PDA

View Full Version : Hi, Do dealers do the Cooper S fuel cap mod?

Stewart
1st February 2009, 07:58 PM
Hi, Do dealers do the Cooper S fuel cap mod?

GCA3N
1st February 2009, 08:31 PM
This mod is so easy, I bought the kit for £80, spray paint and finish coat £10, and 30-40 minutes. If i say so myself it is spot on. The unit comes primed and the finish you get with the spray is perfect,( as good as a pro, getting big headed now) I live in largs ayrshire I would help you do this mod if you wanted, just let me know.:thumbs up:

Stewart
1st February 2009, 08:53 PM
Cheers for that :thumbs up:...I'm just thinking what I'd like to do in a few months and the S Cap just looks so much better.

Just hopeless with things like this. I take it its just the same for the R56 Mini’s….took a look at that guy doing it on the web and once he started jacking the car up and removing screws I thought ball’s that’s not for me and he had it the inner pre-sprayed. I kid you not I have your tax disc holder and apart from polishing the inside of the window I’m crapping out of doing it and that’s just a £10 thing that sticks onto the window. :blush:

GCA3N
1st February 2009, 09:03 PM
Well I can lend a hand to pretty much most things and to be honest it is just having the nerve to give it a try. I mean it really is'nt rocket sience. You'll get folk saying you should'nt mess with these things ( ie servicing, brake pad/disk change, and so on) but to be honest there's not alot in it. A haynes manual and a socket set and you are ready to go. I work offshore so I have loads of time on my hands when i am at home, my next month off will be in april, so if you are looking to get this done let me know. If you want to check my conversion out to see what I mean then be my guest :thumbs up:

audrey
2nd February 2009, 12:16 AM
Got my S cap fitted at Douglas Park in Hamilton can't remember exactly how much it cost but if you're thinking of maybe getting it done there let me know and i'll look out the receipt know it wasn't cheap.If I would have known someone who could have did the job for me would have taken them up on their offer hope this helps :thumbs up:

Crombers
2nd February 2009, 10:15 AM
Got my S cap fitted at Douglas Park in Hamilton can't remember exactly how much it cost but if you're thinking of maybe getting it done there let me know and i'll look out the receipt know it wasn't cheap.If I would have known someone who could have did the job for me would have taken them up on their offer hope this helps :thumbs up:

Bet it was'nt cheap. I'd take a guess that it would be in the 3 to £400 pound bracket for BMW/MINI to rob/steal from you.

GCA3N
2nd February 2009, 11:52 AM
Alot of money for what i origonally thought was a hard mod. Very straight forward, if anyone else is wanting this done, i am sure that we can sort something out:thumbs up: