PDA

View Full Version : Thudding Sound Coming From Brakes???

Ivano
19th January 2009, 07:46 PM
A girl in my office Ashley drives a 54 Plate Cooper with 75,000 miles on the clock.

She came to me today as she always does with MINI related questions to say that she seems to be getting a thudding sound when she applies the brake pedal now at all levels of speed... I have never encountered such a thing.

I am not sure if her brakes have gone and need new discs/pads :confused:

Does anyone know what this could be or provide some advice on this potential problem???? It would be much appreciated!! :thumbs up:

She hasn't had the car long, maybe 5 months and bought the car down South so she won't be sure as to how old the brakes are ie discs/pads

AndyP & Lenore
19th January 2009, 07:48 PM
Sounds like warped discs to me. But then, I'm no mechanic.

A.

C.Noble
19th January 2009, 08:04 PM
If it is a rythmic thud, then I would agree it may be warped brake discs.

If it is a one off thud each time you apply the brakes, I would suggest it is one or both wishbone bushes.

Ivano
19th January 2009, 08:19 PM
I think it is a rythmic thud... so warped discs it could be

I take it if it is warped discs she shouldn't really be doing a lot of driving with them until a replacement is sought??

Crombers
19th January 2009, 08:22 PM
Get it to a local indy garage asap. They will soon advise as to what is up.

marc_v33
19th January 2009, 08:30 PM
if the wheels has been off recently and not been put back on properly then you get the thudding.. happened to a mates cooper and it cost a bloody fortune to replace the hub etc....

rpn
19th January 2009, 09:58 PM
A girl in my office Ashley drives a 54 Plate Cooper with 75,000 miles on the clock.

She came to me today as she always does with MINI related questions

:off topic:

Why don't you point her to here, sign up as member and ask any Mini related questions herself.

Won't cost her a penny and actually everyone is quite friendly! :p :Whistle:

Ivano
20th January 2009, 09:39 AM
:off topic:

Why don't you point her to here, sign up as member and ask any Mini related questions herself.

Won't cost her a penny and actually everyone is quite friendly! :p :Whistle:

You know i was just thinking that... I will need to get Ashley to sign up here and then she can fight her own battles... :D:D

Leave it with me.....