PDA

View Full Version : Rejecting An MCS!!!!!!!!

cpmac
19th April 2004, 10:13 AM
Has anyone tried to reject their MCS due to the dreaded yoyo????? I've had enough of the problem on my July 03 build which I've had from new,the problem been witnessed & accepted by the dealer! Been reprogrammed twice already with no effect.Would really want it exchanged for a new MCS (trouble free) if thats possible???????
If no one has what would be the law concerning the matter? Would be grateful for any help!!!

Wul
19th April 2004, 05:16 PM
I think you may struggle to reject cpmac - legally after a few weeks MINI only have to sort the problem the Sale of Goods act mean you only get a few weeks to reject i'm afraid.

Doesn't stop you trying though - start writing to the dealer and MINI head office and enclose a list of the number of time your car has been in to the dealers/ durations etc and tell them you are concerned for your safety and the cars "fitness for purpose" etc.

weefossy
20th April 2004, 07:19 AM
There have been several posts in the past on this subject, if you can get access to them, it may be helpful. We successfully returned a very bad Cooper and got a MCS in a replacement deal. I don't think there is a time limit, but when you get a serious problem you have to draw a line and refuse to have it repaired. the stance is to show that the vehicle is "not fit for purpose". Every time you let them fix it, they get off the hook. Get all your facts documented and stick at it, because it's worth it when you get a good car.