PDA

View Full Version : brake upgrade

minimad
21st January 2009, 01:51 AM
can anyone point me in the right direction?i want to upgrade my brakes front and rear any reliable sources that wont rip me off?thinking of brembo what do you guys think? any response will be gratefull:thumbs up:central belt

Gismo
21st January 2009, 03:39 AM
Depends on what you term being ripped off ;)
I've just bought Porsche brakes (http://www.gtt.uk.com/brakes.asp)
They aint cheap, but are meant to be the best available.

I've also bought the rear spiroslots and they compare to dealer prices.
Folks on MINI2 highly recommend the front spiroslots, but, i wanted something a bit different :thumbs up:

Craig
21st January 2009, 08:59 AM
depending on where in the central belt you are, I have used the same garage for nearly 20 years. I trust them with my car completely and they have NEVER done me wrong. D & D Bell in Longcroft (just off the A80 near Banknock) Their number is 01324 841477. tell them I sent you and you'll be looked after :thumbs up:

as for the brakes, as Gismo says it depends what you want... Only you can decide - I haven't changed mine yet, but the spiroslots seem to be a good upgrade without breaking the bank... :thumbs up:we don't all have Gismos dosh :thud::Whistle:

Gismo
21st January 2009, 09:39 AM
I should add that i had Ap Racing Brakes in the past, superb feel etc and were in teh region of £700 iirc :smilewinkgrin:

Ivano
21st January 2009, 09:54 AM
Stoptech are very popular too for the MINI...