PDA

View Full Version : Safe mode....me no like!!

Julz
19th April 2004, 03:59 PM
Well, after spending a couple of hours watching the ducks at the trout fishery in Bridge of Earn on friday, while BabyB did a little posing for the cameras, it was time for a few action shots. Started up the engine, farted about trying to move her out of the awkward place I was sent and reversed up a hill to drive back down again, and again, and again......ANYWAY, by the time I had reversed up this lovely hill, I looked at my bit that would be called a dashboard, but isn't really, and saw that my wee engine light and management light was on!!:dead: Lifted the bonnet, poked about a bit, phoned JC's (they're not God, can't diagnose over the phone!!) and decided to call it a day (photographer was a bit miffed cause he hadn't taken enough moving shots, but tough!!). It was only when I started to actually drive that I realised my power was non-existant!! Barely no revs over 2000rpm and a top speed (on the flat) of about 45mph, not much fun going uphill onto the motorway!!

We were horrified, being overtaken by lorries, BabyB was so ashamed!!:disapprove: Managed to roll into Grassicks who were wonderfully helpful. It only took about 30mins for them to find a loose connection between the electrical bitties and the engine and she was purring again, much to the joy of the mechanic who got to take her out for a test run, now he knows what a real modified engine should go like (he appeared to be very impressed with her, especially in comparison to Hartge and JCW!!:p).

Anyway, we don't want to do that again!! Not nice!!:dead: But a very big thankyou to everyone at Grassicks!!;):D

Mini goes in search of Vespa power, finds it, gives it back, The End.

KenL
19th April 2004, 04:42 PM
Well done Grassicks - they sound like a really good dealer.

Bazthemod
20th April 2004, 12:34 AM
Watch it with the Vespa remarks Julz! :p Ill get the mods on you!;)
http://www.bazthemod.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/scoot.gif

100 POSTS WOOHOO CATCHING-UP ON YOU GUYS! :cool::D:cool:

Linda M
20th April 2004, 12:52 AM
Poor BabyB :( But she's better now :D

monkimagic
20th April 2004, 08:52 AM
What ta hell is that ????

Willie M
20th April 2004, 03:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by monkimagic

What ta hell is that ????
That's Baz's company car :D:cool:

Starky
20th April 2004, 10:14 PM
Looks like you've got all the angles covered there Baz.

Big Gordy
20th April 2004, 10:30 PM
You ever ridden one of those things :eek: Bl@@dy awful. Take it outside and run it over with a steam roller :evil: How we will find out who are the 'mods' and who are the 'rockers' and as you all should know by now I'm a ROCKER............:p:D:approve:

Bazthemod
20th April 2004, 11:55 PM
quote:and as you all should know by now I'm a ROCKER............ OHHHH DEAR!!! :eek:

It's war :evil::D:blackeye:

Well must admit the T5 isny mine it my mates considering i aint old enough to drive those!:( I'll be gettin mine in December when im 16 and go on the hunt for you rockers!!!!!:evil::D

Anyone fancy a MINI run to Brighton?:cool: Big Gordy will understand;)

Have you seen Quadrophenia you lot?

Burple
21st April 2004, 12:26 AM
quote:
Anyone fancy a MINI run to Brighton?:cool: Big Gordy will understand;)
Have you seen Quadrophenia you lot?

heh...only about 7 times.... :D:D:D
Lesley Ash!! Wuff Wuff!!! :D:D:D

Wul
21st April 2004, 01:01 AM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1
heh...only about 7 times.... :D:D:D
Lesley Ash!! Wuff Wuff!!! :D:D:D

What with those lips!:p:evil:

Hey don't forget this film features a certain geordie singer/muscians best ever performance!LOL!:p:evil:;)

Why oh why did they make the T5 with the gear change from a Grifter?;)

Used to like racing them on my Suzuki GP100!:p

monkimagic
22nd April 2004, 02:35 AM
I have a PX125 but very much origianl and only two mirrors