PDA

View Full Version : Stena Line

Scottie
29th January 2009, 07:35 PM
:eek::eek:

What about that truck then.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/default.stm

The driver must have left the truck in N.? can you leave a big truck in N? with the hand brake of.

Somebody will be in trouble. I don't think it's been chock or chained.

Mini Ecosse
29th January 2009, 07:45 PM
Not sure but I think if engine off =no air for brakes and they then go into fail safe mode ie brakes applied.
However I am sure someone will be along soon with the right answer.

Scottie
29th January 2009, 09:45 PM
I hope they have let any of the car passengers who have their dogs in the car to go down and get them up and out.

Your not allowed your dog upstairs in that ferry as the only bit you can get out is the smoking bay at the rear of the ship.

MrMischief
29th January 2009, 10:23 PM
Not sure but I think if engine off =no air for brakes and they then go into fail safe mode ie brakes applied.
However I am sure someone will be along soon with the right answer.

Yep that's right, once it drops the brakes are completely locked on. There's been a few trucks in our yard where the driver's have forgotten to disengage the brakes - or have had the trailer brakes on when (un)loading, and they really can not go anywhere :hand:

Having said that, the truck could have slid on the surface of the ship with the wheels locked, so they obviously never tethered it. :Whistle:

Crombers
30th January 2009, 09:57 AM
We had two units & trailers parked close by bound for two Sainsbury stores in Northern Ireland. Needless to say all stock is now gubbed & the knock on effect is still being felt :argh: