PDA

View Full Version : Tyre presure sensors

Fontal
18th April 2004, 06:36 PM
Does anyone else with aftermarket wheels and ultra low profile tyres have a constant problem with the warning light comming on:question:, I had to reset the system three times yesterday :mad:but there was no noticable difference in presure

GAJ
18th April 2004, 07:14 PM
When I changed my wheels the light came on the first time I hit the motorway. I thought that I had a puncture but I reset the sensor and it has all been fine since then. I don't know why this would happen as the sensors measure the relative speeds of rotation of the pair of wheels. I would have thought that as all wheels had been changed the sensor would not notice any difference. If anything you would think that the lower the profile of te tyre the less likely that the sensors would notice a difference. I'm sure someone will have a better explanation of why this might happen.

ascender
19th April 2004, 06:15 AM
No idea if I've got it on my car or not, but if its the same system as on the M3 then its a pain in the backside. It needed resetting frequeutly on the M3 when there was nothing at all wrong with the pressures. Total waste of time.