PDA

View Full Version : Knockhill Classic Speedfair July 19th

mini saltire
21st January 2009, 10:09 AM
I had a conversation with Stuart Gray from Knockhill yesterday and he has asked me to invite all Mini Owners (new shape and classic) along to the Scottish Classic Speedfair. This year as most of you already know is the 50th Anniversary of the Classic Mini and to celebrate this Stuart is offering all Mini owners subsidized entry (as long as you are there by 10am), a designated parking area to show off your cars (I am looking to organize a best of show etc..) and a chance to go round the track with your own car at some point through the day (Not at speed sadly).
Please let me know if you can make it along it would be great to see the NMS well represented there :cool:.

Click here http://www.knockhill.com/events/event.php to see what else on. It doesn't show the Mini race but that looks like it is going to happen.:thumbs up:

1. Andy P & Lenore
2. Crombers
3. Craig
4. Ian King
5. Big Gordy
6. RPN
7. Fiona & Allan
8. Elfman
9. Moraymini
10.Duncan Stewart
11.Stoney
12.Mizemz & Other Half
13. Zimbo
14.Ally S
15.William, Brian & Christina (3 cars)
16.Mary-Jo and Stuart
17.MiniSnaps
18.V500EMA
19.Gemma B
20.Burple +1
21.Colin
22.TheDoctor46 + 1
23.Sav112
24.Mizemz
25. Gran & Grandad

Update Monday 13th July

We are being given an area to park/show of our cars. It is in the lower paddock overlooking the hairpin. I would suggest having the cars clean, but as this is a gravel area, I wouldn't suggest trying to make your car "concours". ;) We will be in this area with all the classic minis aswell. It has been requested that we are on-site and parked by 09:00hrs. I know this will mean an early start for some (myself included as I am travelling up from near Hawick), but I really do need you all on-site early. :thumbs up: There will be reduced entry for the MINI's (the exact details will be known shortly) :yes nod: We will be getting a parade lap round the circuit later on in the day. :cool:

There is going to be a bit of competition as Knockhill are doing a "Best in Show" for classic and New MINI. :yes nod::yes nod:

Craig

Update Wed 15th July

Ok Guys/Gals. Here is the important bit. :nag:

All MINI Drivers will get in Free before 09:30hrs.

All passengers in MINI's will be only £5 each before 09:30hrs

If you turn up after 09:30hrs, you WILL be charged full price for entry and will NOT get to park with all the other MINI's down near the hairpin. :idea:

I think we all have to say a BIG thank you to Mark Dryden for brokering this deal and also to Stuart Gray from Knockhill for agreeing to this Cracking Price :clap::clap:

AndyP & Lenore
21st January 2009, 10:12 AM
Sounds good Mark.

Put us down as a Maybe for now. Same weekend as the opening of Harry Potter (I think) so unlikely but mebbie.

Stickied for you too.

A.

Crombers
21st January 2009, 10:24 AM
Yup for me (work can feck off - hopefully) :thumbs up:

Craig
21st January 2009, 10:40 AM
Yeah Mark - defo for me (Last day of my hols before going back to work:argh:)

I am more than happy to help with any organising of this. :thumbs up:

I think this is a good opportunity for us to show off our cars and celebrate 50 years of MINI/mini as I don't think there are any other big shows in Scotland. Not far for everyone to travel. ;)

Also looks to be some really nice metal going to be there :thumbs up::thumbs up:

ianking
21st January 2009, 12:04 PM
Yeah for me Mark providing I have a MINI. (did you get my email on Monday r.e getting a MINI again)

Big Gordy
21st January 2009, 12:31 PM
Stick Ross and me down for this Mark:thumbs up: I'll definitely be there but Ross, as always, is shift dependant:yes nod:

GCA3N
21st January 2009, 12:56 PM
totally gutted, i am offshore:argh:

Gismo
21st January 2009, 01:25 PM
totally gutted, i am offshore:argh:Ditto :ragin:

rpn
21st January 2009, 06:22 PM
Sounds fun and nothing on that day so far. Stick me on for now and will confirm near the time.

Been round the track a few times before on a bike thought but not in a car, yet!

Scottie
21st January 2009, 06:48 PM
add us please .

ELFMAN
24th January 2009, 12:44 AM
Put me down for this one, Mark. Went a couple of years back to see the 'Ecurie Ecosse' cars and the great Sir Jackie Stewart on track in his F1 Tyrrell - even got his autograph... proper Gent he was too! Great when your childhood heroes live up to the image. Had to get the Ecurie Ecosse badges on the MINI after that! I'm sure it'll be a worthwhile day.

LET'S PUT ON A DECENT SHOW OF MINIS!

Crombers
24th January 2009, 08:43 AM
LET'S PUT ON A DECENT SHOW OF MINIS!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Scottie
24th January 2009, 10:05 AM
add us please.

Craig
24th January 2009, 10:30 AM
add us please.

your already added...:rolleyes:

moraymini
24th January 2009, 05:38 PM
Aye Stick Me Down please up for that.

Duncan Stewart
24th January 2009, 11:06 PM
sounds great :thumbs up: Add me please

Scottie
24th January 2009, 11:08 PM
your already added...:rolleyes:

oops' just don't want to miss this one sound like it will be a good un.:blush::cool:

Craig
24th January 2009, 11:24 PM
oops' just don't want to miss this one sound like it will be a good un.:blush::cool:

nae worries, yeah really hoping for a good turnout :thumbs up: There are always people out there wanting more shows in Scotland and we are being invited to go to this including reduced entrance.. :cool:

Gismo - could you alert the Clan folk as it would be good to get as many mini's there are possible since Knockhill are making the effort... :thumbs up:

stoney
25th January 2009, 12:21 AM
go on put me down :thumbs up::cool: sounds like fun

mizemz
25th January 2009, 03:27 PM
put me down and me and other half shall be there.:thumbs up:

Mini Ecosse
26th January 2009, 10:11 PM
Put us down as a maybe please.
Still waiting on new shift rota being organised

rosssp
28th January 2009, 10:05 AM
Yes for me please plus 1 more.

badwolf340
17th February 2009, 08:08 PM
If poss, can you add,william ,brian ,christina .two cars:popcorn:

Mini MoJo
22nd February 2009, 06:26 PM
Can you add us please (Mary-Jo and Stuart)

Cheers

mini saltire
23rd February 2009, 09:14 AM
Thats you added folks :thumbs up:

SAZ_8929
2nd March 2009, 10:25 PM
Could you please put me plus one down for this. Sounds good and wouldnt want to miss it :D

mini saltire
3rd March 2009, 09:14 AM
Could you please put me plus one down for this. Sounds good and wouldnt want to miss it :D

Done:idea:

rosssp
14th May 2009, 10:22 AM
sorry, can't make it after all. have agreed to go to the scottish modified show with my mate in his 700 bhp nissan skyline. Its gonna be a fun drive up. :D

Mini Ecosse
14th May 2009, 10:25 AM
Sorry, nightshift not going to manage along to this event:argh::argh:

JOHN MILNE
14th May 2009, 11:45 AM
Can i come too ?

Fester
14th May 2009, 08:34 PM
I think this is a good opportunity for us to show off our cars and celebrate 50 years of MINI/mini as I don't think there are any other big shows in Scotland. Not far for everyone to travel. ;)

There is also the Scottish Transport Extravaganza at Glamis Castle on the 11th & 12th of July 100 classic Mini's to be on show and so far not alot of support from the new Mini fraternity!!

Craig
14th May 2009, 09:15 PM
There is also the Scottish Transport Extravaganza at Glamis Castle on the 11th & 12th of July 100 classic Mini's to be on show and so far not alot of support from the new Mini fraternity!!

would love to go, but got something on that weekend...:rolleyes: Maybe if you start a thread for it, it may create some more interest and others in the north east may be able to make it... :thumbs up:

Fester
15th May 2009, 07:42 PM
Cheers Craig

Had started one a while back but looks like I will need to start some more PR

I will not be able to attent the Classic Speed Fair,as I've got a wedding. Was there last year with another Club and was not impressed with the lack of organisation regarding the display area.

Cheers
Stephen

Ally S
3rd June 2009, 09:57 PM
go on then, add me too please

stoney
17th June 2009, 04:40 PM
any more info on this ??

MiniSnaps
18th June 2009, 03:21 AM
Stick my name down too then and I'll scrape some of the muck off my car especially for the day:D

V500EMA
18th June 2009, 08:32 AM
Can you add me please? :thumbs up:

Gemma B
22nd June 2009, 08:38 PM
Add me please :yes nod:

camjay
22nd June 2009, 09:29 PM
sorry, can't make it after all. have agreed to go to the scottish modified show with my mate in his 700 bhp nissan skyline. Its gonna be a fun drive up. :D

Sorry to hog the thread - is your mate Stef?

camjay
22nd June 2009, 09:34 PM
Hi. I can definately make it - checked my shifts and am off. Can you add me plus one and 2 rugrats. Thanks :thumbs up:

ianking
23rd June 2009, 08:37 AM
Was there not originally talk of a track night on the Fri for NMS?
Any idea if this is still the case?

stoney
23rd June 2009, 11:44 AM
Was there not originally talk of a track night on the Fri for NMS?
Any idea if this is still the case?

i have sent mark a pm but not hered back as yet :thumbs up:

Duncan Stewart
23rd June 2009, 08:00 PM
There is a Mini track night on the friday evening advertised on McDonald minis website
http://www.mcdonald-minis.co.uk/

SAZ_8929
23rd June 2009, 10:13 PM
I wont be able to make this :sad: as going to see DJ Tiesto the night before and wouldnt make it for 10am.

ianking
24th June 2009, 08:38 AM
There is a Mini track night on the friday evening advertised on McDonald minis website
http://www.mcdonald-minis.co.uk/

It says track night is for classics only.
However the parade of 50 years will have to involve new minis.

baptie
24th June 2009, 10:08 AM
never knew the track night was 'classic' only, but reading the website it comes across that way.

baptie
24th June 2009, 12:53 PM
defo is just classics, just asked the organiser.

Maybe could do with opening up the entry to MINI's, get more numbers

ceejam
25th June 2009, 02:42 PM
Hi folks, as Baptie says above, I could do with more entries for the tracknight.

It has been advertised to try and get a big number of Classic Minis, but unfortunately has not been as successful as I'd hoped.

I'm going to speak with Knockhill, and let those know that have signed up on the basis of classics only before I definitely open it up for MINIs aswell.
£50 for two hours on track @ Knockhill is very good value, at the moment it's going to be an expensive tracknight for me!

How many interested MINI owners are there?

ianking
25th June 2009, 03:39 PM
I would be interested with a MINI

stoney
25th June 2009, 09:50 PM
i would be intrested as well

ceejam
26th June 2009, 09:56 AM
Could those interested drop me an email to speedfair@mcdonald-minis.co.uk with your car description and a contact no. and I'll add you to the list.

Cheers

Jamie

ianking
29th June 2009, 11:54 AM
Wont be able to do the tracknight after all as away in Belfast for a booz filled weekend the week before so pennies will be tight.

On a plus note if anyone needs trackday insurance I used these guys before and they were very reasonable in price.
'Trackdays' 01159 415255

MINI William
29th June 2009, 06:14 PM
Mark

can you give us 3 cars instead of 2 ,Mum wants to take her new Cooper D

AndyP & Lenore
29th June 2009, 06:37 PM
Hi folks, as Baptie says above, I could do with more entries for the tracknight.

It has been advertised to try and get a big number of Classic Minis, but unfortunately has not been as successful as I'd hoped.

I'm going to speak with Knockhill, and let those know that have signed up on the basis of classics only before I definitely open it up for MINIs aswell.
£50 for two hours on track @ Knockhill is very good value, at the moment it's going to be an expensive tracknight for me!

How many interested MINI owners are there?

ceejam, could you open a new thread in MINI Meets & Social. This thread is for the Classic Speedfair. Once you start a new thread, I'll merge the posts relevant into that thread.

Cheers.

AndyP
Admin.

Mini Ecosse
30th June 2009, 07:28 PM
Put us down as a maybe please.
Still waiting on new shift rota being organised

Sorry, will not manage, night shift :argh:

Stephen

Colin
3rd July 2009, 04:17 PM
Can you put me down for this one please.

mini saltire
3rd July 2009, 05:45 PM
Just waiting to hear back from Stuart Gray on the final instructions for theday. I will chase Knockhill again on Monday. Sorry for the lack of info but the 2 driver race appears to have at least 13 Minis playing which should be good.

Craig
3rd July 2009, 07:23 PM
Thanks for that Mark. Updated the first list for you.. :thumbs up:

Also, for those going, I would suggest we get up there early to get a good space and get the cars organised into a nice display :yes nod::clap:

Neil and Lorna
4th July 2009, 07:16 PM
Hi Mark

Stick our names down as maybes for just now, will know for defo nearer the time.

Neil and Lorna.:thumbs up:

Hamish
4th July 2009, 07:20 PM
Hi Mark

Stick our names down as maybes for just now, will know for defo nearer the time.

Neil and Lorna.:thumbs up:

Good man!!! :thumbs up:

zimbo
5th July 2009, 10:40 AM
Hi Mark, could you please put my name down for this as well if there is still space for me? Thank you :thumbs up:

Ally S
5th July 2009, 08:47 PM
can you add me too please, i got missed on the last update. unless someones trying to tell me something :smilewinkgrin:

Craig
5th July 2009, 09:08 PM
Hi Mark, could you please put my name down for this as well if there is still space for me? Thank you :thumbs up:

can you add me too please, i got missed on the last update. unless someones trying to tell me something :smilewinkgrin:

Updated the first post for you Mark :thumbs up:

Sorry for missing your out last time Ally.. :blush:

Ally S
6th July 2009, 01:02 PM
Updated the first post for you Mark :thumbs up:

Sorry for missing your out last time Ally.. :blush:

all sorted now cheers :cool:

poprock
6th July 2009, 04:54 PM
I’ll be there in my Porsche, same as every year. I’ll see if I can persuade my better half to take her Mini along as well.

Last year the focus was on celebrating Lotus’ anniversary. They managed 97 on the track at once, I think. Wonder how many Minis will turn up?

zimbo
7th July 2009, 09:19 AM
I’ll be there in my Porsche....

Mmmm Porsche.... (DROOLLLLL) I love the 911s always have and always will, one day I too hope to own one of them :D :Whistle:

Poprock, I assume yours is a 911 of one form or another? You lucky man :yes nod:

TheDoctor46
8th July 2009, 07:31 PM
Can you put my Name down please?
I'll be there with the little 'un and maybe the other half.

TheDoctor46
9th July 2009, 03:25 PM

:bigwave:
Add me pleeeeeease :D

Craig
9th July 2009, 06:21 PM

:bigwave:
Add me pleeeeeease :D

jings your keen... ;)

Added now for Mark. :yes nod:

TheDoctor46
13th July 2009, 11:38 AM
jings your keen... ;)

Added now for Mark. :yes nod:

Cheers mate :thumbs up:

What time do the 'gates' open?

Ian:thumbs up:

Mini MoJo
13th July 2009, 12:52 PM
Is there any info on this yet? time we've to be there etc... are we planning to all meet 1st or just meeting when we get in there?

Big Gordy
13th July 2009, 01:20 PM
Normally we meet somewhere local to your area ie Falkirk/Central guys - Brewers Fayre at Kincardine, Edinburgh/Borders guys - Hermiston Gate etc... Craig, Alan and I try to get there for the 1st rounds of practice so meet up at 8am getting to Knockhill about 8.30am:Whistle:I believe we're getting an 'area' to park in so we should all be able to park there without having to worry about being spread all over Knockhill:rolleyes:

ianking
13th July 2009, 02:55 PM
Im trying to find out if our cars are going on display as part of the show or if we are just getting a bit to park at on the grass.
No point cleaning it all if we end up being parked on the muddy grass.

TheDoctor46
13th July 2009, 03:36 PM
I'll hopefully be there about 8.30ish too :thumbs up:
The wee man is up early anyway so no point hanging around the house!! ;)

poprock
13th July 2009, 03:54 PM
Poprock, I assume yours is a 911 of one form or another? You lucky man :yes nod:

Nope, mine’s not so posh … it’s a 944 Turbo. Twenty years old and still feeling pretty modern!

Fits perfectly in our garage end-to-end with the Mini Cooper.

There’ll be plenty of Porsches at Knockhill if you fancy a look around. Both Scottish owners clubs are going along this year, instead of the usual one. I think your Mini collection is going to put us all to shame though, just like the Lotus owners did last year!

ianking
13th July 2009, 04:10 PM
Back in the day my Dad had a 944, not a turbo though but it was pretty cool, particularly as I was about 9 years old when he got it. I remember picking it up from Glen Henderson Porsche dealership in Edinburgh.

Scottie
13th July 2009, 04:27 PM
Im trying to find out if our cars are going on display as part of the show or if we are just getting a bit to park at on the grass.
No point cleaning it all if we end up being parked on the muddy grass.

doubt we will get in to the show area as our cars are not classics "yet". reading the knockhill web site you have to submit an entry form for the show area.

Would be good to know how if at all will our club and cars be involved in the day.

Craig
13th July 2009, 04:31 PM
Guys/Gals. I am still waiting on more info re this. I will be down on my hols in the borders from sat morning, so I will be travelling up via edinburgh to knockhill early on sunday morning ;) Not in the good books with Mrs D as she doesn't like an alarm clock on holiday... :yawn::frown:

I think the advice will be get in early, I had been told in the past that there would be an area designated for us to park in and "show" our cars. I don't expect this to change, but I suspect they will only give us so much room, but we do have a large number of cars going, so I hope they will kind to us.

Also I was told that there would be a parade lap for the MINI/minis at some point during the day.

I will give you more info as I have it. :thumbs up:

C

Craig
13th July 2009, 05:16 PM
Update Monday 13th July

We are being given an area to park/show of our cars. It is in the lower paddock overlooking the hairpin. I would suggest having the cars clean, but as this is a gravel area, I wouldn't suggest trying to make your car "concours". We will be in this area with all the classic minis aswell. It has been requested that we are on-site and parked by 09:00hrs. I know this will mean an early start for some (myself included as I am travelling up from near Hawick), but I really do need you all on-site early. There will be reduced entry for the MINI's (the exact details will be known shortly) We will be getting a parade lap round the circuit later on in the day.

There is going to be a bit of competition as Knockhill are doing a "Best in Show" for classic and New MINI.

Craig

Scottie
13th July 2009, 05:20 PM
ok ta we will be there early.:thumbs up:

Hamish
13th July 2009, 07:20 PM
I know its :off topic: and I apologise for that in advance... but Craig, what in gods name are you doing holidaying near Hawick? haha, not that I should be slagging my home town off :rolleyes: ... where you gonna be? :beer:

I suppose it'll be like your abroad whilst your here, if you can speak Polish you'll do great in Morrisons and the other supermarkets... just remember whilst most of the customers are foreign, Morrisons still accept sterling at the tills :thumbs up: hahaha

Craig
13th July 2009, 08:10 PM
I know its :off topic: and I apologise for that in advance... but Craig, what in gods name are you doing holidaying near Hawick? haha, not that I should be slagging my home town off :rolleyes: ... where you gonna be? :beer:

I suppose it'll be like your abroad whilst your here, if you can speak Polish you'll do great in Morrisons and the other supermarkets... just remember whilst most of the customers are foreign, Morrisons still accept sterling at the tills :thumbs up: hahaha

in the Ettrick Valley, near Ettrick itself... middle of nowhere it would appear.. ;)

MINI William
13th July 2009, 08:15 PM
What time you heading up for craig??

Hamish
13th July 2009, 08:16 PM
haha, let you off then... it is seriously stunning up there. If your in Hawick be sure to give me some warning n I'll say hi. :D

Craig
13th July 2009, 08:18 PM
What time you heading up for craig??

thats still under some debate with Mrs D :argh: She seems to think that a 6am alarm call while on holiday isn't a good thing..:rolleyes: Wimen.. :Whistle:

Craig
13th July 2009, 08:19 PM
haha, let you off then... it is seriously stunning up there. If your in Hawick be sure to give me some warning n I'll say hi. :D

will do Hamish, good chance we will be in there are some time during next week. :thumbs up:

Craig
13th July 2009, 08:27 PM
We will have another job on Sunday at the Speedfair. I don't know if any of you have been keeping up with the Calgary MINI Club thread, but it is their 50th Anniversary and obviously 50 years of MINI and they want us to get a pile of signatures on a flag that is due to arrive in Oban on Wed.

Also once we have got the signatures on there, Stephen (MINI Ecosse) is going to take the flag over to Mull and to Calgary Bay to get some photos of the flag there and with his MINI.

It would be great to get as many NMS signatures on the Flag as possible, so even if you can't make it to the Speedfair on Sunday, if you drop by my house after I have the flag you can sign it before I have to send it back to Oban. :thumbs up:

It would be also good if the MINI Racers could sign it, I'll come and see you guys on Sunday :cool:;)

AndyP & Lenore
13th July 2009, 08:28 PM
thats still under some debate with Mrs D :argh: She seems to think that a 6am alarm call while on holiday isn't a good thing..:rolleyes: Wimen.. :Whistle:

Holiday or not, it's not a good thing.

Try working until 11pm the night before!:eek:

A.

MINI William
13th July 2009, 08:33 PM

:eek::eek: You have got to be joking, who wouldn't be happy

Bumble
13th July 2009, 08:45 PM
Looking to come to this on Sunday, a maybe for now :)

Ally S
13th July 2009, 09:23 PM
is everyone just meeting up at the circuit or is there anyone travelling up from Glasgow area?

Gismo
13th July 2009, 09:35 PM
We will have another job on Sunday at the Speedfair. I don't know if any of you have been keeping up with the Calgary MINI Club thread, but it is their 50th Anniversary and obviously 50 years of MINI and they want us to get a pile of signatures on a flag that is due to arrive in Oban on WedCan you sign my name in my absence?

Mini MoJo
13th July 2009, 09:57 PM
Normally we meet somewhere local to your area ie Falkirk/Central guys - Brewers Fayre at Kincardine, Edinburgh/Borders guys - Hermiston Gate etc... Craig, Alan and I try to get there for the 1st rounds of practice so meet up at 8am getting to Knockhill about 8.30am:Whistle:I believe we're getting an 'area' to park in so we should all be able to park there without having to worry about being spread all over Knockhill:rolleyes:

A meet beforehand would good, once we get more info on what's happening i am sure someone will arrange something :smilewinkgrin:

Scottie
13th July 2009, 11:29 PM
no doubt I'll travel up with BG

stoney
14th July 2009, 07:49 AM
is everyone just meeting up at the circuit or is there anyone travelling up from Glasgow area?

sent you a pm :thumbs up:

Craig
14th July 2009, 08:31 AM
Can you sign my name in my absence?

No Probs Boss.. :thumbs up:

Big Gordy
14th July 2009, 09:08 AM
Anybody who wants to travel up with Fi, Allen and me from Kincardine are more than welcome to join us :thumbs up: We'll probably be setting off from Kincardine services at about 8.10am getting up to Knockhill at about 8.45am...ish:yes nod: The more the merrier:cool:

AndyP & Lenore
14th July 2009, 09:39 AM
Can you sign my name in my absence?

No Probs Boss.. :thumbs up:

We could have some fun with that.

Bwa Ha ha ha ha haaaaaaa!:knife::Whistle::moonie:

A.:D

Craig
14th July 2009, 09:41 AM
We could have some fun with that.

Bwa Ha ha ha ha haaaaaaa!:knife::Whistle::moonie:

Just what i was thinking. . :-)

ELFMAN
14th July 2009, 12:07 PM
Stoney - I sent YOU a PM last night Re. travelling up. Give me a shout!

Big Gordy
14th July 2009, 12:14 PM
Elf / Stoney....are you guys planning on tagging onto the convoy at Kincardine at 8..??:Whistle:

Mini MoJo
14th July 2009, 12:34 PM
Anybody who wants to travel up with Fi, Allen and me from Kincardine are more than welcome to join us :thumbs up: We'll probably be setting off from Kincardine services at about 8.10am getting up to Knockhill at about 8.45am...ish:yes nod: The more the merrier:cool:

Cool we will tag along with you guys if that's ok. 8.10am at the car park behind brewers fayre ok?

ELFMAN
14th July 2009, 12:37 PM
Gordy - will hopefully see you guys at Kincardine Services (that's the one on the left just before the bridge?) at about 8.00am. Haven't managed to get Stoney yet, but as we stay 5 mins from each other, we'll probably arrive together. If not, I'll let you know.

TheDoctor46
14th July 2009, 12:41 PM
I may be up there for about 8ish to tag along if thats OK? :thumbs up:
Anyone know what the price on the gate is going to be yet?

Big Gordy
14th July 2009, 12:43 PM
Cool we will tag along with you guys if that's ok. 8.10am at the car park behind brewers fayre ok?

Is that not kinda doubling up your journey if your coming from Mentrie:confused:(I work in Menstrie at Kerry:Whistle:) Would it not be handier for you if you join us as we zoom past the road end that turns off for Dollar:smilewinkgrin:

Big Gordy
14th July 2009, 12:45 PM
Gordy - will hopefully see you guys at Kincardine Services (that's the one on the left just before the bridge?) at about 8.00am..

Cool:thumbs up: Yes that's the one:smilewinkgrin:

Big Gordy
14th July 2009, 12:48 PM
I may be up there for about 8ish to tag along if thats OK? :thumbs up:
Anyone know what the price on the gate is going to be yet?

thats OK with me Ian:cool:
£15 Adults, £8 Concessions. £40 Family.......so the Knockhill website says anyway:rolleyes:

Ooooops.....thats the actual prices for the plebs...still don't know what us mini people will be charged...sorry

V500EMA
14th July 2009, 12:51 PM

Can we tag along with you guys- would be fun to head up in a wee group :D

Ally S
14th July 2009, 12:53 PM
thats OK with me Ian:cool:
£15 Adults, £8 Concessions. £40 Family.......so the Knockhill website says anyway:rolleyes:

Scandal - I looked at this last night and it said £12/£6.

I'll tag along from the services too :thumbs up:

Mini MoJo
14th July 2009, 12:54 PM
Is that not kinda doubling up your journey if your coming from Mentrie:confused:(I work in Menstrie at Kerry:Whistle:) Would it not be handier for you if you join us as we zoom past the road end that turns off for Dollar:smilewinkgrin:

I thought that too but it's getting the timing right! Are going through Powmill? I can wait on the car park and watch out for you then tag on at the end of the convoy? That gives me a little more sleep time!!

Big Gordy
14th July 2009, 12:57 PM
Can we tag along with you guys- would be fun to head up in a wee group :D

Your more than welcome to tag along Emma....but again is it not a long way for a short cut for you in Linlithgow:confused:
Craig and some of the Edinburger / Borders guys will probably be meeting at Hermiston gate and coming over the Forth Road Bridge:thumbs up:
But your more than welcome to join my gang:yes nod:

Big Gordy
14th July 2009, 12:59 PM
I thought that too but it's getting the timing right! Are going through Powmill? I can wait on the car park and watch out for you then tag on at the end of the convoy? That gives me a little more sleep time!!

Yes we'll be going through Powmill:thumbs up: Just tag on the end then:moonie:

Mini MoJo
14th July 2009, 01:01 PM
Yes we'll be going through Powmill:thumbs up: Just tag on the end then:moonie:

Cool, i will 'listen' out for you all! :lol: see you Sunday :thumbs up:

Big Gordy
14th July 2009, 01:02 PM
Scandal - I looked at this last night and it said £12/£6.
You could be right:eek:.....I'll go have another look:rolleyes:
Remember Mark has negotiated a reduction for the NMS folk tho:Whistle:

EDIT....Just checked again and the £12/6 price is for advance booked of the website.

I'll tag along from the services too :thumbs up:
Excellent:cool:

Big Gordy
14th July 2009, 01:04 PM
Cool, i will 'listen' out for you all! :lol: see you Sunday :thumbs up:

Aye.....the melodic sound of half a dozen playmini's at 8am on a Sunday morning:smilewinkgrin:

V500EMA
14th July 2009, 01:06 PM
Your more than welcome to tag along Emma....but again is it not a long way for a short cut for you in Linlithgow:confused:
Craig and some of the Edinburger / Borders guys will probably be meeting at Hermiston gate and coming over the Forth Road Bridge:thumbs up:
But your more than welcome to join my gang:yes nod:

Hermiston gate is maybe a bit closer although think were kinda in the middle :confused:

Knox18
14th July 2009, 01:07 PM
Aye.....the melodic sound of half a dozen playmini's at 8am on a Sunday morning:smilewinkgrin:

I should be along in the cup car, not entering the event so just gonna come along. :shut up:

Big Gordy
14th July 2009, 01:27 PM
Hermiston gate is maybe a bit closer although think were kinda in the middle :confused:

Like I said your more than welcome to join us:bigwave: If the east coasters manage to sort a meet at Hermi then you can jump ship:knife:

Big Gordy
14th July 2009, 01:28 PM
I should be along in the cup car, not entering the event so just gonna come along. :shut up:

Well remember you don't have to overtake everyone before we get there:eek::moonie:

V500EMA
14th July 2009, 01:28 PM
Like I said your more than welcome to join us:bigwave: If the east coasters manage to sort a meet at Hermi then you can jump ship:knife:

Good plan :thumbs up: :D

zimbo
14th July 2009, 01:30 PM
Seeing as it appears Im the only one coming from my part of the world, can I arrange to meet someone i.e Craig/Gordy somewhere off of junction 6 (@ Kinross Services?) so as to join the squad so we can go in as a group?

Big Gordy
14th July 2009, 01:33 PM
It'll no be me Ali:Whistle: I will have seriously overshot the turn off to Knockhill if I end up at Kinross services:laugh:
Although you could wait for us to come past at Powmill (I suggest the shut hotel just before the turn off to Knockhill) and tag on the end..!!

zimbo
14th July 2009, 01:36 PM
Even somewhere close to lnockhill then? I dont mind a little "run on my own" to meet up some people so long as I know where it is...

Big Gordy
14th July 2009, 01:39 PM
See post above yours:Whistle: I must have been editing it when you were typing yours:D

Big Gordy
14th July 2009, 01:41 PM
Why don't you park up outside the now shut Gartwhinzean(spelling) hotel :thumbs up:
Its only about 100 yards past where you would turn off to Knockhill say at about 8.20am and wait for us to cruise past:smilewinkgrin:

zimbo
14th July 2009, 01:45 PM
Ok Gordy, that sounds like a plan, I think I know where you mean :D either way I will find somewhere to wait for you coming past me on the road to knockhill from the north, just let me know what time to be waiting for you? :thumbs up:

Big Gordy
14th July 2009, 01:54 PM
either way I will find somewhere to wait for you coming past me on the road to knockhill from the north, just let me know what time to be waiting for you? :thumbs up:

Surely you mean from the south:eek::eek: You'll need to come past the Knockhill turnoff for us to pass you buddy:Whistle:
You can't miss the bit I'm on about:thumbs up:it's just passed the Knockhill turn off (100 yards) heading south to Kincardine and has recycling bins in it I think:yes nod: If your there for about 8.20am should be fine. We'll leave Kincardine about 8.10am.

Knox18
14th July 2009, 02:13 PM
Well remember you don't have to overtake everyone before we get there:eek::moonie:

ill start pole then :moonie:

nah my mini is sick, it will be driven gently:sad:

Big Gordy
14th July 2009, 02:17 PM
it will be driven gently:sad:

The rest better be as well:Whistle:

zimbo
14th July 2009, 02:40 PM
Surely you mean from the south:eek::eek:

No coz you will be heading SOUTH once you have turned off the main road at Powmill towards knockhill :rolleyes: :lol:

TheDoctor46
14th July 2009, 03:12 PM

Yeah, i'm kinda the same in Armadale, s'pose i could just jump on the M8 to Hermiston Gate, may be quicker. I'll decide closer to the time.

Gordy- is it the garage right on the roundabout just before the Kincardine Bridge the meeting place? :confused:

Big Gordy
14th July 2009, 03:15 PM
Gordy- is it the garage right on the roundabout just before the Kincardine Bridge the meeting place? :confused:

Yip...that's the one:thumbs up:

Knox18
14th July 2009, 03:17 PM
is anyone coming over from my way? (paisley)

Big Gordy
14th July 2009, 03:23 PM
Like I said to Emma, Ian, your more than welcome to join my gang and jump ship if a Hermi Gate option is arranged:thumbs up:
I'm not listing those leaving from Kincardine......if you want to head up with us be there before 8.10am as after that we're gone:bigwave:

Big Gordy
14th July 2009, 03:25 PM

What about Elfman and Stoney Chris...?? There Lanark area:yawn:

TheDoctor46
14th July 2009, 03:26 PM
Like I said to Emma, Ian, your more than welcome to join my gang and jump ship if a Hermi Gate option is arranged:thumbs up:
I'm not listing those leaving from Kincardine......if you want to head up with us be there before 8.10am as after that we're gone:bigwave:

Much appreciated mate :thumbs up:

Big Gordy
14th July 2009, 03:29 PM
No coz you will be heading SOUTH once you have turned off the main road at Powmill towards knockhill :rolleyes: :lol:

Whatever:moonie: Just be there:p

stoney
14th July 2009, 04:00 PM
Cool:thumbs up: Yes that's the one:smilewinkgrin:

3 of us will be there at around 8am ish :thumbs up:

Craig
14th July 2009, 04:59 PM
Started new thread for an Edinburgh/Borders Convoy :smilewinkgrin:

Also, this flag that is coming all the way from Canada. It is currently in Oban and is being mailed to me for Thurs. I will bring it to Knockhill to get some signatures for the Calgary club. :thumbs up: The flag needs to be handed back to Stephen (Mini Ecosse) on Monday night so that he can make the trip to Calgary (On Mull) on Tuesday to get the photos etc that the club want. As I will be going back down to the Borders to continue my holiday, I need a volunteer to meet up with Stephen kinda half way from Oban about Tyndrum.

Anyone want to volunteer ?

C.Noble
14th July 2009, 05:13 PM
PM sent Craig :thumbs up:!

Craig
14th July 2009, 05:31 PM
PM sent Craig :thumbs up:!

and replied.

Looks like the job is yours if you want Craig. :thumbs up:

Crombers
15th July 2009, 08:19 AM

Newton Mearns ain't too far away :thumbs up:

I'm gonna pop on up to meet the Kincardine Bridge Possy at 08:00/08:10

Ally S
15th July 2009, 12:58 PM

yeah, me. I'll be heading past Paisley on the M8. what time were you gonna leave Paisley at?

Knox18
15th July 2009, 01:12 PM
about 720am or so? where could i meet you, could meet crombers at the shell garage in cumbernauld?

Ally S
15th July 2009, 03:38 PM
about 720am or so? where could i meet you, could meet crombers at the shell garage in cumbernauld?

How about the Arkleston inn? Just next to the Shell garage at Renfrew across the M8 from B&Q

Knox18
15th July 2009, 03:46 PM
How about the Arkleston inn? Just next to the Shell garage at Renfrew across the M8 from B&Q

yeh sounds good thats just next to my gym :thumbs up:

Ally S
15th July 2009, 04:05 PM
yeh sounds good thats just next to my gym :thumbs up:

cool, 7:20 then?

Crombers
15th July 2009, 04:07 PM

I'd be backtracking meeting there lads, I'll see you at Kincardine :thumbs up:

Are you racing this weekend Chris ?

Big Gordy
15th July 2009, 04:11 PM

^^^^^Keep up Crombers:rolleyes::moonie:

zimbo
15th July 2009, 04:50 PM
^^^^^Keep up Crombers:rolleyes::moonie:

Oi give the man a break, remember he aint as young as he used to be... :lol:

Ally S
15th July 2009, 05:41 PM
I'd be backtracking meeting there lads, I'll see you at Kincardine :thumbs up:

Are you racing this weekend Chris ?

we'll still be passing Cumbernauld though

Craig
15th July 2009, 07:59 PM
Ok Guys/Gals. Here is the important bit. :thumbs up:

All MINI Drivers will get in Free before 09:30hrs.

All passengers in MINI's will be only £5 each before 09:30hrs

If you turn up after 09:30hrs, you WILL be charged full price for entry and will NOT get to park with all the other MINI's down near the hairpin.

I think we all have to say a BIG thank you to Mark Dryden for brokering this deal and also to Stuart Gray from Knockhill for agreeing to this Cracking Price :clap::clap:

Scottie
15th July 2009, 08:05 PM
Craig, I know Gismo is thinking about laser eye treatment and we are all here to help him along but still that is rather large lettering:p:p;);):moonie:

Craig
15th July 2009, 08:08 PM
Craig, I know Gismo is thinking about laser eye treatment and we are all here to help him along but still that is rather large lettering:p:p;);):moonie:

just making sure nobody misses the info and says "I didn't know that". :shut up::rolleyes:;)

even making it easier for the "oldies" to read it. :thumbs up:

Gismo
15th July 2009, 08:22 PM
Craig, I know Gismo is thinking about laser eye treatment and we are all here to help him along but still that is rather large lettering:p:p;);):moonie::moonie:

AndyP & Lenore
15th July 2009, 08:48 PM
Yeah thanks Mark and Stuart.:thumbs up:

MINI William
15th July 2009, 09:02 PM
Yeah thanks Mark and Stuart.:thumbs up:

+1

MINI William
15th July 2009, 09:03 PM

:laugh:

zimbo
16th July 2009, 12:00 AM
:thumbs up: :clap: :clap: thank you guys... :clap:

Stewart
16th July 2009, 12:07 AM
Wait a mo so it’s free for Mini Owners.......:thumbs up:and we get to park in our own parking place.........that’s a bit too good to miss. Put me down…Plus we get to see the Mini's racing…..

Is this the point that people are meeting up just before the bridge at 8am?

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=56.053611,-3.759706&t=h&sll=56.054893,-3.75771&sspn=0.008327,0.019205&ie=UTF8&ll=56.054893,-3.75771&spn=0.008327,0.019205&z=16&iwloc=A

Craig
16th July 2009, 06:57 AM
Wait a mo so it’s free for Mini Owners.......:thumbs up:and we get to park in our own parking place.........that’s a bit too good to miss. Put me down…Plus we get to see the Mini's racing…..

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=56.053611,-3.759706&t=h&sll=56.054893,-3.75771&sspn=0.008327,0.019205&ie=UTF8&ll=56.054893,-3.75771&spn=0.008327,0.019205&z=16&iwloc=A

Yeah, that's the meeting point. :yes nod:

thats you added - See you Sunday :thumbs up:

Crombers
16th July 2009, 08:43 AM
Oi give the man a break, remember he aint as young as he used to be... :lol:

:moonie:

Crombers
16th July 2009, 08:45 AM

You just aim for about 7am :rolleyes: ;)

MINI William
16th July 2009, 08:47 AM
You just aim for about 7am :rolleyes: ;)

Shoudn't laugh but i did :laugh:

Stewart
16th July 2009, 09:28 AM
Its ok I plan to only take pictures at the Track and not on the drive up………..:D

31 miles from my doorstep to the meet up point so if I leave just after seven I’ll be fine…

Knox18
16th July 2009, 10:01 AM
Crombers do you want to meet us at the shell cumbernauld?

camjay
16th July 2009, 01:56 PM
Guys. Need to give my apologies. Won't be able to be there that early. I'm definately coming up later, so will come over and say "hi". :thumbs up:

Stoney - have PM'd you.

Crombers
16th July 2009, 06:12 PM
Crombers do you want to meet us at the shell cumbernauld?

Go on then :thumbs up:, what time are you thinking at Cumbernauld for us to meet the Kincardine possy at 08:00/08:10 ?

Crombers
16th July 2009, 06:15 PM
we'll still be passing Cumbernauld though

See you there :thumbs up:

mizemz
16th July 2009, 06:55 PM
Gordy i might join you at the services if u dont mind.
Ill defo b there now car all fixed :thumbs up:

stoney
16th July 2009, 10:27 PM
thats a good deal looking forward to this

Craig
16th July 2009, 11:27 PM
Guys. Need to give my apologies. Won't be able to be there that early. I'm definately coming up later, so will come over and say "hi". :thumbs up:

Stoney - have PM'd you.

No Probs. :thumbs up:

Big Gordy
17th July 2009, 08:54 AM
Gordy i might join you at the services if u dont mind.
Ill defo b there now car all fixed :thumbs up:

No worries:thumbs up:see you there:cool:

Craig
17th July 2009, 09:12 AM
I have the flag in my posession now so a wee reminder to all, please see me and sign the flag in the morning as it's courier will be leaving knockhill prob shortly after lunchtime :thumbs up:

I'll also go round the racers and get some of your sigs also. ;)

Knox18
17th July 2009, 12:30 PM
Go on then :thumbs up:, what time are you thinking at Cumbernauld for us to meet the Kincardine possy at 08:00/08:10 ?

I'll meet allys in paisley at 715ish then should be in the nauld for around 740am? then that allows us to blast along to kincardine in 20-25 mins :thumbs up:

i dunno im just guessing :lol:

ELFMAN
17th July 2009, 02:48 PM
BIG THANKS to Mark and the Knockhill folks for such an superb deal - you can't beat that!

I'm just waiting for some moans that we're not 'Classics' at the 'Classic Speedfair'... I reckon our MINIs (especially the 1st Gen version) are certain to be 'FUTURE CLASSICS' - so we're just getting in on the act early!!!

TheDoctor46
17th July 2009, 02:56 PM
Hope the weather picks up for Sunday!! :sad:

C.Noble
17th July 2009, 03:07 PM
BIG THANKS to Mark and the Knockhill folks for such an superb deal - you can't beat that!

I'm just waiting for some moans that we're not 'Classics' at the 'Classic Speedfair'... I reckon our MINIs (especially the 1st Gen version) are certain to be 'FUTURE CLASSICS' - so we're just getting in on the act early!!!

The old Mini might claim the "Classic" title (for now...), the 1st generation MINI can claim the "Speed" bit!!! :smilewinkgrin:

Scottie
17th July 2009, 03:28 PM
We are now a doubt for this. Allan is confined to the house for the
next 24 hours as he is showing symptoms of swine flu if he gets worse in
that period the doc has said we are to phone nhs 24. Fingers crossed it's just a sickness bug but it came on very sudden high temp sickess cough tiredness etc etc

Craig
17th July 2009, 03:35 PM
We are now a doubt for this. Allan is confined to the house for the
next 24 hours as he is showing symptoms of swine flu if he gets worse in
that period the doc has said we are to phone nhs 24. Fingers crossed it's just a sickness bug but it came on very sudden high temp sickess cough tiredness etc etc

Not great news... you can't catch it from alcantara can you? :lol:

my big sis has been confined to her house for the past week, not allowed to go out or interact with anyone. :frown: She is now back at work but she wasn't diagnosed with swine flu, just a virul infection.

Fingers crossed Allan pics up for Sunday :thumbs up:

Crombers
17th July 2009, 06:19 PM
I'll meet allys in paisley at 715ish then should be in the nauld for around 740am? then that allows us to blast along to kincardine in 20-25 mins :thumbs up:

i dunno im just guessing :lol:

See you 07:40 :thumbs up:

Crombers
17th July 2009, 06:20 PM
I reckon our MINIs (especially the 1st Gen version) are certain to be 'FUTURE CLASSICS' - so we're just getting in on the act early!!!

:rolleyes: have been thinking this for a while myself :thumbs up:

Crombers
17th July 2009, 06:24 PM

Yup :thumbs up:, top deal, well done troops :clap:

Burple
18th July 2009, 07:36 AM
Hey Mark.. if there's space, we're gonna try to get along to this one too!
(Me +1 - 1 car ta..)
Cheers!

:thumbs up:

Scottie
18th July 2009, 07:41 AM
Not great news... you can't catch it from alcantara can you? :lol:

my big sis has been confined to her house for the past week, not allowed to go out or interact with anyone. :frown: She is now back at work but she wasn't diagnosed with swine flu, just a virul infection.

Fingers crossed Allan pics up for Sunday :thumbs up:

He is fine this morning. Just sent him out to finish detailing my car for me:thumbs up: all ready for tomorrow

Stewart
18th July 2009, 08:26 AM
Poor man he's out cleaning the car before 8am:thud:, I really should wash my car again, it was cleaned on Wednesday. Only half the street seen me so only half will think I’ve got Obsessive-compulsive disorder, at the very least the windows need going over………..

weefossy
18th July 2009, 08:40 AM
Can you add Mom and I please, if there is a space. I managed to get back from London this morning on sleeper train. Yahoo

Craig
18th July 2009, 09:27 AM
(Me +1 - 1 car ta..)
Cheers!

Ok short stuff - mind, if your late it's FULL price... :moonie::thumbs up:

and I think we should park next to each other:yes nod:

Craig
18th July 2009, 09:28 AM
Can you add Mom and I please, if there is a space. I managed to get back from London this morning on sleeper train. Yahoo

Great Stuff Malcolm. See you tomorrow :thumbs up:

zimbo
18th July 2009, 05:00 PM
(Me +1 - 1 car ta..)
Cheers!

OMG I cant believe you were up at that time of day to make this post!!! :eek: :thud:

Scottie
18th July 2009, 09:55 PM
how many mini owners and cars do we need to hijack tomorrow so we can make the number of minis up to fifty.:Whistle::yes nod::yes nod:

ELFMAN
18th July 2009, 10:38 PM
Well there are 25 NMS cars, so if we drive the parade lap twice as fast as everybody else, that should do the trick! See y'all tomorrow, I've washed and dried the car, so it'll be raining. Set alarm for 6.00am... must be deranged. Oh, that's right - I AM.

Scottie
18th July 2009, 10:39 PM
Well there are 25 NMS cars, so if we drive the parade lap twice as fast as everybody else, that should do the trick! See y'all tomorrow, I've washed and dried the car, so it'll be raining. Set alarm for 6.00am... must be deranged. Oh, that's right - I AM.

