PDA

View Full Version : Broken Leg

Gismo
20th April 2004, 05:31 AM
Mili returned from the latest MINI2 run with a broken suspension arm, currently in JC's awaiting to be fixed :( gutted

weefossy
20th April 2004, 05:49 AM
What were you doing to the poor wee thing?

macblob
20th April 2004, 06:32 AM
These bad rds south of the border eh alan?

Hope all is well quickly and ur back on the rd again

Gismo
20th April 2004, 06:57 AM
Must have been a pot hole as i remember hitting quite a few, the roads were terrible, don't get me wrong, a good route etc, just the condition of some of them.
The car was driveable, it was the link arm from the back of the strut to the wishbone, snapped clean off at the lower end :) try getting that under warranty 8)

Willie M
20th April 2004, 03:10 PM
Ouch!! :eek: Sorry to hear that Alan. Hope the wee beastie's back to good as new ASAP.

Julz
20th April 2004, 03:38 PM
Awww, the poor wee soul!! I'm just glad BabyB wasn't on that run or she'd be broken all over!! (returning to bodyshop again soon after grounding/buckling bracket incident):(

Gismo
21st April 2004, 04:34 AM
Something to watch out for if you get Eibach lowering springs installed, you get new drop link suspension arms to replace the Mini ones, to be fair they are more robust, but, if they break you gotta get new ones, obviously takes time to deliver :blackeye:
So, car stuck in JC's awaiting the new part

One nice thing though, a round of applause for Alan the parts guy for taking the time to source a non BMW part and arrange delivery etc etc :)

Julz
21st April 2004, 03:57 PM
The parts guys in JC's are very good, not sure how their trainee feels after I went in there on friday and asked for a screw!!:eek: (one of the four that holds the plastic cover over the sc cooler has run away!!)

Mini Martyn
21st April 2004, 06:21 PM
Sorry to hear about your suspension arm BS hope your motoring again soooon!! :cool:

Gismo
21st April 2004, 08:38 PM
It gets worse, Eibach no longer make the drop links :( looks like the anti roll bar was changed but i never got the standard one back :(
Having to price up a new anti roll bar and drop links to get back on the road, not happy :dead:

Julz
23rd April 2004, 02:28 AM
Saw Mili today when I was in for a long screw <oo-er>, apparently she should get her operation tomorrow!!:(:clown:

Gismo
23rd April 2004, 03:15 AM
Checkpoint in Aberdeen have denied all knowledge of changing my anti roll bar, i'm hoping like hell the bar has Eibach stamped on it somewhere and then i'll be shoving it where the sun don't shine.

Needless to say i'll take great pleasure in advising everybody not to go there, i'll certainly never be back :mad:

Julz
23rd April 2004, 03:17 AM
Nigel was telling me you had problems with them!! Oh dear!! At least Mili will be back with you soon!!:clown:

Gismo
23rd April 2004, 07:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by Julz
Nigel was telling me you had problems with them!! Oh dear!! At least Mili will be back with you soon!!:clown:Aye, but it's gonna cost me an arm and a leg :evil: boom boom :clown:

Julz
23rd April 2004, 03:41 PM
:D:evil::clown:

Wul
23rd April 2004, 04:13 PM
BS - that's a bugger! Will JC's not confirm the anti-roll bar is not a MINI one and give you the ammo to go and give Checkpoint hell?

Gismo
23rd April 2004, 05:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

BS - that's a bugger! Will JC's not confirm the anti-roll bar is not a MINI one and give you the ammo to go and give Checkpoint hell?
Wul, JC confirm that the anti roll bar is not a BMW item, tried explaining this to Checkpoint, but, they say their mechanic says he has never changed an anti roll bar on a Mini when fitting Eibach lowering kits, so, stalemate at the moment.
Just hoping there is a reference to Eibach on the non standard bar

mr.b
23rd April 2004, 05:29 PM
BS.

so after all this, would you advise against Eibach lowering springs as i was abaout to order some up for fitting??

B.

Gismo
23rd April 2004, 06:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by mr.b
BS.
so after all this, would you advise against Eibach lowering springs as i was abaout to order some up for fitting??
B.Nope, no problems with the springs, just CHECKPOINT in ABERDEEN for failing to own up to their failure to return my original anti roll bar

Gismo
23rd April 2004, 08:47 PM
All sorted, picking it up today, was scared to ask how much it was gonna cost :(

Mini Martyn
23rd April 2004, 11:32 PM
Well Allan how did you get on?

Gismo
24th April 2004, 02:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by Mini Martyn
Well Allan how did you get on?Hmm, not sure, the standard drop links have somehow managed to be fitted to the car without changing the anti roll bar, when the mechanic went to put on the new bar there was no difference :question::evil: