PDA

View Full Version : Removing side indicators

lowrider
29th January 2009, 07:59 PM
Buying a set of clear indicators tomorrow and was wondering if anyone could advise me on the easiest way to remove the original ones ( I'm sure you lot must know the easiest way :thumbs up:) I was thinking about a flat head and prizing them out ?

Thanks, Andrew.

GCA3N
29th January 2009, 08:21 PM
Its a couple of years ago since i done this if i remember its just as you say, dead easy

mikeythemini
29th January 2009, 09:14 PM
1st or 2nd gen?

RyanK
29th January 2009, 09:35 PM
aye thats how I do it if its a first gen you have. flat head to the side nearest drivers door, and it should pop out with a little tug

Craig
29th January 2009, 10:24 PM
if it's first gen, then the easiest way is to open the bonnet and push the back end of the side repeater (nearest the bulb) out from the inside. Then it just sides out towards the back of the car... :yes nod:

if 2nd gen, then on the outside, just grap hold of the side repeater and push it towards the front of the car, it should then just pop out. :thumbs up:

hope this helps.:yes nod:

the back of the bulb holder just twists out, then just pop out the lens with a screw driver...

Crombers
30th January 2009, 09:48 AM
if it's first gen, then the easiest way is to open the bonnet and push the back end of the side repeater (nearest the bulb) out from the inside. Then it just sides out towards the back of the car... :yes nod:

if 2nd gen, then on the outside, just grap hold of the side repeater and push it towards the front of the car, it should then just pop out. :thumbs up:

hope this helps.:yes nod:

the back of the bulb holder just twists out, then just pop out the lens with a screw driver...

C'Mon the Pit Crew :thumbs up:

lowrider
30th January 2009, 06:54 PM
Easy job, thanks. My first mod. completed ha ha !
Looks better than the orange jobbies :yes nod:

Andrew.

Craig
30th January 2009, 07:04 PM
Easy job, thanks. My first mod. completed ha ha !
Looks better than the orange jobbies :yes nod:

Andrew.

Happy to Help ;)