PDA

View Full Version : spotlights

G19RNT
9th February 2009, 09:29 PM
hey was think of modifying my spotlights by putting a sidelight bulb in each of them has anyone done this before?i have wipac light is it possible to drill through the rear of the lens and what type of bulb holder would be suitable?

MrMischief
9th February 2009, 10:33 PM
Could be tricky drilling through the reflective surface without it splitting/shattering. I've not had ours off yet, what does the little self tapper type screw in the bottom do? A small LED sidelight bulb might go in there? :confused:

Good idea, they'd look cool at night. Just like the big lorries :D

weefossy
9th February 2009, 10:54 PM
Have thought about this and got as far as buying 4 blue LEDs to go in each light, but they are still in the drawer waiting for better weather. I was working on wire going in same hole as main light and LED being "stuck" to reflector at the bottom???? Will get there some day

KenL
9th February 2009, 11:31 PM
Have thought about this and got as far as buying 4 blue LEDs to go in each light, but they are still in the drawer waiting for better weather. I was working on wire going in same hole as main light and LED being "stuck" to reflector at the bottom???? Will get there some day

Blue LEDs - illegal no?

...only truck drivers get away with that I would have thought :hand: