PDA

View Full Version : Neons?? anybody fitted some

Fontal
19th April 2004, 11:49 PM
Has anybody fitted a set of neons to a MINI yet:question:

I know that they are not to every ones taste but I think if they are fitted correctly and in the right place under the car then they can look not to bad.

What do you all think:question::question:

Bazthemod
20th April 2004, 12:08 AM
We were thinking of doing this to but we'll wait till our new MINI :D

weefossy
20th April 2004, 07:03 AM
Have helped my son fit them to his Corsa and to his mates' Clio and Punta. They seemed to go on easy enough. Side ones were a lot easier than the front and back. Hardest part is getting the wiring into the switch in the dashboard. They do look great, but watch "The Law"....they particularly don't like the blue ones!!

Gismo
20th April 2004, 07:06 AM
I gotta hold my hand up here, i never ever thought i would like them, but, having attended a wee cruise in Aberdeen some of the cars had them fitted, some were done very neatly and blended in well, others were 8)

Not my cup of tea but if it's what you like, go for it :cool:

Willie M
20th April 2004, 03:14 PM
<Enters flashback mode to the 1st Heartbeat Run, Scarborough Esplanade and the white BMW325i with the purple neons> :eek::eek: AAaaarrgghh!!! ;):D

Must agree with Alan though, I've seen a couple of cars around Falkirk that actually look pretty cool with the neons. Think the MINI could certainly look the part with a 'tasteful' set of neons.

You go for it Richard :cool:

seany
21st April 2004, 09:56 PM
i have the green neons under the car, easy to fit.

Fontal
21st April 2004, 10:45 PM
I was having a look last night under the car the side ones look easy enought to fit out of sight but the rear one, I don't know:( I was thinking of fitting the front one behind the plastic flap that comes from the bumper.

Any pictures would be good
What type of neons did you get Seany:question: and where did you get them from:question:
how did you get the wire in to the cabin and how do you power it:question:

Cheers for any info and pics

Richard

seany
21st April 2004, 10:54 PM
dont have pictures,
not show
halfords
though boot

KenL
21st April 2004, 11:12 PM
I think they look cheap and nasty and should not be allowed anywhere near a quality vehicle like the MINI :eek::D:D:D

Wul
21st April 2004, 11:16 PM
So you're not getting pink ones for your golf then Ken?

:p

seany
21st April 2004, 11:20 PM
hee hee

KenL
22nd April 2004, 12:04 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

So you're not getting pink ones for your golf then Ken?

Pink? I didn't realise they came in pink :I