PDA

View Full Version : Ice

Forbes
26th January 2009, 05:22 PM
Basically i want to slowly but surely have a better sound system in the car.
I bought some Kenwood speakers for the rear but everything else is still standard and will be till about May.
So should i fit these speakers before changing other parts? Is there anything i should know/do if i fit them to a otherwise standard system?

I know there will not be much gains at the moment as i should really change the headunit first

All advice will be welcomed :popcorn:

john
26th January 2009, 05:33 PM
Basically i want to slowly but surely have a better sound system in the car.
I bought some Kenwood speakers for the rear but everything else is still standard and will be till about May.
So should i fit these speakers before changing other parts? Is there anything i should know/do if i fit them to a otherwise standard system?

I know there will not be much gains at the moment as i should really change the headunit first

All advice will be welcomed :popcorn:

Crack on and get them changed:thumbs up:

If you need a hand just say:smilewinkgrin:

Gismo
26th January 2009, 05:47 PM
Pity you didn't change the head unit first, you'd be amazed at the improvement, but, you'd want to change the speakers as well, so, as John says, hash on :thumbs up:

Forbes
26th January 2009, 06:04 PM
Yeh i know but i got a brand new speakers for a good deal:rolleyes:
And i have been told a headunit is my birthday present from my gf:smilewinkgrin:

Just wondering if there would be any issues before taking out half of my interior

Any more tips? :Whistle:

bpirie1000
26th January 2009, 06:05 PM
they are a piece of cake to do mate. give me a shout if your stuck easy get them stuck in for you..

Craig
26th January 2009, 09:10 PM
I can confirm what others have said. I just replaced my head unit and was astounding how good it sounded as I thought the speakers were a load of rubbish, but it turns out that the head unit was the problem. :thumbs up:

Thinking about changing the speakers at some point, but prob won't go down the route of a sub .. ;)