndyP & Lenore
13th February 2009, 01:03 AM
Absolutely tragic, regardless of the circumstances. But I agree with you Fi... as hard as it to say it, it looks like he may have been showing off, carrying out a manoeuvre that was beyond his abilities. And to not have renewed his licence was a big mistake. One which I guess he is paying the ultimate price.:frown:

A.:sad:

Gismo
13th February 2009, 10:58 AM
A tragic accident that could have been avoided.
Not so sure folks will sympathise with him so much

john
13th February 2009, 10:59 AM
Renewing his licence would not have made him a better Pilot, at the end of the day it is a bit of paper but rules are rules.

If anyone wants the full 109 page investigation report emailed to them I have it.

Sadly no amount of finger pointing will change the outcome.

Gismo
13th February 2009, 11:00 AM
Renewing his licence would not have made him a better Pilot, at the end of the day it is a bit of paper but rules are rules.

If anyone wants the full 109 page investigation report emailed to them I have it.

Sadly no amount of finger pointing will change the outcome.All correct, but, as like in our oil industry, sticking to the rules means the difference between life and death :sad:

Crombers
13th February 2009, 12:04 PM
So sad

So avoidable

Feel for his wife & family

Knox18
13th February 2009, 12:51 PM
i wouldn't mind the report if you have it

could you email it to chris.knox@woodgroup.com

thanks

Audio Advice
13th February 2009, 01:02 PM
Its such a tragic shame - as said its just a licence but doesnt determine his flying abilities which on this occasion were onviously not up to the mark. Real shame

badwolf340
13th February 2009, 08:10 PM
yip ,that sum's it up.have meet the man personally and was taken round Ingilston in a 4x4 cossie .absolutly amazing drive ,no effort at all,but no licence................does not make any sence.:confused::confused::confused:

I want to make excuses for the decisions that he made on that day, but I can't.

Flying without a licence for a period of 2 years, would we be so sympathetic to a car driver, driving without a licence.?

No licence no fly in my book no matter whether if was a factor (which I don't think it was) in the crash.

From the video evidence he seems to have been flying low and trying to make a turn which was beyond his skill.

Tragic outcome ruined a lot of life's which seems to have been unavoidable, must be hard for his wife to hear this.

badwolf340
13th February 2009, 08:18 PM
oops,Quoted Fi (scottie)and cut a bit off ,:bigwave:

Craig
13th February 2009, 08:27 PM
full crash report HERE (http://www.aaib.gov.uk/sites/aaib/publications/bulletins/february_2009/eurocopter_as350b2_squirrel__g_cbhl.cfm) :frown: