PDA

View Full Version : Heart Of The Borders V - Sunday 30th August 2009

AndyP & Lenore
26th January 2009, 11:01 PM
Heart Of The Borders is FIVE!

This year will be the fifth outing in the sunny Scottish Borders. Last years thread is to be found here (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=13521).

Run date is Sunday 30th August 2009

A few details on the run...

Info Update: Added/Changed 19th August...

Meet in ASDA Galashiels from 10AM for a 10.30 AM Departure. Run should end around 4.30pm.

The Run starts in Galashiels (ASDA Car Park), then meanders over some terrific hills out the Yarrow and Ettrick valleys, then we head back to Galashiels for lunch. Gala has a few eateries including A J D Witherspoons and other pubs and Cafe's. Or you could take a gamble on the weather and take a picnic. In the afternoon we head off across the countryside, past Scott's View, through Kelso (very picturesque) then up to Gordon and along the bottom of the Lammermuir hills towards Westruther, then back down into Lauder for drinkies (soft for the drivers) at a local hotel.

Info Update: Added 20th August... Suggested Lunch Venue
We will be eating at Quin's Coffee Shop in Galashiels. I've spoken to Quin's and they will be ready for a pile of customers coming in at once, for those who wish to join us. Quin's have a varied menu including the usual lunch fayre or Soup, Baguettes and sandwiches etc. Lenore and I eat there a fair bit and always had excellent service and top quality food. It's not the cheapest option in town, but you do get what you pay for. There's no table organised, it will just be a case of all piling in and being sat as we arrive. Quin's opens at 11.30am and start serving lunches from 12.30. We have allotted 90mins for lunch so this should be plenty of time.

Quin's is easy to find, right next to Tesco's and just along from the Pavilion Cinema. Google Map of Green Street, where Quin's is (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=55.614977,-2.805725&spn=0.002009,0.005681&z=18).

Info Update: Added 25th August...

DOWNLOAD RUN NOTES HERE (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/run_notes/2009/hob_route_notes_2009.pdf)
But they don't seem to be happy downloading for me in Chrome. Fine in IE, but not Chrome.:sad:

All those in favor say.... "Aye, aye me hearties!"

1. AndyP & Lenore
2. Neil & Lorna
3. Duncan & Helen
4. Craig & Jude
5. Crombers
6. Greig & Kim
7. The Harper Clan #1
8. The Harper Clan #2
9. L13ARG
10. David & Fiona
11. Elfman (maybe)
12. RossP
13. Ian King & Sarah
14. Bazthemod
15. Rob & Christine
16. shaunbhoy67
17. Ferengo
18. Sav112
19. Colin (CCM)
20. Countdown
21. minimad
22. Burple
23. David & Susan
24. Zimbo
25. Delboy
26. Enrique
27. AlanRobson
28. HiddenHobo
29. ?

Gismo
26th January 2009, 11:08 PM
No can do this year :frown:

Scottie
26th January 2009, 11:17 PM
no can do either:sad: going to limit my runs to three this year:sad:

Duncan Stewart
26th January 2009, 11:47 PM
I should make it this year :D Add Helen & me please

AndyP & Lenore
27th January 2009, 12:01 AM
I should make it this year :D Add Helen & me please

Thats you added Duncan.;)

A.

AndyP & Lenore
27th January 2009, 12:02 AM
No can do this year :frown:

Nae bother. I knew it wasn't gonna match your schedule, but not much can be done about it. Next year mebbie.

A.

AndyP & Lenore
27th January 2009, 12:04 AM
no can do either:sad: going to limit my runs to three this year:sad:

No probs Fi.

Don't think you've made the last dozen or so runs I've done anyway.:moonie::moonie::moonie::bigwave::frown: :hand::D

A.:D

Craig
27th January 2009, 09:06 AM
aye aye ...... just add us ;)

AndyP & Lenore
27th January 2009, 10:52 AM
aye aye ...... just add us ;)

Added.:thumbs up:

Crombers
27th January 2009, 12:26 PM
We're a maybe, shift depending.

GCA3N
27th January 2009, 01:16 PM
Not actually been on a run yet, slow starter:eek: :frown:, but this would be the 4th booked up this year :Dsounds gr8, stick greig and kim down thanks.:thumbs up:

MINI William
27th January 2009, 02:19 PM
Add the usal suspects please :D

AndyP & Lenore
27th January 2009, 02:54 PM
We're a maybe, shift depending.

Not actually been on a run yet, slow starter:eek: :frown:, but this would be the 4th booked up this year :Dsounds gr8, stick greig and kim down thanks.:thumbs up:

Add the usual suspects please :D

Added.:thumbs up: One or two cars?:confused:

MINI William
27th January 2009, 06:56 PM
Added.:thumbs up: One or two cars?:confused:

Dont be silly ...... Two cars :yes nod:

AndyP & Lenore
27th January 2009, 07:25 PM
Dont be silly ...... Two cars :yes nod:

Sorted.:yes nod:

N12 JLK
27th January 2009, 10:15 PM
can you add the Nicols to this run please.

AndyP & Lenore
27th January 2009, 11:04 PM
can you add the Nicols to this run please.

Done.:thumbs up:

D3 JDA
27th January 2009, 11:25 PM
can u add us to your list cheers enjoyed it last year pity bout the weather David & Fiona

AndyP & Lenore
28th January 2009, 12:32 AM
can u add us to your list cheers enjoyed it last year pity bout the weather David & Fiona

ELFMAN
28th January 2009, 09:18 AM
Andy, put me down as a 'maybe' - depends on when I'm off to Mull this year, need to check dates....

AndyP & Lenore
28th January 2009, 09:26 AM
Andy, put me down as a 'maybe' - depends on when I'm off to Mull this year, need to check dates....

Will do.:D

rosssp
28th January 2009, 10:01 AM
Yes please plus 1 more:thumbs up:

ianking
2nd February 2009, 11:37 AM
Sarah and me self please

AndyP & Lenore
2nd February 2009, 11:42 AM
Sarah and me self please

:thumbs up:

A.

Bumble
2nd February 2009, 08:56 PM
Me please!

AndyP & Lenore
2nd February 2009, 08:58 PM
Me please!

ELFMAN
3rd February 2009, 02:48 PM
Sorry Andy, just checked my dates, and I'll be driving back from Mull that day, with a car full of sand and holiday rubbish, so I'll have to give my apologies. Typical - bad things come in threes (at least!) but you're not allowed to have more than one good thing at a time... I know it'll be a cracker too.

AndyP & Lenore
3rd February 2009, 03:02 PM
Nae bother mate.:sad: We'll get you on a Borders run yet.:thumbs up:

ELFMAN
3rd February 2009, 05:15 PM
I think I've only managed ONE.... or I might be getting confused with one of Ian King's runs.... Anyway, sorry to miss this one, but at least I'll have had a week on a beautiful beach with Kylie. (Certain parts of this post could possibly be the product of a fevered and dillusional mind...)

AndyP & Lenore
3rd February 2009, 05:25 PM
lol.

You did manage the first one, but holidays and families and other things seem to have got in the way ever since.:sad:

Not to worry though. Maybe next year...:thumbs up:

ELFMAN
3rd February 2009, 10:25 PM
At least you know it's nothing personal!

stoney
4th February 2009, 06:59 PM
put us as a ??? please

AndyP & Lenore
4th February 2009, 07:56 PM
put us as a ??? please

Will do Rob.:D

shaunbhoy67
20th April 2009, 09:46 PM
hey andy could stick me down as a maybe will let you know nearer the time cheers :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
20th April 2009, 10:05 PM
hey andy could stick me down as a maybe will let you know nearer the time cheers :thumbs up:

That's you added.

shaunbhoy67
20th April 2009, 10:07 PM
cheers very much :D

Crombers
24th April 2009, 05:39 PM
Can you please remove the 'maybe' , we'll be there :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
24th April 2009, 05:44 PM
Can you please remove the 'maybe' , we'll be there :thumbs up:

OK will do.:thumbs up:

Ferengo
28th April 2009, 06:07 PM
Hey Andy,

Put me down for this. Dunno if Sarah will go but sod her :p, if she doesn't I still will. :thumbs up:

N12 JLK
28th April 2009, 06:31 PM
Looking forward to this run, it's just before all he'll breaks loose at my work and away from home for the majority of september

AndyP & Lenore
28th April 2009, 06:48 PM
Hey Andy,

Put me down for this. Dunno if Sarah will go but sod her :p, if she doesn't I still will. :thumbs up:

Will do Grant.:thumbs up:

Stewart
9th May 2009, 05:04 PM
Aye go on, please put me down for my forth run……..let the good people of the borders show us around…its not an area I’ve visited much apart from the school cottage we used to go to many years ago…in the Eskdalemuir area at the Black esk reservoir.

Picnic Run
Twilight Run
Argyll & Bute
Heart Of The Borders :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
9th May 2009, 06:04 PM
Aye go on, please put me down for my forth run……..let the good people of the borders show us around…its not an area I’ve visited much apart from the school cottage we used to go to many years ago…in the Eskdalemuir area at the Black esk reservoir.

Picnic Run
Twilight Run
Argyll & Bute
Heart Of The Borders :thumbs up:

Good choice, that's you added.:thumbs up:

Colin
13th May 2009, 08:45 PM
Room for another :D

AndyP & Lenore
13th May 2009, 08:56 PM
Room for another :D

Absolutely, that's you added.:thumbs up:

countdown
7th June 2009, 08:31 PM
Stick my name down if there is space left:thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
7th June 2009, 10:38 PM
Stick my name down if there is space left:thumbs up:

Will do.:thumbs up:

minimad
11th June 2009, 10:51 PM
hi andy can you put me down as a maybe:thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
12th June 2009, 09:17 AM
hi andy can you put me down as a maybe:thumbs up:

That's you added Tony.:thumbs up:

N12 JLK
14th June 2009, 08:37 PM
Andy, as we are MINIless - can you take our name off please Andy.

Jason might trot along with Mr King.

AndyP & Lenore
14th June 2009, 08:39 PM
Andy, as we are MINIless - can you take our name off please Andy.

Jason might trot along with Mr King.

No problem.:thumbs up:

Burple
2nd July 2009, 04:57 PM
Aye, aye me hearties!!!!

Can you chuck us down for this one too please.. as a maybe for now ta! :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
2nd July 2009, 10:32 PM
Aye, aye me hearties!!!!

Can you chuck us down for this one too please.. as a maybe for now ta! :thumbs up:

Will do, welcome aboard.:thumbs up:

L13ARG
5th August 2009, 02:08 PM
im new to newmini but would like chance to take part in borders run if possible. Had pepper white cooper since feb this year and its about time it got out and about

ianking
5th August 2009, 02:59 PM
im new to newmini but would like chance to take part in borders run if possible. Had pepper white cooper since feb this year and its about time it got out and about

Pretty sure you own one of my old cars. Did you buy it from Central in Gala?

L13ARG
5th August 2009, 07:34 PM
Pretty sure you own one of my old cars. Did you buy it from Central in Gala?
sure did ian, how are you doing ?

GCA3N
5th August 2009, 08:18 PM
Andy I am trying to look at ways of getting to this run on time. When and where is the start thanks.

AndyP & Lenore
5th August 2009, 08:43 PM

No problem, thats you added.:thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
5th August 2009, 08:45 PM
Andy I am trying to look at ways of getting to this run on time. When and where is the start thanks.

Meeting in Galashiels at 10.30am for 11.00am departure from Asda car park.

Hamish
5th August 2009, 09:05 PM

Hey, just noticed your from Hawick too and have a pepper white mini... when did you sneak onto the forum haha :welcome:

Dont think I've seen your car running about the area yet, but will keep a lookout though :thumbs up:

ianking
5th August 2009, 09:22 PM
Hey, just noticed your from Hawick too and have a pepper white mini... when did you sneak onto the forum haha :welcome:

Dont think I've seen your car running about the area yet, but will keep a lookout though :thumbs up:

Here is a link to pics of the car when I had it. So you know what car to look out for in Hawick.
I am in Hawick quite alot with work but I have never spotted it.
I think I only had that car for about 6 or 7 months.
http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=14787

Hamish
5th August 2009, 09:31 PM
Here is a link to pics of the car when I had it. So you know what car to look out for in Hawick.
I am in Hawick quite alot with work but I have never spotted it.
I think I only had that car for about 6 or 7 months.
http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=14787

Looks good, tidy Cooper, I do have a soft spot for PW's! lol

Bet I have seen it but never really thought much more about it... but now I know its an NMS members car lol! :thumbs up:

Livi
9th August 2009, 08:55 PM
Hi Andy,

Can you place me and Susan down please :D

Also there will be a convoy heading down in the morning again for people in Dundee, N/E side who are willing to meet up all are welcome. :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
9th August 2009, 09:33 PM
Hi Andy,

Can you place me and Susan down please :D

Also there will be a convoy heading down in the morning again for people in Dundee, N/E side who are willing to meet up all are welcome. :thumbs up:

Done.

A.:thumbs up:

Hamish
10th August 2009, 09:27 AM
Hey Andy,

I'll try and come along to ASDA's to see all you minimads set off (if thats ok)... doubt I'll have a road car by then, but be nice to meet some more NMS regulars.

Cheers

H

AndyP & Lenore
10th August 2009, 09:30 AM
Hey Andy,

I'll try and come along to ASDA's to see all you minimads set off (if thats ok)... doubt I'll have a road car by then, but be nice to meet some more NMS regulars.

Cheers

H

No probs Hamish, maybe you could become someones co-pilot?

L.

zimbo
10th August 2009, 10:20 AM
Andy can you put my name down please, I think I need to come out on this run, missed yesterdays run and I dont think I have been on one of your runs so bout time I did mate :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
10th August 2009, 10:25 AM
Andy can you put my name down please, I think I need to come out on this run, missed yesterdays run and I dont think I have been on one of your runs so bout time I did mate :thumbs up:

No bother Zimbo, that's you added.:D

AndyP & Lenore
10th August 2009, 10:27 AM
Hey Andy,

Cheers

H

No probs Hamish, maybe you could become someones co-pilot?

L.

Hamish, re the above: we start at ASDA, have lunch in Gala so will be parking in ASDA, but we end in Lauder, but if you join in with a single driver as co-pilot, we can easy take you back to Gala for your car.

L13ARG
10th August 2009, 03:19 PM
have you got route organised yet ?

AndyP & Lenore
10th August 2009, 05:12 PM
have you got route organised yet ?

Pretty much the same as it was in 2007 - for those who were there. The notes are not ready, but if you have any specific questions on roads or route I'll do my best to answer...:yes nod:

Hamish
10th August 2009, 06:17 PM
thanks for the update Andy, I'll see what I can organise... might have stuff on in the afternoon but hopefully not.

Was tempted to put the cup car on the road but mmmh, maybe not a good idea hahaha

GCA3N
10th August 2009, 07:06 PM
Hamish i need a co-pilot for this event and I am in no rush to get back as I need to crash some where that night. Your welcome to do that if you want. That is if you can handle the speed.

Hamish
10th August 2009, 07:38 PM
Hamish i need a co-pilot for this event and I am in no rush to get back as I need to crash some where that night. Your welcome to do that if you want. That is if you can handle the speed.

muahaha, cool I'll keep you posted, long as I'm not having to work then I'll co-pilot :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
10th August 2009, 08:03 PM

Greig, we have a spare room you're welcome to use.

GCA3N
10th August 2009, 08:36 PM
Pm'd u I will probe take u up on ur offer. I am talking del into coming along too so I am hoping to stay at his possibly on one of the nights. It is either this or try and make the last boat. What time will the run finish and where?

AndyP & Lenore
10th August 2009, 09:06 PM
Greig, this year we finish at the Lauderdale Hotel in Lauder about 4.30pm ish.

Delboy
12th August 2009, 09:56 AM
Hi Andy,
Please put me down for this run. I may or may not have Michael with me :rolleyes:.
Del

AndyP & Lenore
12th August 2009, 10:02 AM
Hi Andy,
Please put me down for this run. I may or may not have Michael with me :rolleyes:.
Del

Thats you added Del.:thumbs up: Michael is more than welcome, but I hope he can take a huge teasing.:laugh:

GCA3N
12th August 2009, 12:03 PM
Hi Andy,
Del

Excellent Del can I book in then? Tell michael he had better have thick skin he'll get a roasting

GCA3N
12th August 2009, 12:04 PM
Greig, this year we finish at the Lauderdale Hotel in Lauder about 4.30pm ish.

Thanks for that, cheers.

Gismo
12th August 2009, 12:29 PM
Thats you added Del.:thumbs up: Michael is more than welcome, but I hope he can take a huge beating.:laugh:

A.:DThat's a bit harsh :rolleyes:

Delboy
12th August 2009, 01:26 PM
Thats you added Del.:thumbs up: Michael is more than welcome, but I hope he can take a huge teasing.:laugh:

Thanks Andy. Yes, I'm sure he'll take the teasing - he deserves it :lol:.

Excellent Del can I book in then? Tell michael he had better have thick skin he'll get a roasting
Greig, you're booked into Crookston Castle for the 2 nights - all inclusive :beer: :clap:.

That's a bit harsh :rolleyes:
Oh I wouldn't say that.......;)

Gismo
12th August 2009, 01:29 PM
Oh I wouldn't say that.......;)Read the quote in my post ;)

Delboy
12th August 2009, 01:35 PM
Read the quote in my post ;)

Yes, I saw that there was a slight change in Andy's original post :lol: but I still think he deserves it after making me look like a numpty :blush:;)

stoney
13th August 2009, 10:42 AM
andy my man what the start time ???

it will be only me tho

christine will be working no more time off for her till nov for are proper honeymoon :thumbs up:

i will be bringing some one along with me but wont be on the run with me :thumbs up:

shaunbhoy67
18th August 2009, 10:54 AM
andy i will definetly manage to make it managed to get the day off so i will be there

FAO David where and when are you meeting in dundee before heading down?

Livi
18th August 2009, 11:31 AM
FAO David where and when are you meeting in dundee before heading down?

Meeting with Ewan (burple) and possibly a few others at the back of the cinema beside camperdown park :thumbs up:

ill PM you my mobile number incase your lost :D

Thread for convoy: http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=18308

GCA3N
18th August 2009, 12:33 PM
Del and I are heading from Glasgow, are there many others going from here if so we could travel down. If there is any interest i'll start a thread for it.:thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
18th August 2009, 12:51 PM
Del and I are heading from Glasgow, are there many others going from here if so we could travel down. If there is any interest i'll start a thread for it.:thumbs up:

Greig, do you still require a bed for the night or are you crashing at Del's?

A.

GCA3N
18th August 2009, 03:38 PM
Greig, do you still require a bed for the night or are you crashing at Del's?

A.

Oh sorry, going to stay at my cus, thanks for the offer though.:thumbs up:

Stewart
18th August 2009, 07:34 PM

happy to join up for going down,just give us a place and time....:thumbs up:

GCA3N
19th August 2009, 06:20 AM
happy to join up for going down,just give us a place and time....:thumbs up:

nice one, where would you be leaving from? Will work somthing out closer to the time.

minimad
19th August 2009, 09:03 AM
hey there guys theres a couple of us that leave from hamilton services every year your more than welcome to join up with us at some point maybe at harthill services then on to hermiston gate to convoy down to the borders thereafter;):thumbs up:

GCA3N
19th August 2009, 09:06 AM
hey there guys theres a couple of us that leave from hamilton services every year your more than welcome to join up with us at some point maybe at harthill services then on to hermiston gate to convoy down to the borders thereafter;):thumbs up:
see stoneys thread we could get a few to meet up at hermiston gate, think del and I will do that.

minimad
19th August 2009, 09:18 AM
see stoneys thread we could get a few to meet up at hermiston gate, think del and I will do that.
hi greig theres defo folks leaving from hermi gate has this is used everyyear for start of convoy down to gala:thumbs up:

Delboy
19th August 2009, 10:16 AM

Sounds good to me :thumbs up:

GCA3N
19th August 2009, 01:52 PM
Yup hermiston gate sounds good for me. Does anyone have a meet time there?

shaunbhoy67
19th August 2009, 01:58 PM
Meeting with Ewan (burple) and possibly a few others at the back of the cinema beside camperdown park :thumbs up:

ill PM you my mobile number incase your lost :D

Thread for convoy: http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=18308

cool cool i know where it is so i will meet you there, what time were you thinking of meeting at?

AndyP & Lenore
19th August 2009, 04:02 PM
andy my man what the start time ???

it will be only me tho

christine will be working no more time off for her till nov for are proper honeymoon :thumbs up:

i will be bringing some one along with me but wont be on the run with me :thumbs up:

Start time will be 10am for 10:30am departure.:thumbs up:

Livi
19th August 2009, 04:24 PM
How long do you guys reckon it would take to get to gala from Dundee (and not the bingo smart :moonie:) :lol:

Hamish
19th August 2009, 04:48 PM
2hours - 2:30???

Craig
19th August 2009, 07:01 PM
How long do you guys reckon it would take to get to gala from Dundee (and not the bingo smart :moonie:) :lol:

it normally takes just under 1 hour from edinburgh, so how long do you take from Dundee to edin and add that. :thumbs up:

Livi
19th August 2009, 07:03 PM
2 hours then :thumbs up:

thanks for the info guys

AndyP & Lenore
19th August 2009, 09:06 PM
A wee update posted to first post.

A.

GCA3N
19th August 2009, 09:18 PM
Looks like the biggest run of the year andy:thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
19th August 2009, 10:47 PM
Looks like the biggest run of the year andy:thumbs up:

Craig's Perthshire Pleasure run was pretty busy:smilewinkgrin:. Besides, bigger is not always better.:blush:

GCA3N
20th August 2009, 06:08 AM
Craig's Perthshire Pleasure run was pretty busy:smilewinkgrin:. Besides, bigger is not always better.:blush:

Only people with small ........runs say that:Whistle:

NorthSea888
20th August 2009, 02:27 PM
Hi Andy,

Kindly add me please....

Regards,

Enrique :bigwave:

AndyP & Lenore
20th August 2009, 02:58 PM
Hi Andy,

Kindly add me please....

Regards,

Enrique :bigwave:

Thats you added Enrique.:thumbs up:

A.

ianking
20th August 2009, 03:37 PM
R.E Andys post about having lunch at Quinns.

Sarah and I were there on Sunday for our tea after a recommendation from a friend.
We can both say that the food there is excellent, as is the service we received. Its rather fancy inside as well considering its in Galashiels
I should imaging the lunch menu wont differ that much from evening menu.
Looking forward to my lunch all ready.

Sarah had fish and I had the chinese sticky chicken thingy. Both were excellent. Top tip for starters would be the garlic flat bread or the medallions of beef. Puddings were substantial as well.

Hamish
20th August 2009, 03:50 PM
We can both say that the food there is excellent, as is the service we received. Its rather fancy inside as well considering its in Galashiels
I should imaging the lunch menu wont differ that much from evening menu.
Looking forward to my lunch all ready.

Your brave, leaving your mini unattended in Gala while you had 3 courses... lol... were the wheels still on when you got back to it??? ;)

Only kiddin Andy!!! :rolleyes:

ianking
20th August 2009, 04:14 PM
Yeah I left it parked on the one way street (Channel Street I think) just in front of a dodgy looking cinema. Amazingly all wheels were in tact.

AndyP & Lenore
20th August 2009, 04:16 PM
Yeah I left it parked on the one way street (Channel Street I think) just in front of a dodgy looking cinema. Amazingly all wheels were in tact.

And you didn't come and see us.:thud:

Neil and Lorna
20th August 2009, 08:30 PM
And you didn't come and see us.:thud:

We were at Knockhill ye dope.:moonie:

N.

Neil and Lorna
20th August 2009, 08:33 PM
Your brave, leaving your mini unattended in Gala while you had 3 courses... lol... were the wheels still on when you got back to it??? ;)

Only kiddin Andy!!! :rolleyes:

Its quite safe to park in Gala its Hawick you need to worry about. :shut up::blush:

Neil.

AndyP & Lenore
20th August 2009, 08:47 PM
We were at Knockhill ye dope.:moonie:

N.

I know numpty, I was winding him up.:moonie:

Hamish
21st August 2009, 09:30 AM
Its quite safe to park in Gala its Hawick you need to worry about. :shut up::blush:

Neil.

Haha... true, Hawick can be dodgy... depends who you know tho ;) as to whether your cars safe or not :p

Stewart
24th August 2009, 12:15 AM
Tell you what that’s some bitch of a run to put in “TYRE” for the Tom Tom………..lots of turns and waypoints but got it nailed down as good as can be. I know everyone will stay close but it’s nice to have it on the Tom Tom when I cant read the notes on the go. The Oban Run was a dream to this bad boy to build…..

It’s great just too even have the garden centre and the Hotel on………Closest I been to this area is St Mary’s Loch from Moffat.

And yes I'm that Bored:D

AndyP & Lenore
24th August 2009, 11:22 PM
Tell you what that’s some bitch of a run to put in “TYRE” for the Tom Tom………..lots of turns and waypoints but got it nailed down as good as can be. I know everyone will stay close but it’s nice to have it on the Tom Tom when I cant read the notes on the go. The Oban Run was a dream to this bad boy to build…..

It’s great just too even have the garden centre and the Hotel on………Closest I been to this area is St Mary’s Loch from Moffat.

And yes I'm that Bored:D

Erm, I haven't uploaded the run notes yet:blush:. Route is a bit different this year. Difference lunch location and end location and so on.

Hoping to get the notes up by tomorrow evening.

Stewart
25th August 2009, 12:32 AM
Erm, I haven't uploaded the run notes yet:blush:. Route is a bit different this year. Difference lunch location and end location and so on.

Hoping to get the notes up by tomorrow evening.

Aaaaaaaa Rollocks.........:argh:

weefossy
25th August 2009, 09:23 PM
Dear Popcorn Kids,
Apologies we won't be on the run this year, think it's the first one we have missed. :sad:
We won't be far away, cause we are at Floors Castle near Kelso with the
Pipeband, so give us a wave when you pass (approx 88 mile point) :bigwave:
Have a great run and hope the weather is kind.
Mom & Dad

AndyP & Lenore
25th August 2009, 09:32 PM
Hi Gran & Guppa, shame you won't be joining us for HOB_5. It's a milestone event! But have fun in Kelso, Floors is lovely and I hope the weather is as good for you as it WILL BE for us.:thumbs up:

A & L.:thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
25th August 2009, 11:13 PM
DOWNLOAD RUN NOTES HERE (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/run_notes/2009/hob_route_notes_2009.pdf)
But they don't seem to be happy downloading for me in Chrome. Fine in IE, but not Chrome.:sad:

shaunbhoy67
25th August 2009, 11:27 PM
woo hoo getting closer cant wait for this, its gonna be brill :D:D

Stewart
26th August 2009, 01:21 AM
Run done on the old Tom Tom. So you've knocked off a loop and changed the venues...:D

Next time I'll wait for the new notes.........:argh:

GCA3N
26th August 2009, 06:00 AM
Dear Popcorn Kids,
Apologies we won't be on the run this year, think it's the first one we have missed. :sad:
We won't be far away, cause we are at Floors Castle near Kelso with the
Pipeband, so give us a wave when you pass (approx 88 mile point) :bigwave:
Have a great run and hope the weather is kind.
Mom & Dad

Will miss you maw and paw, enjoy your day, looks like I'll need to bring my own thermos now.:lol:

Delboy
26th August 2009, 10:24 AM

Looks like an interesting route Andy :thumbs up:. I haven't been down that way in years so really looking forward to it. Let's hope the weather is better than today though...

Livi
26th August 2009, 02:19 PM
i will have a few extra printed off if anyone requires these.

shaunbhoy67
26th August 2009, 03:13 PM
i will have a few extra printed off if anyone requires these.

i will grab one off you sunday when i see you :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
26th August 2009, 08:46 PM
We'll have some run notes to give out too.:thumbs up:

Bumble
26th August 2009, 10:53 PM
Sorry Andy and Lenore ... my mates birthday day/night out is now this Saturday, it's likely to be a bit of a :beer:. I've very unlikely to be in any state to be in charge of a car the next day so I'm going to have to pull out.

Hope you all have a great and safe day and the weather gods are good to you.

Lynn
~gutted~

AndyP & Lenore
26th August 2009, 11:49 PM
Sorry Andy and Lenore ... my mates birthday day/night out is now this Saturday, it's likely to be a bit of a :beer:. I've very unlikely to be in any state to be in charge of a car the next day so I'm going to have to pull out.

Lynn
~gutted~

No probs Lynn. Have fun at the party.:beer:

Stewart
27th August 2009, 03:04 PM
Bloody BBC one minute it tells you its heavy rain all day on Sunday the next it tells you its might be good day but rain at night……….lets hope its right as it looks a bit better weather wise than it did……..

Pity our Liquid Yellow pal is not going, but have fun at the Party........

Burple
27th August 2009, 03:18 PM

Lynn
~gutted~

ya dirty stop out!! lol :laugh::p
have a couple for me! :beer::beer:

Bumble
27th August 2009, 06:28 PM
I know ... but someone has to party - you never know, if I've left some of my liver intact I may come down by and see ya later in the day :)

ianking
28th August 2009, 03:31 PM
The part of Sarah will be played by my mate Ross. He lives in Melrose so is getting dropped off at Asda car park. Sarah is unable to attend.

AndyP & Lenore
28th August 2009, 08:52 PM
The part of Sarah will be played by my mate Ross. He lives in Melrose so is getting dropped off at Asda car park. Sarah is unable to attend.

No bother, Ian.:thumbs up:

A.

L13ARG
28th August 2009, 09:07 PM
hi just been visiting my folks in Kelso . Kelso to Edinburgh road closed at Nenthorn dont think it will be open on sunday . This is the road to Gordon listed on the run

AndyP & Lenore
28th August 2009, 09:21 PM
hi just been visiting my folks in Kelso . Kelso to Edinburgh road closed at Nenthorn dont think it will be open on sunday . This is the road to Gordon listed on the run

Oh bu66er. I remember seeing this was closed a few weeks ago.... Fairly easy diversion though. Will add it into a post lunch wee briefing.

Cheers for the heads-up! :thumbs up:

L13ARG
28th August 2009, 09:23 PM
not a problem here to help, really looking forward to first run!!!!

AndyP & Lenore
28th August 2009, 09:34 PM
not a problem here to help, really looking forward to first run!!!!

Cool. When you get to ASDA, seek me out and say HI! I'll be the stressed looking guy wandering about worried about leading half a million pounds worth of MINI's round the Borders.:eek:

Stewart
29th August 2009, 12:56 PM
Any idea if we will be going Smailholm B6397 and round to Gordon or Stichill B6364 upto greenlaw…

Just to keep the Sat nav right…..:blush:

Crombers
29th August 2009, 01:29 PM
Any idea if we will be going Smailholm B6397 and round to Gordon or Stichill B6364 upto greenlaw…

Just follow the MINI's in front :rolleyes: :Whistle:

GCA3N
29th August 2009, 02:00 PM
Just follow the MINI's in front :rolleyes: :Whistle:

It's hard to watch Mini's 2 mile ahead:p:Whistle:

Bazthemod
29th August 2009, 04:04 PM
It's hard to watch Mini's 2 mile ahead:p:Whistle:

Thats just cos you cant keep up :p:D

Still room for a late one Andy?

AndyP & Lenore
29th August 2009, 04:23 PM

Yup, no problem, welcome aboard.:thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
29th August 2009, 04:53 PM

Stewart, most likely the Smailholm road as I seem to remember that is the way the official diversion was taking you. Not sure when the official diversion will direct us back onto the road we wanted, but I think we'll all just follow the official diversion as that way mistakes can't happen.

Also, as soon as we join the Smailholm road, there is loads of room for a re-group to make sure everyone makes the turn.

GCA3N
29th August 2009, 04:54 PM

:clap::clap: ye just move over when you see the laser blue s on yer butt! Glad u could make it dude.

Bazthemod
29th August 2009, 05:02 PM
:clap::clap: ye just move over when you see the laser blue s on yer butt! Glad u could make it dude.

Oh are you not driving it tomorrow? :confused: :p;):D

Craig
29th August 2009, 07:16 PM
Well, thats the car ready and packed. :thumbs up:

Pressue Washer for Greig - Check
Wax and Trim detailer for Stoney - Check
Doctor Color Chip Kit for Stewart - Check
Doctor Color Chip Kit for AndyP & Lenore - Check
Stickers and Merchandise Bits and Bobs - Check

;)

Not sure I will have room for Jude tho... :thud::Whistle::clap:

See you all in the morning - weather looks to be good till mid-late afternoon. :yes nod::yes nod:

AndyP & Lenore
29th August 2009, 09:12 PM
Well, thats the car ready and packed. :thumbs up:

Pressue Washer for Greig - Check
Wax and Trim detailer for Stoney - Check
Doctor Color Chip Kit for Stewart - Check
Doctor Color Chip Kit for AndyP & Lenore - Check
Stickers and Merchandise Bits and Bobs - Check

;)

Not sure I will have room for Jude tho... :thud::Whistle::clap:

See you all in the morning - weather looks to be good till mid-late afternoon. :yes nod::yes nod:

Doctor Color Chip Kit(S) for AndyP & Lenore - Check

You have got TWO kits right?

A.

Craig
29th August 2009, 09:13 PM
Doctor Color Chip Kit(S) for AndyP & Lenore - Check

You have got TWO kits right?

A.

well, it's in one box, so I hope so... ;)

AndyP & Lenore
29th August 2009, 09:18 PM

:eek::eek::eek: Have you tried...... opening the box to check?:confused:

A.

Scottie
29th August 2009, 09:19 PM

Andy he dropped it today and all the chilli red paint went over his garage floor not to worry though I filled it up with some tomato ketchup Craig said you would never notice.:eek::Whistle::smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin:

AndyP & Lenore
29th August 2009, 09:20 PM
Andy he dropped it today and all the chilli red paint went over his garage floor not to worry though I filled it up with some tomato ketchup Craig said you would never notice.:eek::Whistle::smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin:

Hope it splashed onto his nice new shiny painted bits.:frown:

A.:frown:

Craig
29th August 2009, 09:21 PM
:eek::eek::eek: Have you tried...... opening the box to check?:confused:

A.

the box is double the size of mine, so it should have 2 kits in it... :rolleyes: and it ain't my package so I wont open it... :shut up: unless you want me to go out to the car and unpack the boot to check... :Whistle:

Scottie
29th August 2009, 09:22 PM
Hope it splashed onto his nice new shiny painted bits.:frown:

A.:frown:

:laugh:

AndyP & Lenore
29th August 2009, 09:23 PM
the box is double the size of mine, so it should have 2 kits in it... :rolleyes: and it ain't my package so I wont open it... :shut up: unless you want me to go out to the car and unpack the boot to check... :Whistle:

Yes.:yes nod:

vintageb3
30th August 2009, 04:55 PM
Big Thanks to Andy, Lenore, Neil and Lorna for yet another great Heart of The Borders run. Good roads folks!

Good to see some old faces...and some new ones.

Apologies go out to Craig/Crombers/Neil and Lorna for holding you guys back...just wasn't happy with my driving/car today. I felt I was becoming a liability to the run TBH....so hence the reason for only doing half the run. Also don't drive the car all that often...so I'm out of practise me thinks:blush:

Only stuck my 18"s back on during the week...and I think I got the tyre pressures wrong AGAIN! (EVERY BLOODY TIME I PUT THEM ON!!!!:argh:) Will play about with pressures and get it right for a few runs next year.

All the best!

mark

Craig
30th August 2009, 05:36 PM
Thanks very much to the Pooles for a Great Run.

My apologies for rushing away at the end, but with Jude not being too great I wanted to get home to see her. And she hadn't moved all day :thumbs up: and she's doing fine. :smilewinkgrin:

No apologies required whatsoever Mark, as you say your just a bit rusty. Get out and drive it a bit more and less of the Smart Car.. :lol: Great to see you and Kim again after what feels like AAAges. :yes nod:

Great to meet some new faces Alan R and Hidden and L13 ARG :thumbs up::thumbs up: Hope you guys all enjoyed the run. :clap::clap:

See you all next time. :yes nod:

AndyP & Lenore
30th August 2009, 05:48 PM
Big Thanks to Andy, Lenore, Neil and Lorna for yet another great Heart of The Borders run. Good roads folks!

Good to see some old faces...and some new ones.

Apologies go out to Craig/Crombers/Neil and Lorna for holding you guys back...just wasn't happy with my driving/car today. I felt I was becoming a liability to the run TBH....so hence the reason for only doing half the run. Also don't drive the car all that often...so I'm out of practise me thinks:blush:

Only stuck my 18"s back on during the week...and I think I got the tyre pressures wrong AGAIN! (EVERY BLOODY TIME I PUT THEM ON!!!!:argh:) Will play about with pressures and get it right for a few runs next year.

All the best!

mark

Mark

It really wasn't a problem, hope you enjoyed the first half and you are always welcome on our runs.:thumbs up:

Cheers

A & L:D

AndyP & Lenore
30th August 2009, 05:54 PM
Thanks to everyone for coming today (especially folks who travelled a fair distance:thumbs up:), without all you guys it wouldn't be as much fun.:D

Good to see everyone today old and new.:bigwave:

Hope everyone enjoyed the run and hope to see you all soon.:thumbs up:

L & A:D

AndyP & Lenore
30th August 2009, 05:58 PM
My apologies for rushing away at the end, but with Jude not being too great I wanted to get home to see her. And she hadn't moved all day :thumbs up: and she's doing fine. :smilewinkgrin:

No apologies necessary, glad she is doing OK.:thumbs up:

Crombers
30th August 2009, 06:01 PM
Well done peeps, great day out :clap:

Good to meet a few new faces & Angus's ex motor :thumbs up:

Mark, not a problem, I was needing a wee snooze anyway :rolleyes:

MINI William
30th August 2009, 06:36 PM
Thanks to the Pooles for a great run today :thumbs up:.Good to see old and new faces :yes nod:. Pics to follow later

ianking
30th August 2009, 06:46 PM
Thanks to the Pooles for another great Borders run.
The pace from where I was sat was spot on.

I had a great time towards the end with Greg in front of me. He was holding back, creating a gap then we were going for it.

Nice to see some new folks coming along. 2 new folks with 2 minis previously owned by other NMS members.

countdown
30th August 2009, 06:58 PM
sounded like a great run, sorry I couldnt make it.

Stewart
30th August 2009, 07:00 PM
Great day out and about with the Mini lot as usual and thanks to the Pooles for a well planned run:clap:. Pity the weather could not have held out for the afternoon run but still great to see around the place. A Beautiful part of the country that was new to me. Your cars as normal all looked great.

As always sorry for slowing anybody up or over braking before bends…:blush:

A few pic's, if anyone wants there plates removed give us a shout.

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/Borders1.jpg

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/Borders4.jpg

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/Borders2.jpg

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/Borders3.jpg

AlanJRobson
30th August 2009, 07:15 PM
Top day..thanks for the warm welcome as a n0ob!

Claire_Bear
30th August 2009, 08:16 PM
Gutted I didn't make it today. :sad:

minimad
30th August 2009, 08:26 PM
top run again:cool:thanks to andy and lenore for understanding my vanishing act sorry it could not be helped:thumbs up:big thanks to rob and cristine for organising the lanarkshire convoy to hermi gate sorry i couldnt say bye bye to everyone but i hope to see another great turnout at duncans chippy run:yes nod:nice to put names to faces and great to see some of the old faces turnout(MARK &KIM)brings back smashing memories of past runs.again a very big thankyou to all the organisers,attendees and patrons off this great mini club.:bigwave:

AndyP & Lenore
30th August 2009, 08:31 PM
top run again:cool:thanks to andy and lenore for understanding my vanishing act sorry it could not be helped

No problem Tony, hope you got everything sorted.:thumbs up:

Delboy
30th August 2009, 08:32 PM
Thanks to everyone for coming today (especially folks who travelled a fair distance:thumbs up:), without all you guys it wouldn't be as much fun.:D

Good to see everyone today old and new.:bigwave:

Hope everyone enjoyed the run and hope to see you all soon.:thumbs up:

L & A:D

Thanks to you, and your team ;), for a great run :thumbs up:. Company was great, roads were great, cars were great, lunch was great :D!

Well done :yes nod::thumbs up:.

Livi
30th August 2009, 08:34 PM
Top day out, even though it was a long one the day with the further distance.

few random drives which was not on the sheets (it was hidden!) :rolleyes: but more the fun!! :D

weather was great until afternoon :sad:

would like to see the pics for the day :thumbs up:

Thanks to Andy and Lenore and the peeps who managed to make it a good turn out :cool:

GCA3N
30th August 2009, 08:48 PM
Firstly want to thank andy and Lenore for a fantastic day out defo better than the last one I was on on :p lol really guys fantastic day and well worth 3 days on the mainland and the boat fare. The roads were amazing and the pace was spot on, well atleast when David got his finger out. ;). As usual baz was left behind somewhere tut tut baz even your diffuser was no match for the mighty turbo. Had a good laugh so thank you all for making it a brill day.

shaunbhoy67
30th August 2009, 09:03 PM
thanks to andy and lenore superb day even when the rain came in afternoon, thoroughly enjoyed first borders run and the roads were very good, had a top day superb :thumbs up::D

AndyP & Lenore
30th August 2009, 09:14 PM
Firstly want to thank andy and Lenore for a fantastic day out defo better than the last one I was on on

thanks to andy and lenore superb day even when the rain came in afternoon

Cheers folks.:thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
30th August 2009, 09:15 PM
Thanks to Andy and Lenore and the peeps who managed to make it a good turn out :cool:

Cheers David.:thumbs up:

Bazthemod
30th August 2009, 09:18 PM
As usual baz was left behind somewhere tut tut baz even your diffuser was no match for the mighty turbo.

Hahaha my diffuser was working fine thank you very much :p;) i just felt sorry for you so let you go first for a change ;):lol:

Nice day out, good to see the usual suspects and new faces, good to meet you Del :thumbs up:

Delboy
30th August 2009, 09:47 PM
Nice day out, good to see the usual suspects and new faces, good to meet you Del :thumbs up:

You too Baz :thumbs up:. Enjoyed following you in the afternoon - it was a great pace and you certainly gave me a good challenge - next time I might even drop a gear to 5th ;).

AndyP & Lenore
30th August 2009, 11:09 PM
Some pics from today...

http://www.reachercreatures.com/minirun/borders2009/hob_09_01.JPG

http://www.reachercreatures.com/minirun/borders2009/hob_09_02.JPG

http://www.reachercreatures.com/minirun/borders2009/hob_09_03.JPG

http://www.reachercreatures.com/minirun/borders2009/hob_09_04.JPG

http://www.reachercreatures.com/minirun/borders2009/hob_09_05.JPG

http://www.reachercreatures.com/minirun/borders2009/hob_09_06.JPG

http://www.reachercreatures.com/minirun/borders2009/hob_09_07.JPG

http://www.reachercreatures.com/minirun/borders2009/hob_09_08.JPG

http://www.reachercreatures.com/minirun/borders2009/hob_09_09.JPG

http://www.reachercreatures.com/minirun/borders2009/hob_09_10.JPG

http://www.reachercreatures.com/minirun/borders2009/hob_09_11.JPG

http://www.reachercreatures.com/minirun/borders2009/hob_09_12.JPG

http://www.reachercreatures.com/minirun/borders2009/hob_09_13.JPG

http://www.reachercreatures.com/minirun/borders2009/hob_09_14.JPG

http://www.reachercreatures.com/minirun/borders2009/hob_09_15.JPG

http://www.reachercreatures.com/minirun/borders2009/hob_09_16.JPG

http://www.reachercreatures.com/minirun/borders2009/hob_09_17.JPG

http://www.reachercreatures.com/minirun/borders2009/hob_09_18.JPG

http://www.reachercreatures.com/minirun/borders2009/hob_09_19.JPG

Hamish
31st August 2009, 09:13 AM
how many mini's did you make Andy? Looks awesome, wish I could have made it, some stunning scenery too (I dont mean craig haha) ;)

Delboy
31st August 2009, 10:02 AM
Some pics from my C905 :p

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r464/DWhitelaw/Mini%20Run%20Galashiels%20August%2009/DSC00436.jpg
http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r464/DWhitelaw/Mini%20Run%20Galashiels%20August%2009/DSC00437.jpg
http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r464/DWhitelaw/Mini%20Run%20Galashiels%20August%2009/DSC00441.jpg
http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r464/DWhitelaw/Mini%20Run%20Galashiels%20August%2009/DSC00444.jpg
http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r464/DWhitelaw/Mini%20Run%20Galashiels%20August%2009/DSC00446.jpg
http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r464/DWhitelaw/Mini%20Run%20Galashiels%20August%2009/DSC00447.jpg
http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r464/DWhitelaw/Mini%20Run%20Galashiels%20August%2009/DSC00448.jpg
http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r464/DWhitelaw/Mini%20Run%20Galashiels%20August%2009/DSC00451.jpg
http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r464/DWhitelaw/Mini%20Run%20Galashiels%20August%2009/DSC00454.jpg
http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r464/DWhitelaw/Mini%20Run%20Galashiels%20August%2009/DSC00455.jpg
http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r464/DWhitelaw/Mini%20Run%20Galashiels%20August%2009/DSC00456.jpg

Delboy
31st August 2009, 10:04 AM
Some pics from today...

Nice shots Andy :thumbs up:

zimbo
31st August 2009, 10:23 AM
Brilliant run yesterday, big thanks go out to all the Pooles. I had a great day today, great roads, great people, great scenery and a great pace through out the day. :thumbs up:

Thanks again folks :clap:

Burple
31st August 2009, 10:59 AM
Another great HOB run guys! cheers for another cracker!
Pace was spot on :thumbs up: Bit of a giggle mixing it with the big boys eh?? ;)

Great roads, nice to see some old faces, and the N00bs too! :thumbs up::cool:
We even had our own wee 'Mini adventure' on the way back home thru Dalkieth! Cheers Zimbo... lol :laugh::laugh:

Nice one guys!

just have to see about getting my fekn bumper sorted now... grumble... :shut up:

RyanK
31st August 2009, 11:01 AM
Looked like a good day!

Andy your R53 is schaweeet!

Mrs JCP
31st August 2009, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the great run yesterday Andy and Lenore. Had a fab time on my first HOB run, roads and scenery were amazing :D

Agreeing with Burple with the special thanks to Zimbo for our added extra adventure on the way home :D

Pics are looking good though guys :thumbs up:

Susan

Colin
31st August 2009, 11:51 AM
Yet another fab run, great roads and not that much traffic in our way. Eating place was top notch Andy :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
31st August 2009, 12:43 PM
Many thanks for all the "thanks" messages guys. Makes organising runs all the more worth it.

Hamish, we started with a respectable 25 MINI's and finished with 23. Not a bad start/loss ratio.:laugh:

Hamish
31st August 2009, 12:56 PM
Hamish, we started with a respectable 25 MINI's and finished with 23. Not a bad start/loss ratio.:laugh:

thats an excellent turn out... you had bigger numbers than the SMRC Mini grid... good job I wasnt there, might have lowered your percentages... Start 26 Finish 22 haha :thumbs up:

Well done Andy and Lenore... top job in organising a great run by the looks of it.

Andy... book me down for next years haha

shaunbhoy67
31st August 2009, 01:30 PM
some top photos some very good shots, i am hoping to get some of mine up tonight just need to upload them to the computer!

Big thanks to zimbo for our detour home much enjoyable also :laugh::lol::lol:

L13ARG
31st August 2009, 03:18 PM
Thanks for great day out will be back for more . Excellent photos on so far :)

GCA3N
31st August 2009, 06:37 PM
Right Finally home and got the photos on. Please remember i had no co-pilot so these were taken whilst....er.....driving. also bearing in mind I was trying to keep up with David and stay in front of Baz! LOL.

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/Project1-4.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/Project11-3.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/Project12-3.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/Project13.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/Project14-4.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/Project15-3.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/Project17-4.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/Project19-3.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/Project2-4.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/Project20-1.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/Project22-2.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/Project23-5.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/Project24-2.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/Project25-2.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/Project3-5.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/Project4-6.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/Project5-3.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/Project6-3.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/Project7-4.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/Project8-3.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/Project9-3.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/Project16-3.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/Project18-2.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/Project21-1.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/Project26-3.jpg

stoney
31st August 2009, 06:37 PM
had a cracking day out had a brill run good company nice to see new and old faces will see those of you that are on the fife run will post some pics soon

MINI William
31st August 2009, 06:40 PM
Some realy nice pictures there greig

MINI William
31st August 2009, 06:45 PM
Just noticed the one of my car.Think ive found my new desktop picture

AndyP & Lenore
31st August 2009, 06:57 PM
Cracking pics Greig.:clap::thumbs up:

Craig
31st August 2009, 07:04 PM
Nice Pics Greig :thumbs up:

you got any of mine ?:Whistle:

AndyP & Lenore
31st August 2009, 07:38 PM
Nice Pics Greig :thumbs up:

you got any of mine ?:Whistle:

Strange, I asked Greig about this, and he muttered something about "last pic I took was of that purple car.... mumble, mumble.... cracked lens... mumble moan."

A.:laugh:

Craig
31st August 2009, 08:30 PM
Strange, I asked Greig about this, and he muttered something about "last pic I took was of that purple car.... mumble, mumble.... cracked lens... mumble moan."

A.:laugh:

:moonie::clap:

Duncan Stewart
31st August 2009, 08:47 PM
Thanks to Andy and Lenore for organising the run. We had a great time :D

AndyP & Lenore
31st August 2009, 08:49 PM
Thanks to Andy and Lenore for organising the run. We had a great time :D

Glad you had a good time.

Cheers:D

ianking
31st August 2009, 08:51 PM
Cracking pics that man.

GCA3N
31st August 2009, 08:56 PM
Just wanted to save the best to last.........

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/Project27-2.jpg

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/Project28-2.jpg

shaunbhoy67
31st August 2009, 09:01 PM
some quality pics there greig very well done considering you were driving too, loving the action shots :thumbs up::lol:

GCA3N
31st August 2009, 09:05 PM
Thanks all for your kind comments, pretty easy to take good pics considering the subject matter I had, the shots while driving turned out ok, however the 27 pics here were selected from 187 taken.

MINI William
31st August 2009, 09:08 PM

Thats not my car :confused::confused::confused::confused: :Whistle:

D3 JDA
31st August 2009, 09:23 PM
We like to thank andy & lenore for another great run the weather was great most of the day not like last year where it rained all day.Lunch was really good we went to the chinese buffet at beijing bejing yum yum.I like the photos greig they are amazing especially the action shots supose thats your excuse for not being able to keep up.:lol:David & Fiona :clap::thumbs up::bigwave:

shaunbhoy67
31st August 2009, 09:55 PM
here are some of my pics

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p85/Corsa-GT3/510.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p85/Corsa-GT3/511.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p85/Corsa-GT3/506.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p85/Corsa-GT3/514.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p85/Corsa-GT3/515.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p85/Corsa-GT3/517.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p85/Corsa-GT3/520.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p85/Corsa-GT3/526.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p85/Corsa-GT3/528.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p85/Corsa-GT3/535.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p85/Corsa-GT3/533.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p85/Corsa-GT3/534.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p85/Corsa-GT3/541.jpg

GCA3N
31st August 2009, 10:07 PM
Gr8 pics dude, especially that wee cracking lazer blue one:thumbs up::thumbs up:

GCA3N
31st August 2009, 10:10 PM
Well seeing I am a tab bored tonight, missus has her pal in. Any one for some photoshop.

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/Project31-1.jpg

shaunbhoy67
31st August 2009, 10:11 PM
Gr8 pics dude, especially that wee cracking lazer blue one:thumbs up::thumbs up:

haha i had a feeling you may have liked that one, glad you like em :thumbs up::D
was my brothers camera i was using and i have never used a camera like that, he has this fancy nikon camera really good have to say takes a little longer though getting the focus correct :lol:

Bazthemod
31st August 2009, 10:13 PM
Well seeing I am a tab bored tonight, missus has her pal in. Any one for some photoshop.

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/Project31-1.jpg

I like how my motor is just the same in black and white haha :D

Gismo
31st August 2009, 10:15 PM
Folks, please keep the pictures online until i get home on the 17th September so i can put them into the online gallery :nag:

Did i ever say i can't see photobucket images :Whistle:

AndyP & Lenore
31st August 2009, 10:19 PM
Folks, please keep the pictures online until i get home on the 17th September so i can put them into the online gallery :nag:

I can email you all mine if it's easier.

A.

GCA3N
31st August 2009, 10:20 PM

sorry alan, you can see them soon.

Gismo
31st August 2009, 10:25 PM
I can email you all mine if it's easier.

A.Got yours downloaded cause i can see your sites images

Craig
31st August 2009, 10:54 PM

cheers mate - :thumbs up:

they are fantastic. :clap::clap:

weefossy
31st August 2009, 11:23 PM
Craig, your car is looking stunning. Love the coloured arches, ala Crombers. What a shine :p

Craig
31st August 2009, 11:26 PM
Craig, your car is looking stunning. Love the coloured arches, ala Crombers. What a shine :p

Thanks Malcolm :thumbs up: It has turned out great. :clap:

Hamish
1st September 2009, 09:16 AM
Thanks Malcolm :thumbs up: It has turned out great. :clap:

I totally agree... Car looks sweet mate, very different but I like it. :thumbs up:

Ferengo
1st September 2009, 10:05 AM
Hey guys. Awesome run on Sunday, well worth the drive down. My only complaint is about that :ragin: in the transit that pulled out on me and william. Apart from that :thumbs up:

MINI William
1st September 2009, 10:13 AM
My only complaint is about that :ragin: in the transit that pulled out on me and william. Apart from that :thumbs up:

Ferengo totaly agree with you.What was he all about ????:confused:

Livi
1st September 2009, 11:04 AM
Was this the guy who was going mental at all of us.

he got a friendly wave :rolleyes:

Stewart
1st September 2009, 01:27 PM
Aye waving his arms out the window in disgust for us to pass, He was parked up when I got to him, so I Take it he did the smart thing and seen a line of traffic with Mini’s and pulled out to split the group. :argh:

Why is it always me who meets the bloody big tractor thing in a bit of the road that narrows to about one and half car widths, and he was not stopping.:ragin:two Minis in front nipped through but I'd have ben cutting it close and I like the side of my Mini:D

Sheilz
1st September 2009, 08:12 PM

Second that. Very very pretty. I think Stewart has that finish too. :thumbs up:

MINI William
1st September 2009, 08:13 PM
Was this the guy who was going mental at all of us.

he got a friendly wave :rolleyes:

Yeh funny that he got a friendly wave from me aswell :yes nod:

ELFMAN
1st September 2009, 09:28 PM
Looks like I missed ANOTHER great Borders Run! All the cars look fantastic - great photos folks. Craig - the car looks brilliant!

It's a real shame this always clashes with my Mull holiday - just got home the night before and had a ton of stuff to do on Sunday before going back to work... Well done everybody for a FAB turn-out. See y'all on the Fife Fryer.

AndyP & Lenore
5th September 2009, 06:18 PM
Been holding back on commentating on the idiot in the flat bad truck and what happened in Greenlaw.

My Mum and Dad actually video'd us all going past their house, so we have on video exactly what happened. Dad brought the video over today and I've uploaded it to YouTube for your viewing pleasure.

It seems pretty clear to me, some MINI's may have gone through the 30mph sign a tad quicker than they should have, although the majority were well within the speed limit as we were pretty bunched up. However it's pretty clear to me, this guy has started to pull out into the main road without looking, realised his mistake and decided to shout at the innocent MINI's rather than chastising himself for not looking where he was going. Then causes a further obstruction by stopping outside my folks's house to swear at some more drivers, just because he can.

This guy went back to my Mum and Dad's house 20 mins after we all left the area and said he'd complained to the Police and if they asked for it, would he hand over the video tape. Based on what's on the video, if they were asked for it, the only person possibly facing charges would be the guy driving the flat bed, for driving without due care and attention.:laugh:

A.

ZZ49hDx0A2E

Stewart
5th September 2009, 06:56 PM
As you can see I got the full brunt off it:D I'm captain slow.........its always the case. :thumbs up: I had slowed as like a Taxi these vans have a mind of there own.

And a big Hello to your Mum and Dad.

Ferengo
7th September 2009, 09:03 AM
Been holding back on commentating on the idiot in the flat bad truck and what happened in Greenlaw.

My Mum and Dad actually video'd us all going past their house, so we have on video exactly what happened. Dad brought the video over today and I've uploaded it to YouTube for your viewing pleasure.

It seems pretty clear to me, some MINI's may have gone through the 30mph sign a tad quicker than they should have, although the majority were well within the speed limit as we were pretty bunched up. However it's pretty clear to me, this guy has started to pull out into the main road without looking, realised his mistake and decided to shout at the innocent MINI's rather than chastising himself for not looking where he was going. Then causes a further obstruction by stopping outside my folks's house to swear at some more drivers, just because he can.

This guy went back to my Mum and Dad's house 20 mins after we all left the area and said he'd complained to the Police and if they asked for it, would he hand over the video tape. Based on what's on the video, if they were asked for it, the only person possibly facing charges would be the guy driving the flat bed, for driving without due care and attention.:laugh:

A.

ZZ49hDx0A2E

Brilliant, I thought he'd pulled out on someone else before me but no. I do remember checking my speed when I saw the sign coming up as I thought he might have been shouting and pulling out (To make a point) regarding that but my speed was 40 when I saw him which was before the sign. I admit I may have been a little fast as I came past the sign but that was just shock at what had happened and forgot to check my speed when I came into the 30mph.

Burple
7th September 2009, 10:08 AM
If you watch him right from the start, he was sitting back from the junction for a while before coming up to it to pull out..

Then sitting on the main road reversing into the traffic and being aggressive? Whit a numpty. Yeah.. go on.. give the Police the video... :D

Gismo
7th September 2009, 10:10 AM
All pictures uploaded to the online gallery :thumbs up:

Crombers
7th September 2009, 10:59 AM
What a 'tool' :moonie:

zimbo
7th September 2009, 11:12 AM
What an arse, I mean he didnt even indicate to pull over to the side of the road to mouth off to you guys and what was that reversing manouvre all about :rolleyes: :moonie:

Colin
7th September 2009, 11:50 AM
I was the middle car of the three that he pulled out on. He had a clear view of us coming but just didn't look. We were still in the 60mph zone when he pulled out. The 30 signs were after the junction.

GCA3N
7th September 2009, 08:40 PM
Arse, well to done to everyone I thought that clip was a testimont to everyone, and hats off to those who took the abuse, think I may have been more vocal had he shouted at me. Great wee clip though.

GCA3N
7th September 2009, 08:41 PM
What's the clip under in YouTube

AndyP & Lenore
7th September 2009, 08:50 PM
What's the clip under in YouTube

Is this what you mean?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ49hDx0A2E&feature=player_embedded

A.

Ally S
10th September 2009, 07:35 PM
Some people get wound up about nothing. I think he's venting his own frustration at himself and just wanted someone to shout at

GCA3N
10th September 2009, 07:53 PM
Some people get wound up about nothing. I think he's venting his own frustration at himself and just wanted someone to shout at

Look he drives a White van besides who wouldn't be jealous of 20 or so sweet looking minis going by.

MINI William
13th September 2009, 04:26 PM
Is this what you mean?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ49hDx0A2E&feature=player_embedded

A.

Cant realy see anyone speeding.Dangerous driving by White Van Man :ragin::ragin:.On a positive note I never realised my car was so loud :shut up::clap::clap:

badwolf340
13th September 2009, 04:46 PM
:thumbs up:Van man was well out of order, and when we drove past him as he tried to kill us bye pulling out,I told him about his poor driving style.:computer:

illegalhunter
20th September 2009, 05:33 PM
Wow Craig that new car is sooooooooooo shinny, love the arches