PDA

View Full Version : Ianking......

Smitty
5th February 2009, 09:23 PM
.....is there something your not sharing with the lovely people on this forum :p

Surely I'm not the only one to notice the cheeky R56 JCW S in your signature :eek:

I think it's time to show and tell!! :bigwave: :yes nod:

Scottie
5th February 2009, 09:26 PM
I noticed a couple mins ago.

N12 JLK
5th February 2009, 09:58 PM
I was told to keep my mouth shut aswell, just couldn't wait to show it off

ianking
5th February 2009, 10:02 PM
ah yes I have changed the car. I am picking it up tomorrow in Leeds. Driving the 130 down and hot footing back up in the JCW

N12 JLK
5th February 2009, 10:05 PM
Take it they Sorted the wee problem, are you going yourself. Better be clean for my shot in it. On my iPod touch in the hotel

N12 JLK
5th February 2009, 10:09 PM
Bring your camera over on sat and we can get some nice pics of the two chilli reds together, remember our two chilli red coopers

ianking
5th February 2009, 10:13 PM
I'm on my iPod as well as the computer is kaput. It's a pain in the ar$e posting with this thing.
Yeah they have done the recall but can't bring deliver it until next week so Sarah and I are driving down

N12 JLK
5th February 2009, 10:16 PM
How long will that take

Smitty
5th February 2009, 10:41 PM
And the first thing you'll be doing when you get it back home will be cleaning all the nasty salt off it and giving it a damm good wax I hope? :thumbs up:

ianking
5th February 2009, 10:53 PM
I am hoping that it's warm enough to wash it down on sat

stoney
5th February 2009, 11:23 PM
well done mr king i would love one but happy tuneing my jcw the now

Gismo
6th February 2009, 01:07 AM
I noticed the sig but dismissed it, nice one, welcome back, you gonna keep this one longer :Whistle:

Scottie
6th February 2009, 01:10 AM
can I now say Ian King is worse than me:clap::clap::D:D

Gismo
6th February 2009, 01:11 AM
can I now say Ian King is worse than me:clap::clap::D:D:frown: :lol:

Scottie
6th February 2009, 01:14 AM
can I now say Ian King is worse than me:clap::clap::D:D

:frown: :lol:

:argh::argh::sad::sad:

ianking
6th February 2009, 08:42 AM
yeah planning on keeping this car for a good bit longer. Keep loosing too much on cars. Was never away though as had my R50

Crombers
6th February 2009, 08:56 AM
Nice one, very very nice one :thumbs up:. But should you not be saving up yer pennies for other things :Whistle:

RyanK
6th February 2009, 09:57 AM
Nice one congrats. Love the new jcw's

gauldrymini
6th February 2009, 11:32 AM
Nice one Ian...another one to the fold;)

Andrew

Mini Ecosse
6th February 2009, 12:30 PM
Yeah they have done the recall

What was the recall for?

Stephen

N12 JLK
6th February 2009, 06:09 PM
What was the recall for?

Stephen

They had to beef up the suspension to take the weight of his wallet

Crombers
6th February 2009, 06:49 PM
I am hoping that it's warm enough to wash it down on sat

It's gonna be a 'warm' February folks :rolleyes:

Scottie
6th February 2009, 07:21 PM
ah yes I have changed the car. I am picking it up tomorrow in Leeds. Driving the 130 down and hot footing back up in the JCW

well ??? are you home yet? pics?

badwolf340
6th February 2009, 08:03 PM
nice colour Ian,hope you enjoy, :thumbs up::thumbs up:

Neil and Lorna
6th February 2009, 08:09 PM
Good looking car there Ian.:D

Gonna be triplets on the runs now.:D

Also interested in what the recall was about.:sad:

I take it you didn't go for the silver one at HB's.

Neil.:D:D

Craig
6th February 2009, 09:08 PM
cannae believe that Sarah still hasn't got a ring on her finger, but you get to change expensive cars every 9 months :moonie::eek::Whistle:

What is the spec of the car Ian?

Red and black is always a good combo :thumbs up:

N12 JLK
6th February 2009, 10:38 PM

Gonna be triplets on the runs now.:D

Also interested in what the recall was about.:sad:

You, ian who has the other red jcw

ianking
6th February 2009, 10:43 PM
Recall was something to do with the brakes.

Back up the road now.

Really enjoyed driving the 130 down and thought at one point 'Am I doing the right thing'
Then saw the JCW sitting at the handover bay for me and thought 'yes I am doing the right thing'.

The car was purchased from Scotthall in Leeds. It was their managers car. I had thought it was ex mini fleet but it ends up they are in the same reg number area as Thorne distribution centre.

2008 08 reg
Its a chilli pack
Leather punch
heated seats
hi-fi upgrade
multi function wheel
basic bluetooth with USB
red colour line
tracker

needs a right good detail though as the dealer uses a roller wash :eek:.