27 cars:Whistle:

Stewart
18th July 2009, 10:40 PM
Should be at the Bridge services before 8AM, I suspect I’ll see a few mini’s on the way over. We might be lucky with the weather, well after the Picnic and the Twilight runs the weather gods have been with us…..so let hope we get a bit of dry weather……..:thumbs up:

Knox18
18th July 2009, 11:11 PM
i'm going for the used look hahaha

see you lot in the morning

715 @ arkleston

740 @ cumbernauld shell station

800 @ bp garage

Sheilz
18th July 2009, 11:30 PM
Specy will tag on at the end.

MINI William
19th July 2009, 06:00 PM
Thanks to all involved for today.We had a great day with the NMS group with lots of banter and laughs as usal.The historic racing was good along with the auto testing :thumbs up:.Some stunning older cars there today (HS & HSR Chevette, RS1800,RS's & Avenger Tigers) Pics to follow

TheDoctor46
19th July 2009, 06:17 PM
Avenger Tigers Pics to follow

Ooooooh!!! Hurry with the pics mate!!! I love the Tigers, my Dad had one when i was a nipper, absolutely loved it!!!! Very very quick cars in there day!! :cool:

Stewart
19th July 2009, 06:51 PM
The classic cars were fantastic, such a great number. i'll leave the tigers to my man above but will post some pics as im on my phone just now in the chinky. The fords were the stand out. The mk 1 escorts looked stunning.

Shame the show on the track was so late for the minis, thnik if we had got on around 12 it would have seen 100 on the track.

Ally S
19th July 2009, 07:35 PM
Was a great day, i'm rather burnt even though there wasn't that much sun. A great selection of cars from 911 GT2's to bentleys to old rovers and mg's.

Nice to meet all you forums peeps and put some faces to names.

Scottie
19th July 2009, 07:49 PM
WOW what a long day managed a wee forty winks in the car though;)

Thought the turn out of all our Minis was great some shiny cars out there.

Ian King your Mini was looking top dollar from the crisp clean wheels to the top of the roof best I've seen a Mini detailed yet.

I really enjoyed the day have loads of pics once Allan has been through them all.

Got to say though it was a shame we didn't get to do the lap early.:frown::frown:

I enjoyed the walk to watch the rally that was just finishing but got to see cool classics along the way.:cool:
The vintage racing motors bikes were my fav I wish they had got longer to do laps much more entertaining than watching the Legends. (are they classics by the way):confused:

Loved the old tractors, Lorries and bedford van:thumbs up:

Stewart
19th July 2009, 08:28 PM
Here you go a taste..........bit rough.:D easy Tiger....

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/speedfair1.jpg

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/speedfair10.jpg

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/speedfair11.jpg

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/speedfair8.jpg

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/speedfair9.jpg

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/speedfair2.jpg

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/speedfair15.jpg

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/speedfair12.jpg

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/speedfair7.jpg

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/speedfair6.jpg

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/speedfair5.jpg

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/speedfair4.jpg

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/speedfair3.jpg

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/speedfair13.jpg

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/speedfair14.jpg

Knox18
19th July 2009, 09:22 PM
not a bad wee day!

cant believe im sunburnt! :confused: didnt think the sun was out that long!

enjoyed watching the races today for a change and thought all the racing was great!

apologies to ally for sleeping in but crombers did the same also :hand:

well done to all that took part in the 2 driver race, me and rambo had some good entertainment from the scaffolding at duffus!

best part of the day for me was the "spirited" drive to the circuit eh crombers :lol::lol:

MINI William
19th July 2009, 09:36 PM
Just relised that we are all sunburnt, cant belive it, ot wasent that sunny

ELFMAN
19th July 2009, 09:39 PM
Nice photos SAV. Enjoyed strolling along looking at all the great older cars - gets you thinking what you could do with a wad of 'spare' dosh and some garage space... Historic Racing was excellent - all the different makes and sounds - didn't that 260Z sound the business? And what about that classic 'Castrol R' smell? Takes me back that does! Loved the old bikes too. MINI racing was as close and entertaining as ever, and again a big thank you to Mark Dryden for arranging such a bargain day out for the NMS gang. Only gripe would be that the MINI/Mini clubs didn't get to do their 'parade laps' at the same time as the other clubs, as the combined numbers far outweighed any other make on the day. We left after the final MINI race, having said cheerio and ta to Mark - even at that stage it would still have been a while before we took to the track - and by that time a good few of 'our' cars had left (along with many spectators). IMHO the organisers missed a trick there as they could have had around 65+ (I didn't count) Minis from the 60's to the present day on track, and I'm sure the spectators would've enjoyed the time-spanning cavalcade. The 'Classics' were still there when we left, so maybe the were more keen to get their moment of glory!

Still, the lack of a parade certainly didn't waste the day for me, and I thought the NMS turnout did us proud with all those shiny machines. Nice to see everybody, usual suspects and new arrivals, and a special mention to Sioban and Malcolm for their 'Chuck Wagon' feeding station! RE. Sunburn: My entire 'napper' looks like a tomato with eyes painted on it and has absorbed about a gallon of 'after sun' since I got home - the perils of intermittent sunshine/cloud and hat-confusion... See you all soon.

ps. Bumble - I'll save you my next Snickers bar... unless I get the munchies again.

AndyP & Lenore
19th July 2009, 10:37 PM
Terrific day today:D. Absolutely loved the banter all day:laugh:. Now I see what I'm missing when I'm crawling around the trackside taking piccies:sad:. Now I'm torn.:confused:

A huge thank you to Mark Dryden (AKA Shaft) and Stuart Gray for organising the location for the MINI's and for the hugely discounted entry.:clap:

It is a shame the parade for the MINI's was stuck at the ass-end of the day, but I guess "someone/thing" had to come last. Alas time was ticking away, stomaches were empty and after-sun cream was calling.

A wee question for everyone... how come if we spent almost the entire day with our back to the wind, dodging rain clouds and hiding under £4 umbrella's do I look like a plum tomato? Liberal coats of after sun and I'm still gonna have time putting my head on the pillow tonight.

All worth it though - great day!:clap:

Well done also to the SMCC drivers who (for the most part) managed to keep the cars on all four wheels and gave us a thrilling 30 laps. And a HUGE well done to Al Cameron (Owner of the Dominion Cinema in Edinburgh) who was Mark Dryden's trusty co-driver for the day.:clap:

A.:thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
19th July 2009, 10:47 PM
Opppps. Forgot this....

Craig is on his holypops this week and doesn't have access to a PC, so he asked me to post up his gratitude to Mark Dryden and Stuart at Knockhill for today.:clap:

Job done.:smilewinkgrin:

Scottie
19th July 2009, 11:12 PM
Ian Kings Mini well polished and a reflection of Allans old Oxygen Blue taken at Knockhill today was nice to meet the folks who now have her/him.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/DSC_0780.jpg

Bumble
20th July 2009, 08:02 AM
Had a fabbie day yesterday, checking out all the classic motors and some dramatic moments on the track. Thanks to Mark for sorting us out the deal :thumbs up:.

stoney
20th July 2009, 08:03 AM
had a brill day sunburnt head but hay how

ianking
20th July 2009, 08:24 AM
Had a great day yesterday thanks to Mark for a great discount day out.

Shame about the parade being so late, unfortunately I had to get away as my mate Paul and I had to get home.

Thanks Fi for the kind comments r.e my shine.

Crombers
20th July 2009, 10:04 AM
apologies to ally for sleeping in but crombers did the same also :hand:

best part of the day for me was the "spirited" drive to the circuit eh crombers :lol::lol:

Yup apologies to Ally for the sleep in , no excuses :blush:

As for the drive up :eek:

or should I say :thumbs up: liked the way you took the 'line' on public roads :yes nod:

Grand day out, great deal for us all but a pity we did not all get the chance to parade in front of the crowd. That would have been a fantasitc sight to see. If the classic boys & girls hung about til the end then you deserve to take a bow.

Oh & how the fcuk am I burnt :confused:

Stewart
20th July 2009, 11:27 AM
Embarrassed to say I seen Mr kings outstanding car close up, in fact if he’d seen me he would have probably came over as I was looking at those non swirl pillars like a real trainspotter, but still cant put a face to the car:blush:……Should have made an effort to find out who was who more…on a better note happy to have found out who the “apologies” Cinema people are…. Nice to put a few more faces to names on here…..:thumbs up:

Knox18
20th July 2009, 11:29 AM
As for the drive up :eek:

or should I say :thumbs up: liked the way you took the 'line' on public roads :yes nod:

its the fastest way to get to knockhill at the speed limit of course :thumbs up::Whistle:

mizemz
20th July 2009, 12:40 PM
great day yesterday was nice to put names to faces.
All cars were lookin great.
Im all red on the face 2 but what i found out is if the wind is strong on your face you can get wind burn so that maybe what it is or it could be from the little sun we did have lol xx

Crombers
20th July 2009, 01:02 PM
its the fastest way to get to knockhill at the speed limit of course :thumbs up::Whistle:

Absolutley :rolleyes: :D

Ally S
20th July 2009, 01:03 PM
no probs crombers and knox. By the sounds of it it was probably a good thing I was ahead of you guys :D

weefossy
20th July 2009, 08:00 PM
Great day out, at a very reasonable price. Thanks again Mark.
Apologies also that we had to leave early, but I was feeling cr@p (cr@p)
Stayed off work today as I was no better, which is not like me.
Mom only had 1/2 a pork pie left so she was "happy as a sandman" :D

Scottie
20th July 2009, 08:25 PM
some pictures taken by Allan from yesterday a mix of everything from the day. There is a couple of pics with captions underneath them so look out for them;).

Anyway hope you enjoy.:thumbs up:

click HERE (http://jalbum.net/browse/user/album/263028/)

and Hamish in front of another Mini:eek::eek maybe it wasn't Hamish driving:Whistle:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/Hamish.jpg

Mini Ecosse
20th July 2009, 09:02 PM
Crackin piccies:thumbs up:

Stewart
20th July 2009, 09:31 PM
Great pics but thats some serious gear your man has, think he could have seen the pilot in the planes fillings with that Zoom lens.:D

http://file047b.bebo.com/4/large/2009/07/20/15/8670123900a11263813064l.jpg

http://file049b.bebo.com/6/large/2009/07/20/11/8670123900a11262503066l.jpg

http://file049b.bebo.com/5/large/2009/07/20/14/8670123900a11263612827l.jpg

http://file049b.bebo.com/6/large/2009/07/20/11/8670123900a11262503229l.jpg

http://file049b.bebo.com/6/large/2009/07/20/11/8670123900a11262502840l.jpg

Knox18
20th July 2009, 09:38 PM
http://file047b.bebo.com/4/large/2009/07/20/15/8670123900a11263813064l.jpg

that white classic with red rims was also driven by a "knox" :thumbs up:

Crombers
21st July 2009, 01:13 PM
that white classic with red rims was also driven by a "knox" :thumbs up:

Copyright law I tell you, get whoever it is paying you up :rolleyes: :Whistle:

Duncan Stewart
23rd July 2009, 08:41 PM
Fantastic event :cool: Loved seeing all these classic cars.
great photos everyone

NeuroBeaker
24th July 2009, 07:25 PM
I was at this event too. Popped in briefly to ask about brakes when I saw someone else running GTT Spiroslots. :smilewinkgrin:

During the Classic Parade at the end of the day, I was the R50 with the hood up and the RAC in attendance... :blush: Turned out the battery gave up for no apparent reason (didn't run it down with anything) and the car wouldn't start. Never did find out why the headlights would flash when I tried to start it... a bit odd, but I guess strange things can happen with a battery at the end of its life.

Great to see all the pictures. :thumbs up:

All the best,
Andrew.

Stewart
24th July 2009, 09:41 PM
Felt a bit sorry for the Mini owners doing the procession, There must have been all of sixteen people left watching. When you think that hill over from us was full of cars and by five there was only few lines.

I missed it having left just before six:blush:……What time did they go round mate?

mini saltire
25th July 2009, 08:56 AM
I am just back from my holidays today so I am just catching up with the nms chat so apologies for the time delay.

I am glad you all enjoyed the day. Good to see so many of you making the effort to show off your cars. I agree that Knockhill dropped the ball on not getting the Minis out at lunchtime:frown: I will pass on your thoughts.

Thanks to all the usual suspects for their support... in fact no.... thanks for all their piss taking about another Drive shaft popping :moonie:;). If it wasn't for the humour I would defo be in tears by now!!:lol:

:clap::clap:A huge thank you to Chris Pearson for the use of his car. That saved us tip-toeing round another potential failure. What can I say Chris...Legend:clap::clap:

I thought we did well in the race to finish 5th considering the first time I had driven that car was straight out the pits after the driver change :eek:. You can't beat the feeling of complete uncertainty of a different car on different suspension combined with the fact that your belts are twisted and you are falling about inside the car trying to tighten the belts that can't get any tighter as they are now in complete knots :Whistle:. Combine that with a complete novice to racing cars in Al Cameron who took to the Minis very quickly and should be proud of his performance:clap:.

Thanks to all the guys at Mini Max yet again and I felt so sorry for Craig Noble who so nearly got out to play with the rest of us idiots!!

NeuroBeaker
25th July 2009, 05:35 PM
Felt a bit sorry for the Mini owners doing the procession, There must have been all of sixteen people left watching. When you think that hill over from us was full of cars and by five there was only few lines.

I missed it having left just before six:blush:……What time did they go round mate?

Well, I gave the Mini owners some applause as they were going round - though I admit I was blushing quite a bit at the time. :blush:

I think it was 6:45pm that they went around. I had to call the RAC out early as I had realised early on when I tried to move the MINI to a more prime spot that it wasn't starting. Knockhill staff had told me they were locking the carpark at 7:00pm, so couldn't wait until after the Mini parade.

It was nice seeing a lot of the classics there that day. I remember one very interesting one that was mid- or rear-engined and looked pretty quick. Who owned that one?

All the best,
Andrew.

Stewart
25th July 2009, 05:42 PM
The lads know the driver it’s a Honda type R engine apparently and goes like, well you can guess………………..I remember saying when they were saying they would buy it if they could. Not my kind of thing I like the original Mini’s Original.

Burple
27th July 2009, 03:43 PM
Some more pics from the day.. maybe a wee bit late... :Whistle::blush:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2527/3761335205_676e81523b_o.jpg
:eek::eek::cool::cool: Wow! Love it!!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2590/3761335021_44c2d41a8b_o.jpg
Looking good as ever! :cool:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2425/3762135988_b954ee0fb4_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2451/3761333375_033f37df44_o.jpg

Rest of them are on Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/29054871@N02/sets/72157621858143022/)

Stewart
27th July 2009, 07:27 PM

Wait a mo these are inside....Balls missed them...did not see anything in them:frown:

NeuroBeaker
28th July 2009, 01:03 PM

Wait a mo these are inside....Balls missed them...did not see anything in them:frown:

Same here... I had no idea there was anything indoors. :blush:

Also, I never did figure out where they parked those F1-engined sprint cars... :frown:

Burple
31st July 2009, 03:38 PM
Same here... I had no idea there was anything indoors. :blush:

Also, I never did figure out where they parked those F1-engined sprint cars... :frown:

:shut up:;)

...on the opposite side of these ones inside! along with a load of old classic bikes!
We spotted the Tiger on the way past through an open door, so nipped in for a nosey! :cool::thumbs up: