PDA

View Full Version : It doesn't pay

Sheilz
26th January 2009, 10:26 AM
.......to be smug.

Munro's laptop has been playing up and had to be replaced yesterday morning. Sitting thinking to myself "you should have bought a decent model in the first place, just because it was a bigger, faster, sleeker, and all singing & dancing model than mine, clearly not up to the standard of my trusty sony".
Well b*ggar me, did my one not croak it in the afternoon. No amount of coaxing or persuasion would change the message - hard drive BAD, SAVE AND REPLACE.

Think he felt guilty sitting with his nice new shiny toy, took pity and ordered me a new one. Not without some self interest. Probably the thought of looking into my miserable face was enough to make him stretch for his plastic.

Actually really disappointed about my laptop. We've been together for a few years now and shared many late nights frantically chasing deadlines.

Gismo
26th January 2009, 05:51 PM
Hope you made regular back ups Sheilz :yes nod:

Sheilz
27th January 2009, 02:15 AM
Luckily Munro does that for me. Even luckier all my important docs are on protected pen drives. Am a bit paranoid about confidentiality so going to get Nik to dismantle and destroy the internal bits.

Big Gordy
27th January 2009, 09:43 AM
Why not just replace the dodgy hard drive in your Sony:confused:

mini saltire
27th January 2009, 10:29 AM
Thanks Sheilz, that was just the incentive I needed to back up my hard drive and to stop hoping that it wouldn't happen to me!!

Sheilz
27th January 2009, 11:19 AM
Why not just replace the dodgy hard drive in your Sony:confused:

That was my original thoughts on it but M didn't think it was worth it not with the price of new ones being a fraction of what the sony cost. He thinks that it would just be a matter of time before something else went wrong. Nik has volunteered to replace the harddrive in it. This means it will probably lie in bits around his bedroom till it goes in the bin! D

Lucky that one of us is techno-savvy!