stoney
29th January 2009, 10:26 PM
well just read below :yes nod: this is my story :thumbs up:

thanx to my mom who is good at this kind of thing :thumbs up:

letter sent to lloyds bmw

Dear Mr Matthews

RE Mini Cooper – S JCW

I purchased the mini above from you in 2007
And have regularly returned to your dealership for servicing, warranty problems and general queries regarding the car, and have always been very happy with the level of service and customer care that I have received from Lloyd motors.

Unfortunately however my car was returned to you in October 2008 for a rust problem at the back, and a new tailgate was fitted.
Some weeks later I came to go home from a friends house and the car as I thought “stalled” and would not re-start. I called the AA out and the car was transported back to my parents house (I do not have a garage) and because there was no power going to the car I could not lock it or wind a window up that was down. The AA man found the boot to be very wet and suggested I look for a leak!!
I asked a friend who is a mechanic what they thought the problem was, and after a few checks, I found that the area where the battery goes in the boot was deep in water, and the battery cable was totally rusted.
A makeshift job was done in order to get the car mobile, and after the Christmas/new year period, I booked the car in to get what I thought to be a leak around the rear window sealed.
I took the car into RAC at Motherwell; I got a phone call from them asking if I had had any rear end work done to the car?? as there were NO rubber grommets or seals around the back window. I explained that the car had been fitted with a new tailgate, and they suggested that this was what had caused the problem, and that I should contact the garage that had done the initial repair.
I collected my car, and contacted yourselves.
I was told for my convenience to take the car to Parks Mini at Hamilton, I did this and after some telephone calls, they told me that they were unwilling to do the work and to return to Lloyds.
I did this on Saturday 16th January, and the grommets etc were fitted.
I asked what was to happen regarding getting the battery cable being renewed and fitted, as quite obviously the damage was due to the flooding of the boot.

HERE STARTS MY PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!
I was told that the water would have been there for much longer than between you fitting the tailgate and the car failing – OK, so why when the tailgate was fitted did
NO - ONE tell me about the problem.
I was then told - the water would have been there for a “very long time” to rust the cable as it had – so therefore surely it would have been a WARRANTY problem.
I was told that leave it with them and they would get it checked. I left the rusted cable with the body shop.
I received a phone call last week saying there’s nothing you can do and warranty will no longer cover it.

I AM SO DISSAPPOINTED that you are trying to pass this over. I spend a lot of money with you not just on servicing etc, but on petrol travelling 90 miles each way down and up to Carlisle. This problem was NOT caused by me, and should have been picked up on one of the many occasions that the car has been in your workshop

This is the second Mini that I’ve purchased from you.
Initially I came to you as my sister Amanda Moore worked for Lloyd, and she obviously recommended you.
I have been very happy with the customer care I have had, in fact I regularly recommend you to the Mini Club Scotland and I actively encourage people to use you, as I have up until now have found your attitude and service far exceed that of Parks Motor Group up here in Hamilton.
My parents also deal with your BMW dealership, and I know that my mother is at present looking to purchase a Mini.
I get married this year, but when funds are improved my fiancé also wants her own wee Mini.
It would be a great pity if as a family we now have to look to another BMW/Mini dealership to take our business to, however there are others in Stirling, Glasgow and Dundee, who during the present financial climate I’m sure would happily have our business.
I really hope that this situation can be rectified and we carry on dealing with Lloyds -Carlisle

Yours sincerely

Robert Stone

this was posted yesterday fist class

and to my delight at about 9 30am ish i got a phone call form lloyds bmw to say that they would replace the part and fit it as a GOGW :thumbs up: so i am one happy chappie

well done to them :thumbs up:

just thort i would this share with you all what a well worded letter can do :thumbs up:

stoney

N12 JLK
29th January 2009, 10:37 PM
Well done Rob.

Craig
29th January 2009, 10:47 PM
aye Rob, sometimes telling them what they may be missing is the right way to go. Glad you got a result :thumbs up::yes nod:

rpn
29th January 2009, 10:48 PM
Glad you got sorted although with a bit of bother.

Gismo
29th January 2009, 10:50 PM
It's a shame you had to go to that length in the first place, but, thumbs up to them for offering to sort you out, though, as a GOGW i'd be still thinking about taking my business elsewhere :yes nod:

stoney
29th January 2009, 11:33 PM
It's a shame you had to go to that length in the first place, but, thumbs up to them for offering to sort you out, though, as a GOGW i'd be still thinking about taking my business elsewhere :yes nod:

well as long as it gets fixed i plan on keeping this one anyway :D

Crombers
30th January 2009, 09:44 AM
Another happy ending :clap:

When MINI finally offered my power steering pump FOC (at four & a bit years old), I reckoned it was party down to being calm in all communications that helped in a big way :thumbs up:

Stay calm peeps, it may work for you ;)

AndyP & Lenore
30th January 2009, 11:52 AM
Yeah, what crombers said.

You did absolutely the right thing Rob, keeping calm, putting your grievance in writing and stating your case in a sensible and reasonable manner.

Well done that lad.:thumbs up:

A.:D

ELFMAN
30th January 2009, 12:46 PM
Proof that for once at least, the Pen can be mightier than the Sword! Still, I'd have a sword as a standby.

At least the dealer has had the courtesy (and savvy) to keep a good customer happy. They had much more to lose by refusing to show some goodwill. Glad it's working out.

bazzaric
30th January 2009, 02:12 PM
I hope the pen is mightier than the sword, my Sword is a nightmare to clean..

My letter to Arnold Clarks today:

Dear Mr (Sales Manager),
I purchased a Mini Cooper from your garage on the 14th of December 2008 registration number XX XXX. The salesperson that I dealt with was (Dumbass1). At the time, I was informed that the car had been through its MOT on the 9th November, but they were still awaiting both the MOT certificate and the spare key for the car. I expected to have all the documentation with the car on the 14th of December 2008, I was happy to wait a week or so to get these items sent through to me. Unfortunately, we are now at the 28th of January 2009, 45 days after the estimated date for receiving everything purchased.
I understand that the problem is with the original seller of the vehicle and that (Dumbass1) and (Dumbass2) (who originally ‘brought the car in’) have tried several times to get the correct documentation for the car. However, the lack of documentation has caused me significant difficulties with re-assigning my private registration, and the lack of a spare key has led to several tricky situations using only one key!
So, now that this has been put in writing, I would hope that the matter is resolved as per the terms and conditions of the contract. I would expect that if the documentation cannot be retrieved from the original owner of the car, that it is Arnold Clark’s responsibility to get a re-print of the MOT certificate and a spare key cut for the vehicle. I understand that this is what (Dumbass1) has proposed to do, and hopefully that will result in this situation being resolved.
I hope you can understand that without the MOT certificate, I have no proof that the car is under a valid MOT and that I cannot use the car as intended, so it was sold ‘not fit for purpose’. I would suggest that unless the above problems are resolved within 7 days of signing for this letter then I will have no choice but to return the car to the garage as per the Terms and Conditions of sale.
I would like to thank you for your help with these matters, and look forward to hearing from you imminently. I understand this is probably the first you have heard of this matter, but trust you will pass on to the relevant persons to take action.

Regards

Bazzaric (Firm but fair)

Gismo
30th January 2009, 04:11 PM
So, dumbass1 is called Steven :Whistle:

bazzaric
30th January 2009, 09:32 PM
Don't know what your on about :shut up:

Stewart
1st February 2009, 11:27 AM
I got a new Alloy and Tyre basically by sending an E-mail with my disappointment. I knew the tyre was strange when I was looking at the car as three were brand new looking and this one looked worn. Anyway when I went to collect the new car, the sales girl said the tyre was legal even if it had a huge rip up the side. Anyway got the car back to Glasgow from Stirling and it was in the back of my mind, but the more I looked the more annoyed I got. This one Alloy with this worn tyre was obviously a reconditioned Alloy that had found its way on to the car. Took the mini to my Local dealer and the service guy took a look and even said it was poor reconditioned job and a lot older model of tyre as the difference in the Balance weights etc between the others was obvious.

So email to Customer relations and asked to bring the car back to Menzies, showed the girl the Tyre and Alloy and she brought down a new Clubman and swapped it there and then. So drove with a smile. Its worth it as when I’m thinking about getting a new Mini I’d go back to them and depending on wither they would give me a Cooper S to try when my one goes in for its first service I will be going there.

scotboy
1st February 2009, 06:55 PM
got to say that i have always been happy with the customer service ive received from vardy's in seafield we had a few problems to be rectified when i first purchased ours and they never complained once about geting any of the work done, it always helps to keep your cool and try get to a reasonable solution rather than just going off on one.