PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe it!

camjay
3rd February 2009, 06:17 PM
Hi folks. I'm nearly crying writing this. :frown: Had my mini only 4 months and need a new bonnet already. I was driving to work on the M8 this morning and a big lorry was going by and I heard an almight bang. I didn't quite get what happened and to be honest by the time I got to work I'd forgotten all about it. Anyway, when I finished work, I noticed 2 great big chunks out the bonnet - too big for any repairs - new bonnet required! :frown::frown:

Craig
3rd February 2009, 06:23 PM
bummer...:frown::frown:

hope that doesn't happen to me cos I have to drive to Glasgow the next 3 days... :rolleyes:

euan
4th February 2009, 10:06 AM
It's one of those things I dread, it's an absolute nightmare!

My old car got quite a few dings from stuff falling off lorries, was always a worry as you never know what it is, or where it's going to go! When I'm passing them I try and make sure there is a lane between us, but it's not always possible and you can't avoid these things as much as you'd like to think you can.

Just a real nightmare, hope you get if fixed soon!

korky
4th February 2009, 05:34 PM
My first mini had a new bonnet at the tender age of six weeks when a chunk of our chimney fell off and landed right on top. As with your story, could've been worse. Could have been fatal! It took the second new bonnet (in fact, complete new front end after my other half planted it in a sturdy fence) to cure those characteristic squeaks and rattles the '02 models have. I'm sure it will be at least as good as new when you get it back.

:yes nod: