PDA

View Full Version : I'm back but probably talking gibberish

AndyP & Lenore
8th February 2009, 09:03 PM
Some folks have PM'ed and texted me over the past week and I haven't been able to reply to some - sorry for that.:sad:

Truth is, I've been a bit laid up recently. I started an infection last Saturday and with some antibiotics I thought I had it under control and was feeling much better on Thursday, but by Friday I was going downhill like a frikking freight train. The doc said enough is enough and admitted me to the Borders General for IV antibiotics. Diagnosis = Pyelonephritis. Which in English is a Kidney infection.

So I was admitted Friday evening and responded well to the tasty ****tail of antibiotics and paracetamol and other lovely chemicals they stuck into the drip. So well, in fact I was kicked out on Saturday afternoon.

I'm not fixed, I'm not 100% and I'm not going to work this week! But I am much better and I'll try and make sense in any posts I make, but I'm still medicated. And lets face it, even when I'm not on medication I seldom make sense, so with drugs in my system I'll likely be talking even more bollocks than usual:yes nod:. Sorry.:frown:

Anyone else had that paracetamol as a drip? It's ******* amazing.:popcorn:

A.:thumbs up:

Gismo
8th February 2009, 09:05 PM
Eh, what you talking about, a wee cold and he runs to the hospital :Whistle:

AndyP & Lenore
8th February 2009, 09:07 PM
Eh, what you talking about, a wee cold and he runs to the hospital :Whistle:

I wish.:frown: Cold, is not something I was.

stoney
8th February 2009, 09:07 PM
glad to here you are on the mend so it will be lots of cod4 this week then:yes nod::Whistle:

Gismo
8th February 2009, 09:10 PM
glad to here you are on the mend so it will be lots of cod4 this week then:yes nod::Whistle:i'm on now :knife:

AndyP & Lenore
8th February 2009, 09:17 PM
glad to here you are on the mend so it will be lots of cod4 this week then:yes nod::Whistle:

Well, the thing is, I can't seem to take fast moving telly images. I know it's weird, but I cant watch action films or anything like that. I start to feel dizzy. So, I'll see how I am tomorrow, but not for now.

A.

Scottie
8th February 2009, 09:29 PM
aye it's all down hill from here the older you get the worse it is.

As I would say to my Allan suck it up and get on with it.:p:p

euan
8th February 2009, 09:33 PM
Well mate, I hope your feeling better soon - nothing worse than feeling crap like that and a hospital admission must have been a tad worrying, glad it all seems to be sorting itself out. Lay up, enjoy the time away from work and relax.

Now, with no fast moving images, surely your not just sitting watching Sex and the City box sets :D

Bumble
8th February 2009, 10:03 PM
oww - hospitals are no nice; good you are on the mend now!

N12 JLK
8th February 2009, 10:36 PM
Get well soon Andy. I remember the morphine drip when I had kerr, great stuff!

Sheilz
8th February 2009, 11:25 PM
That's tough luck. Hope your feeling much better soon and enjoy the time off work.

Craig
9th February 2009, 09:58 AM
All the best mate and remember, nae going in to work this week... :knife:

Just make sure lenore brings you your breakfast in bed before going to work.. :thumbs up::Whistle:

ianking
9th February 2009, 10:11 AM
Good to hear you are on the mend.

Will you be OK for karting on Sunday?

Ferengo
9th February 2009, 10:35 AM
Hey Andy.

Sent ya a text. Hope you're back to fighting form soon and if not then you'll be an easy target for us on COD4.

G.

AndyP & Lenore
9th February 2009, 10:49 AM
Many thanks for the well wishes folks.:bigwave:

Fi, didn't really expect any sympathy from you anyway. And you're right, the older you get, the worse it gets.:moonie:

Scottie
9th February 2009, 02:12 PM
Many thanks for the well wishes folks.:bigwave:

Fi, didn't really expect any sympathy from you anyway. And you're right, the older you get, the worse it gets.:moonie:

you didn't come on here looking for sympathy:eek::eek::p

AndyP & Lenore
9th February 2009, 02:34 PM
you didn't come on here looking for sympathy:eek::eek::p

Not at all.:lol::lol:

It was just a generic message to those who have PM'd and texted who didn't get a reply. This is the reason why.;)

A.:D

Ivano
9th February 2009, 02:57 PM
Glad to hear that you seem to be getting better... :thumbs up:

Scottie
9th February 2009, 07:05 PM
Not at all.:lol::lol:

It was just a generic message to those who have PM'd and texted who didn't get a reply. This is the reason why.;)

just as well.:p:smilewinkgrin:

Crombers
10th February 2009, 12:25 PM
Right, get yourself back on the mend, feet up, chill & feckin relax :yes nod:.

Any stories of "I was out waxing my car" etc etc & the Crew witll be down to give you a leatherin :moonie:

AndyP & Lenore
11th February 2009, 12:15 AM
Right, get yourself back on the mend, feet up, chill & feckin relax :yes nod:.

Any stories of "I was out waxing my car" etc etc & the Crew witll be down to give you a leatherin :moonie:

Funny you should say that. I was out washin' the FL2 today. But I am feeling much better.

Blue MINI tomorrow.:thumbs up:

Crombers
11th February 2009, 10:15 AM
Funny you should say that. I was out washin' the FL2 today. But I am feeling much better.

:shut up:

Gismo
11th February 2009, 10:18 AM

:shut up:Just goes to show, he's not ill, he's insane :eek: :shut up: :thumbs up:

Crombers
11th February 2009, 10:48 AM
Just goes to show, he's not ill, he's insane :eek: :shut up: :thumbs up:

Agreed, a first class, 'rocket' :sad: :frown:

AndyP & Lenore
11th February 2009, 10:51 AM
:shut up:

Just goes to show, he's not ill, he's insane :eek: :shut up: :thumbs up:

Agreed, a first class, 'rocket' :sad: :frown:

Starting to agree with you.:shut up: Feel like sh!t today.:sad: Oh dear.:sad:

Ah well, back to the couch.:sad:

A.:sad:

Craig
11th February 2009, 11:05 AM
Jude is going to kick yer heid in on sunday cos you were supposed to be taking it easy ya pillock. ! :frown:

Mini Ecosse
11th February 2009, 11:17 AM
Sorry to hear you have been under the weather.
Get well soon
Surprised there have not been any comments about "man flu".

Stephen