PDA

View Full Version : Plastidip

Smitty
10th February 2009, 11:21 PM
This will mainly be directed at Scottie.....

How much did you use when doing your light surrounds etc.?

Do I need to get the 1 Litre Can or will the Junior Can be enough?

Planning on doing my headlight surrounds and boot handle. Depending on how that goes will depend if I experiment with de-chroming bits!

bazzaric
10th February 2009, 11:21 PM
I'm just away to buy a grille and get it done. Would also like to know how much you used for that!

Scottie
10th February 2009, 11:48 PM
well I needed two of the spray cans. Still have half of the second can left

for the light surrounds front and back, spot light brackets and the grille surround.

I also bought the junior can for touch up as Allan rubbed some of the plastidip off when re fitting the spot lights, but my grille will need redone when the weather improves as you can notice the touch up bit:argh::argh:

To date other than the damage Allan done all other bits are fine and nothing has chipped yet!!!

Smitty
10th February 2009, 11:51 PM
So would you advise getting the spray cans over the actual tins then Fi?

Scottie
10th February 2009, 11:56 PM
So would you advise getting the spray cans over the actual tins then Fi?

not sure which would be best it's easy stuff to use. Think when I re do the grille I'll use the brush junior can I have and see what it's like.

Smitty
11th February 2009, 12:03 AM
Thanks you for the advice :thumbs up:

I've ordered a tin of the spray from eBay - I reckon one will be enough to begin with.

Once you've re-painted your grill let us know if there is any difference in finish between painting and spraying :smilewinkgrin:

Aberdeen Al
11th February 2009, 12:57 PM
Spray tin is easiest!

I have half a tin left and I used it to cober my chrome fuel cap (3 x coats) and lighr surrounds (4 x coats each)!

I've still got a set of chrome surrounds for sale if anyone is interested :cool:

Big Gordy
11th February 2009, 02:18 PM
cober my chrome fuel cap

How do you make your fuel cap Australian:confused::moonie::Whistle:

Aberdeen Al
11th February 2009, 05:38 PM
How do you make your fuel cap Australian:confused::moonie::Whistle:

Turned it upside down :rolleyes: .............................must check my spelling prior to submitting :smilewinkgrin: