PDA

View Full Version : MOT and Road Tax

rpn
29th January 2009, 12:27 PM
:confused:

How long must the MOT certificate valid for before you can tax your car? e.g. Say the MOT expires on the 5th May, can you tax your car from the beginning of May?

(yes, I have all the intentions to MOT the car on or before the expiry date!) :p

Big Gordy
29th January 2009, 01:14 PM
That might be a bit tight for renewing:Whistle:
You can MOT your car one calendar month before its renewal date I believe.....so anytime after the 5th of April :thumbs up: The same applies for the road tax.....so anytime after the 5th April you can apply for its road tax as well. Its dead easy doing it on-line as well.

Ivano
29th January 2009, 02:19 PM
I thought as long as you had a current valid MOT Certificate at the time when taxing the car ie for the 1st May and MOT expires 5th you were fine:confused::confused:

Gismo
29th January 2009, 03:53 PM
If you have a valid MOT you can tax your car, so your scenario is ok

Craig
29th January 2009, 06:22 PM

yeah, you could tax your car on the 31st April and if you MOT runs out on the 1st May your still covered. It only has to be valid on the day you tax the car.. ;)

ianking
29th January 2009, 09:13 PM
and for tax renewal it has to be after the 15th day of the month.

rpn
29th January 2009, 10:23 PM

Just what I thought. :thumbs up:

KenL
29th January 2009, 10:39 PM
yeah, you could tax your car on the 31st April and if you MOT runs out on the 1st May your still covered. It only has to be valid on the day you tax the car.. ;)

No you can't....as 30 days hath September, APRIL, June and November :hand:

Gismo
29th January 2009, 10:40 PM

No you can't....as 30 days hath September, APRIL, June and November :hand::blush: :moonie: ya fanny

Craig
29th January 2009, 10:50 PM
:blush: :moonie: ya fanny

yeah he is for not taking the reasoning behind it... ffs, you would think he had young mens cars to check for tyre tread, blue lights etc etc ;)

Gismo
29th January 2009, 10:52 PM
yeah he is for not taking the reasoning behind it... ffs, you would think he had young mens cars to check for tyre tread, blue lights etc etc ;)And the award for the worst back peddal goes to.......:D

Craig
29th January 2009, 10:56 PM
And the award for the worst back peddal goes to.......:D

and you can ram it....:moonie:

Crombers
30th January 2009, 09:46 AM
Gentlemen please , order :rolleyes:

KenL
30th January 2009, 07:09 PM
yeah he is for not taking the reasoning behind it... ffs, you would think he had young mens cars to check for tyre tread, blue lights etc etc ;)

No, I think Gismo referrred to you as said f***y :p

I was only joking, ya **** - fill the blanks as you see fit :D

Craig
30th January 2009, 07:21 PM
aye, but this week at work has been shall we say "stressful" and by yesterday wasn't really sure if I was getting a £10k pay cut and having to work from Glasgow, so my sense of humour had left me with all the stress..:frown::frown::frown:

lets just say, I apologise if I caused any offence to the wind up merchants ;)

this year is going to be a lot of changes and none of them seem to be for the better... :frown::frown::argh:

anyway, I'll pick up my toys and get back in my pram. :shut up::rolleyes::thumbs up:

KenL
30th January 2009, 07:25 PM
Sorry to hear that Craig - hope everything works out OK for you :sad:

Craig
30th January 2009, 07:50 PM
Sorry to hear that Craig - hope everything works out OK for you :sad:

Cheers, It's the not knowing that is the worse thing... I suppose I should just be grateful I have a job in the current climate, but that doesn't make it easy. :rolleyes:

Gismo
30th January 2009, 07:55 PM
lets just say, I apologise if I caused any offence to the wind up merchants ;):Whistle:
Seriously though, soz to hear about the job mate :frown: hope you're sorted

Scottie
30th January 2009, 07:56 PM
aye, but this week at work has been shall we say "stressful" and by yesterday wasn't really sure if I was getting a £10k pay cut and having to work from Glasgow, so my sense of humour had left me with all the stress..:frown::frown::frown:

lets just say, I apologise if I caused any offence to the wind up merchants ;)

this year is going to be a lot of changes and none of them seem to be for the better... :frown::frown::argh:

anyway, I'll pick up my toys and get back in my pram. :shut up::rolleyes::thumbs up:

sounds like your going through your own MOT and Road Tax.:thud:

:blush::blush: I'll get my coat.

Hope things work out for you, no point in worrying to much.:D