Only problem was that when they were parking it up for my arrival the boy fell over and clatered off the side of the car and scratched the door. They are arranging with Eastern bodyshop so that I can take it in there to get repaired and for Eastern to send them the bill. I will wait to detail it until after this is done. But hats off to Scotthall for their honesty. The salesman also ran out and took my tax off the BMW and told me to cash it back in. I would have forgotten. There is about £60 still left. Every penny counts!

Its the first car I have had that actually did get a full tank of fuel as requested and there was a nice bunch of flowers in the boot for my lady.

Will do my best to wash and dry it off tomorrow then will take a couple of pics.

Neil and Lorna
6th February 2009, 10:44 PM

Mr & Mrs Harper:D

N12 JLK
6th February 2009, 10:44 PM
cannae believe that Sarah still hasn't got a ring on her finger, but you get to change expensive cars every 9 months :moonie::eek::Whistle:

What is the spec of the car Ian?

Red and black is always a good combo :thumbs up:

I know it has balck leather seats, heated seats, bluetooth, i-pod gubbins.

Scottie
6th February 2009, 10:46 PM
The salesman also ran out and took my tax off the BMW and told me to cash it back in. I would have forgotten. There is about £60 still left. Every penny counts!

all dealers have to do that now.

ianking
6th February 2009, 10:48 PM

No ended up I didnt (if was Harry Fairbairns in Irvine). I actually was about to call them and leave a deposit when the girl ended up calling me to see if I wanted it and she was rather rude and her attitude wasnt the best so I didnt feel that I should give them the business. I wont be shopping at them in the future. I also had a friend who was in the area pop in to HF and look over the car for me. He wasnt impressed with their attitude either.

Gismo
6th February 2009, 10:54 PM
Ok, so why did you buy another mini? Me julie's askin :p

N12 JLK
6th February 2009, 10:55 PM

He thinks he looks good in a mini, oh the cars what your talking about sorry.

Scottie
6th February 2009, 11:03 PM

surely being with you, your Julie should already know the answer to that question.:smilewinkgrin::p

ianking
6th February 2009, 11:03 PM

Tried other things and just couldnt stay away from the MINIs. Plus the good runs organised on here makes for a plus as well. :D

MINI William
6th February 2009, 11:08 PM

My Mum and Dad :smilewinkgrin:

Looking very nice Ian & Sarah :thumbs up:

Scottie
6th February 2009, 11:10 PM
what's the cost for insurance for you Ian ? cheaper than the 130 or about the same must cost a bob or two as your still young?

ianking
6th February 2009, 11:14 PM
Its cheaper than the 130 to insure and not too bad in reality as I only have 3 years no claims. My Mum insured my cars when I was younger and that helped build up some history for me with direct line.

Scottie
6th February 2009, 11:18 PM
Its cheaper than the 130 to insure and not too bad in reality as I only have 3 years no claims. My Mum insured my cars when I was younger and that helped build up some history for me with direct line.

only 3 years no claims:eek::eek: yikes must cost a bomb:sad::sad: well a bomb for me I think I'm something like 290 for my cooper with the max no claims

ianking
6th February 2009, 11:19 PM
Im not much more than double what you pay

Scottie
6th February 2009, 11:22 PM
Im not much more than double what you pay

oh well in a positive note it will only get cheaper the older you get:smilewinkgrin:

N12 JLK
6th February 2009, 11:44 PM
only 3 years no claims:eek::eek: yikes must cost a bomb:sad::sad: well a bomb for me I think I'm something like 290 for my cooper with the max no claims

We are only £300 for our S with More Th>n, well I have someone who is in the inside there.

Craig
7th February 2009, 09:42 PM
Thanks for coming round Ian - good doing business with you and glad the new motor is already sporting it's NMS sticker :thumbs up:

thanks for a wee shottie in the motor, sounds really nice and a good bit of poke out of the engine. ;):smilewinkgrin: I was trying to get it to pop as we went past the polis station :Whistle:

All the best with it. :thumbs up::thumbs up: Hope you enjoy the :beer::beer: tonight

Scottie
7th February 2009, 10:28 PM
We are only £300 for our S with More Th>n, well I have someone who is in the inside there.

I have 9 point though well 6 but 9 for insurance as you have to state the last 5 years.

Bumble
8th February 2009, 06:21 PM
very nice Ian!

GP BILLY
9th February 2009, 12:45 AM
Lovely car Ian:thumbs up::thumbs up:
Have seen the one you were talking about in Irvine...(it a very nice car)
but not a nice as that red one you now have:D

Went there a few weeks ago with the wife:rolleyes:
she was going to trade in the parklane for the GP they
had....... but it was sold the day before:frown::frown: