PDA

View Full Version : Vote in my first poll on MINI2.com please!

Wul
17th April 2003, 06:21 PM
How many times have you had warranty repairs carried out?

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29139

I'm starting to get bored with the drive to Dunedin MINI every month!

GAJ
17th April 2003, 08:25 PM
Your teeth will rot with all the tins of travel sweets! Perhaps you should start a new poll - "What is your favourite flavour of Dunedin supplied travel sweets?"
The last time my car was in I noticed that someone had scribbled on the job sheet that the car was affected by this suspension bolt recall but when I asked about it they said they could not do it now as they didn't have the new bolts yet! They said that they would just wait till the first service! I suspect the car will probably be back before then though!

Julz
17th April 2003, 08:53 PM
Beside my sat nav having got the chills and taking me for drives through the north sea (I think BabyB wanted to know if Alan was offshore!!) my main prob is rattles. Although, saying that, I'm getting a funny clinking sound from my steering rack now, can someone please tell me this is normal!!!:evil:;)

Wul
17th April 2003, 09:19 PM
My dad is happy cause he thinks the tins are great for storing nik-naks. I had 5 different tins on the go at one point! Citrus one are definately the best.

:D

Linda M
17th April 2003, 11:14 PM
Daisy is perfect :D:D:D
And our dealers are brilliant considering that I go in and annoy them every other week but I always get a coffee and chat. The 3 guys we deal with are SOOOO nice and helpful. The 'head' guys came out looking the other day when I was in ordering the JCW kit, think they were shocked to see a GIRL :cool:

Wul
17th April 2003, 11:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

My dad is happy cause he thinks the tins are great for storing nik-naks. I had 5 different tins on the go at one point! Citrus one are definately the best.

:D

Hey Monsta! - that's not what i wrote!:eek: edit your own posts!:D

Monsta Mo Mini
18th April 2003, 12:23 AM
Ooops - don't know how that happened! :clown:

Haha! the power must have gone to my head:evil::D

Wul
18th April 2003, 12:42 AM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

Ooops - don't know how that happened! :clown:

Haha! the power must have gone to my head:evil::D

:blackeye: Yeh thats right Dr Evil:evil:

Woooooohhhhhhhaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!:eek:

:D:D:D

Wul
18th April 2003, 12:44 AM
BTW - i'm off to collect my tins of sweets now (hopefully my MINI will be there too!) update on the flavour of the week tomorrow!

Linda M
18th April 2003, 05:02 AM
Wul, does your MINI live at Dunedin ??????????

3GGG
18th April 2003, 05:57 AM
No sweeties from Morrison's of Kirkcaldy.:mad:
' It taks a lang spoon tae sup wi' a Fifer.";)

They make a nice job of valeting the MINI however. Must find another rattle as the wheels are filthy again.:clown:

Wul
18th April 2003, 04:26 PM
AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!1:mad::mad::mad:

Now i'm really getting peed off!!

Picked up from work at 4.45 - finally left Dunedins at 18.00!

Car is booked in again! 29th April to get speedo cluster number 2! and to have a new seat back fitted as they broke my one taking it off for the fourth time! At present the original seat back is hanging off at the bottom where they broke the fastners!!

Looks like they did everything else ok but only time will tell!

Oh and jack and wheel brace for mini inc VAT - that will be £31 please Mr Scott!

AND....then i got in the car ....... NO BLOODY SWEETS!:mad: after all that!

So time for a snotty letter to Mr Dunedin methinks!

Monsta/GAJ - do either of you know the name of the head shead of service at Dunedins?

Wul
18th April 2003, 04:31 PM
Oh and when they washed the car they parked it next to the main road in the sun - so all the stoor if the day stuck to it and the water dried on it so streaky that you'd never have known i'd spent the whole weekend polishing it! No joke it looked dirtier than when i dropped it off!

AAARRGGGHHH!!!

3GGG
18th April 2003, 05:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Oh and jack and wheel brace for mini inc VAT - that will be £31 please Mr Scott!

AND....then i got in the car ....... NO BLOODY SWEETS!:mad: after all that!

So time for a snotty letter to Mr Dunedin methinks!

After all that hastle, I can understand your anger.

- At Morrisons it was £35 for the jack/wheelbrace and the polystyrene holder that goes under the boot carpet. (I see they call it the oddment tray)

I'm off to paint my brake calipers and the rusty bits on the discs edges after John pointed it out to me at Knockhill.

Wul
18th April 2003, 06:18 PM
3GGG - a fuller reply in your post on MINI2.com but needless to say i'm going to write to BMW and cc my original dealer with a copy of the bill!

3GGG
18th April 2003, 08:57 PM
Fine Wul, I saw that reply on MINI2.
Having a spot of lunch after painting the brake calliper/disc edge of one rear wheel. This is going to take all day. It does allow me to clean the wheels properly though. Must say it looks really nice now - only 3 more to do...

Gismo
18th April 2003, 11:32 PM
Finally got round to voting on MINI2, do i win a tin of mini sweets :evil:

Only 3 visits for me and great service.

Bonnie Scotland

Wul
21st April 2003, 11:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Finally got round to voting on MINI2, do i win a tin of mini sweets :evil:

I would have gladly given them to you BS but the stingy gits never left me any this time!

Wul
21st April 2003, 11:55 PM
AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH (again!):mad::mad:

What the F is going on!:mad: My Airbag warning light has now come on! I suspect it is becauase of the drivers seat back flapping about and has caught the wiring for the side airbags(a well known fault already) but this is REALLY trying my patience now!

Oh and the squeak from the steering wheel they said was fixed is still there.:mad:

Wul
21st April 2003, 11:58 PM
Oh and also forgot to mention:

NEVER LET DUNEDIN WASH YOUR CAR!

After spending all last weekend polishing the MINI i washed it yesterday and found very faint brush scuffs on the bonnet from their bloody car wash! I think it is only in the extra thick wax coat i put on the bonnet but it is annoying all the same!

NEVER AGAIN!

Linda M
21st April 2003, 11:59 PM
I feel sorry for you Wul as you're not having a great time of it right now :(

Monsta Mo Mini
22nd April 2003, 04:17 AM
Wul - I think it's time you took things to the next level. I wouldn't even bother taking it back to Dunedin. Call them up and ask for the contact details of Head of Customer Services for Scotland. It's really starting to sound like your getting into the territory where rejecting the car wouldn't be unreasonable. I think you've been through quite enough!

Wul
22nd April 2003, 05:04 PM
MMM - thats exactly what i'm about to do this morning - i'm going to phone Dunedin for the address and ask them to fax me the last job sheet as well so i can read the technicians comments as i'm not a happy bunny - oh and now the dash has a couple of extra rattles for good measure from where they presumably removed the speedo cluster to test it!

Don't know if any of the faults are serious enough to reject the car totally (apart from the airbag one!) but i really want to be satisfied with my car and not expect to have to go back once a month for the next 2 1/2 years as there would be no-way i'd keep it after that if it was still having as many problems outwith the warranty period!

Sigh!:(

Willie M
23rd April 2003, 03:38 PM
Can't believe what you're being put through Wul :( That is just hellish :disapprove:

I agree with MMM on this one, it's time to take it to the next level. See if you can get the head of Customer Services for Scotland, failing that I'd get straight on to MINI UK.

The level of service (or lack of) you are getting from the dealership is pathetic, nobody should have to put up with that.

Use the term 'not fit for purpose' as much as you can in relation to the cars faults and ailments. Its a term that should certainly spur them into action. Although your car has a three year warranty it doesn't mean you should have to run to the dealership once a month to keep your car functional.

Best of luck, keep us posted and let us know how you get on.

Wul
29th April 2003, 07:39 PM
Update! Dropped the car in to Dunedins this morning - Jim Carroll the Service manager spent 20mins going through the works to be carried out today in detail so hopefully it should be sorted to my satisfaction! He is still reviewing the rest of my letter at present.

However he did also note that i had commented on the car wash at Dunedin - and has stated that the cars are NEVER put through an automatic carwash but are jetwashed by lance only. So God knows where the scuffs were from!

Wul

PS: as i drove up the office in the courtesy ONE this morning it's airbag light came on!!! What Joy!

Linda M
29th April 2003, 07:46 PM
Hope you get 'some' joy later today when you pick your MINI up Wul :)

macblob
6th June 2003, 09:26 PM
ive had a list of warranty repairs carried out by dunedin too

Last time i went in i thought the customer service was better thant before, so hopefully they might get there act together

I was never out the place for the 1st 6 months of owning the car

Bmw build quality - lol , what a laugh

Wul
6th June 2003, 11:02 PM
Macblob - i feel your pain!

I finally got an offer of £300 worth of accessories as a gesture of goodwill.

Tahra
11th June 2003, 01:44 AM
Wul,
Ive saying a lot about dealers under your brakepad thread, including why we left Dunedin and are now leaving Eastern.....and we never got sweeties from either of them ! We're about to write to BMW about Eastern telling us to buy new brake discs when it turns out theres nothing wrong with them ! Have fun spending the wad.:D

Wul
11th June 2003, 02:30 AM
Tahra - the contact details you need are as follows:

Trevor.Houghton-Berry@bmw.co.uk

or

BMW (GB) Ltd
Ellesfield Avenue
Bracknell
Berkshire
RG12 8TA

phone 01344 480880
fax 01344 359860

Don't forget to CC Both dealerships your letter - you might get a bit better service next time.

Good Luck in your efforts.

Wul

Tahra
11th June 2003, 04:40 PM
Cheers, Ill pass that on to my other half, I think he's been asking about addresses on Mini2. Ill let him right the letter too. Last time I ranted to a motor company it was to Vauxhall after being told that my 4 year old Corsa needed a new fuel tank and its third alternator. I still have grudges with car companies, think J might be a bit calmer.....