PDA

View Full Version : ASC - Stability Control

cooper-chick
20th January 2009, 02:20 PM
Hello ;bigwave:

I was just wondering if anyone knew where the fuse is for the ASC so i can take it out?:confused:

john
20th January 2009, 03:51 PM
http://www.mini2.com/forum/general-discussion/133675-fuses-relays-earth-points.html

cooper-chick
20th January 2009, 06:20 PM
Fantastic

Thank you :D

The Dogfather
20th January 2009, 06:28 PM
Track days?

KenL
20th January 2009, 07:01 PM
Can't you just turn it off?

RyanK
20th January 2009, 07:40 PM
Even when turned off it still kicks in/cuts the power all the time when pushing hard

The Dogfather
20th January 2009, 10:11 PM
Are you sure? Doesn't seem to on the R56, I had a play in the snow last week.

cooper-chick
20th January 2009, 10:46 PM
Track days?

Crail :D

Took the back seats out so before i do any other mods am gonna take her down and see what she gets:smilewinkgrin:

Yeah but when i turn it off mine just comes back on automatically when it doesn't get grip and just cuts the power completely so......

THE FUSE IS COMING OUT :laugh:

KenL
20th January 2009, 11:06 PM
I guess MINI don't trust the owners!

Why give you an on/off button at all I wonder?

john
20th January 2009, 11:28 PM
Even when turned off it still kicks in/cuts the power all the time when pushing hard

You sure?:confused:

I have mine off all the time and had no bother, same with my GP:confused:

RyanK
20th January 2009, 11:44 PM
Maybe not :rolleyes: i've never actually driven a mini with it off!! I have been down to a few track days with my uncle in his gp though and im sure he kept saying that the traction function kept kicking in going round corners etc. Don't quote me though as he maybe never had it off in the 1st place!

DOH...owned :popcorn:

Forbes
21st January 2009, 01:05 AM
My GFs in her 7 kept kicking in. Even when off.

Gismo
21st January 2009, 04:17 AM
Isn't the DSC always on if you have it, you can't turn that off

Forbes
21st January 2009, 12:14 PM
If this was directed at me
She has a switch the same as the s, and i am sure it is asc + t, not 100% sure

C.Noble
21st January 2009, 12:32 PM
Not tried this on a MINI yet, but it should work...

On the BMW systems, if you press and hold the disable button for 10 seconds, another light comes on and the whole system shuts down too allow for moments of silliness.

Disclaimer; I dont endorse this behaviour and remind you that all highway laws should be obeyed and seat belts worn at all times... or at least when in view of plod!

If this does work, please tell us... none of the race ones or the ones I work on have ASC/DSC, so I cant try it.

Gismo
21st January 2009, 01:09 PM
If this was directed at meNot directed at anyone, it was a general statement wondering if i'm right :blush:

cooper-chick
21st January 2009, 03:06 PM
Thanks guys:thumbs up:

I shall try hold it down for 10 seconds, take it for a spin and see what happens. Will let you know the outcome :D

Sheilz
21st January 2009, 03:58 PM

You can turn it off. Got a wee toggle switch on the central console. I keep mine on coz I dont like warning lights showing on the speedo. Spoils the ambience ;)

Burple
21st January 2009, 05:12 PM
You sure?:confused:

I have mine off all the time and had no bother, same with my GP:confused:

You're obviously not trying hard enough!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Getting lazy with all that extra power in the S? :laugh::laugh:

john
21st January 2009, 05:28 PM
You're obviously not trying hard enough!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Getting lazy with all that extra power in the S? :laugh::laugh:

:hand: not biting:moonie:

Burple
21st January 2009, 06:03 PM
:hand: not biting:moonie:

:D:D:D:p;bigwave: :lol:

euan
21st January 2009, 07:00 PM
Not tried this on a MINI yet, but it should work...

On the BMW systems, if you press and hold the disable button for 10 seconds, another light comes on and the whole system shuts down too allow for moments of silliness.

Disclaimer; I dont endorse this behaviour and remind you that all highway laws should be obeyed and seat belts worn at all times... or at least when in view of plod!

If this does work, please tell us... none of the race ones or the ones I work on have ASC/DSC, so I cant try it.

Certainly works in BMWs, I've had mine off (just to see if it worked;)) before, the light goes red (I think - if it comes on amber when you flick it, it goes red, or vice versa) when it's off.