PDA

View Full Version : Bluefin superchip

marc_v33
11th February 2009, 09:41 PM
has anyone got one of these and if so what difference does it make? is it worth the money?
cheers marc

RyanK
11th February 2009, 09:52 PM
Ive got one. Worth every penny imo although have been hearing recently that a custom remap is the way to go. When bluefin is installed you don't feel the extra power until 4000rpm, however at 4000rpm it feels almost like a vtec!

Don't believe all the hype though that claim Mini Ones/Coopers are rapid after you install the bluefin. I have pulled away from a few coopers but on the other hand my friend has 1.3 Mitsubishi colt in which keeps up with me :yes nod:

ELFMAN
12th February 2009, 10:03 PM
The Bluefin made mine feel a bit more 'eager', and I'm quite happy with it. Dealing with a different engine etc though and I did it as a 'finishing touch'.... Depending on what you've got in the way of mods, I'd put the the £299.00 towards a nice exhaust!

Crombers
13th February 2009, 11:53 AM
Depending on what you've got in the way of mods, I'd put the the £299.00 towards a nice exhaust!

The 'master' has spoken :yes nod:

Burple
13th February 2009, 12:20 PM
If you've got a Mini One.. DO IT! DO IT NOW!! ;):thumbs up:
25-30bhp increase for that kind of money is well worth it, it's a far better increase than you'll get by just adding an exhaust or induction kit.
compared to my old Cooper, it feels more eager, pulls harder above 4K revs, and will rev higher too. (you might even notice a slight increase in mpg if you don't cane it too hard too ;))

If you have a Cooper tho.. the increase ain't that great... about 8bhp I think? You might definitely be better off with spending the cash on other mods, like a nice Playmini exhaust :thumbs up:

ELFMAN
14th February 2009, 09:36 PM
Am I right in thinking that the upgrade for the One to Cooper power was more expensive because of the bigger power increase, even though there wasn't any more work involved? I seem to remember something about that from ages ago. Would be funny if they gave you 30bhp for the same cash as they charge for 8bhp... I'm probably wrong though!

Forbes
14th February 2009, 09:43 PM
Bluefins are all £234 on Lohen now with next day delivery