PDA

View Full Version : Idiots!

Bazthemod
11th February 2009, 11:23 AM
Really annoyed, was out driving last night and one guy flashed his foglights at me thinking my sidelights were fogs... then when i got into city centre some tw@t in a van flashed his lights at me and shouted out his window to me to switch my F***ing lights off!?

Can only think that as i was sitting at lights on a hill that my xenons were leveled right into his view? Wish i had been quicker off the mark and flashed my lights to show the trick what full beam is :ragin:

Anyone else get this?

Burple
11th February 2009, 11:29 AM
well.. you *were* driving about with your Fogs on the last time *I* saw you... ;);):p:p

<lights fuse> lol :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Bazthemod
11th February 2009, 11:31 AM
not rising to the bait!:p

Crombers
11th February 2009, 11:59 AM
It annoys the hell out of me too when I see other cars with their front fogs on, but I can see why folk think that the R56 sidelights are fogs purely down to where they are situated.

I have stopped reacting to it though as I really don't think it would be worth the hassle if you annoyed the wrong type of person who in turn would want to take the issue to another level, so to speak.

Dunno why so many folk do drive about with their front fogs on. It's usually the younger driver who does it to look 'cool' but then again I see a lot of older people who probably think it's the 'norm' to drive about with them on.

I do get really pi$$ed at folk driving around with rear fogs on when there is no need to at all. Generally though, these people have usually forgotten to switch them off & react by actually switching them off when prompted with a quick flash.

Ferengo
11th February 2009, 12:55 PM
Get 4 spotlights put on the front so when someone does flash you you can blind them. Think of it this way, you have a better car than they do so sod them.

The Dogfather
11th February 2009, 12:59 PM
A fog light discussion, hmmmm, perhaps I should abstain :D

john
11th February 2009, 01:16 PM
Nenah got an on the spot fine for have on fog lights and it was the side lights, ended up paying the fine as it would cost so much to contest it.:moonie:

Big Gordy
11th February 2009, 02:07 PM
Get 4 spotlights put on the front so when someone does flash you you can blind them.

8 spotlights are even better:Whistle:(I should point out that I'm talking about Ross' Landy which has 8 x 100w driving lamps fitted:eek:) They soon put theirs off I can tell you:cool:

AndyP & Lenore
11th February 2009, 05:24 PM
Nenah got an on the spot fine for have on fog lights and it was the side lights, ended up paying the fine as it would cost so much to contest it.:moonie:

See that's just wrong, wrong, wrong.:frown::frown::ragin::ragin:

The number of assholes out there who genuinely break the law by having their fogs on when not required and nothing happens, and Nenah gets done for having legal side lights on. The worlds gone mad.:frown:

A.:sad:

KenL
11th February 2009, 09:42 PM
Get 4 spotlights put on the front so when someone does flash you you can blind them. Think of it this way, you have a better car than they do so sod them.

Now there's a really grown up thing to do :rolleyes:

KenL
11th February 2009, 09:43 PM
See that's just wrong, wrong, wrong.:frown::frown::ragin::ragin:

The number of assholes out there who genuinely break the law by having their fogs on when not required and nothing happens, and Nenah gets done for having legal side lights on. The worlds gone mad.:frown:

A.:sad:

Agreed.

KenL
11th February 2009, 09:45 PM
Really annoyed, was out driving last night and one guy flashed his foglights at me thinking my sidelights were fogs... then when i got into city centre some tw@t in a van flashed his lights at me and shouted out his window to me to switch my F***ing lights off!?

Can only think that as i was sitting at lights on a hill that my xenons were leveled right into his view? Wish i had been quicker off the mark and flashed my lights to show the trick what full beam is :ragin:

Anyone else get this?

Xenons are a pain in the retina when sitting at at a junction with a car on an incline across from you.

Just shows that the auto-levelling mechanism does not really work well enough.

Crombers
12th February 2009, 10:52 AM
A fog light discussion, hmmmm, perhaps I should abstain :D

Can't remember that one, did it get a bit heated :Whistle:

Craig
12th February 2009, 11:09 AM
Can't remember that one, did it get a bit heated :Whistle:

oi! big stuff - pit the fishing rod away.... ;)

Crombers
12th February 2009, 11:46 AM
oi! big stuff - pit the fishing rod away.... ;)

OK, right you are :thumbs up:

(Still can't remember the 'debate' BTW)