PDA

View Full Version : how do you like your steak cooked ?

stoney
30th January 2009, 05:07 PM
as title

how do you like your steak

do you wreck it by cooking the living day lights out it ??:ragin:

or is it still mooing when it hits your plate :clap:

or some where in between ???

poll above :thumbs up:

i like mine done med/rare nice and pink in the middle ;)

also what is your fave is it fillet or sirloin

best steak i have had is a Buccleuch fillet of beef hung for 21 days yum yum :D:D

stoney

AndyP & Lenore
30th January 2009, 05:12 PM
Medium is just fine. A tiny bit of pink in the middle, but no blood running out.

A.:thumbs up:

Gismo
30th January 2009, 05:15 PM
Cremated :thumbs up:

stoney
30th January 2009, 05:16 PM
Medium is just fine. A tiny bit of pink in the middle, but no blood running out.

A.:thumbs up:

blood should not run out of a med/rare steak if it rested right the meat will abzorb the blood and make it nice and moist you should only get blood with rare or blue steak :thumbs up: i can eat it that way as well :thumbs up:

stoney
30th January 2009, 05:17 PM
Cremated :thumbs up:

yuk what a waste of a good bit of meet :hand: you bad man :moonie:

mini saltire
30th January 2009, 05:25 PM
You can stick your Fillet and Sirloin, give me a piece of Rib Eye anyday:thumbs up:, loads of flavour and nice and tender, washed down with a nice glass of red:clap::clap: Jeeez I just drooled on my keyboard!!:frown:

Gismo
30th January 2009, 05:25 PM
yuk what a waste of a good bit of meet :hand: you bad man :moonie:When you've eaten in the coutries that i have you don't have to worry about the lack of cooking the red part inside, it's the flies and roaches that lay their eggs in unattended meat that needs to be killed off by cooking :Whistle:

Mini Ecosse
30th January 2009, 05:29 PM
Medium :thumbs up:

Burple
30th January 2009, 05:50 PM
Slap it and wipe it's ar$e..

Lol... no. got to be well done! :thumbs up:

euan
30th January 2009, 06:13 PM
I'm a medium/rare person myself. Worked down from the cremation stage though! Not much phases me now with it, but I do find that most places will over do a steak as they leave it under those lamps and it just keeps cooking!

Best steak I ever had was in France, randomly in a fish restaurant! Love a good fillet, but if I had the choice I'd go for venison over steak anytime.

Ferengo
30th January 2009, 06:13 PM
Med to well done for me, also I do like it New York style (Bacon, Cheese and BBQ sauce).

Sheilz
30th January 2009, 07:25 PM
Medium for me but minimum pinkness. Prefer game and fish to beef.

Scottie
30th January 2009, 07:43 PM
burnt for me inside and out.

Fillet but butterfly cut.

illegalhunter
30th January 2009, 08:21 PM
I like mine just about burnt

The Dogfather
30th January 2009, 08:48 PM
I usually order mine rare but it always ends up medium. I would like medium rare but not many places manage to get that right.

Neil and Lorna
31st January 2009, 11:38 AM
Rare for me.:thumbs up:

Well done for Lorna.:cool:

Neil.:D

Crombers
31st January 2009, 11:52 AM
Still with a heartbeat please :yes nod:

N12 JLK
31st January 2009, 02:47 PM
Medium for me and a nice fillet with a glass of red wine and some peppercorn sauce.

Mmmmmmmmmmm

rpn
31st January 2009, 07:04 PM
Can I get some chips with it please! :smilewinkgrin:

Fairy
31st January 2009, 07:04 PM
Love a good sirloin like with garlic sauce mmm - its gotta be cremated though - the tiniest bit of red and it gets sent back :frown:
Would highly recommend McKirdys Steak House in Edinburgh - its the do-dars :thumbs up: Award winning family restaurant (would walk there if I had to - although little bit pricey but well worth the money:D)

Scottie
31st January 2009, 07:14 PM
I had a steak tonight with garlic butter melting on top and it was yummy.

Forbes
2nd February 2009, 01:02 AM
Had steaks the last 2 nights and they have to be well done (waste ones from work only £1 for 6 sirloins).